Hednesford to continue next season in the NPL West

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Re: Hednesford to continue next season in the NPL West

Post by PitmanKeith »

What are everyone's thoughts
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

big building job not just for now for the future
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
RobYeltz

Post by RobYeltz »

I don't know enough about the goings on over time with your club to pass comment, just really happy to see that you will have at least a club to follow next season which gives you something to build upon. Best wishes
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Pleased to see Danny is staying on. Lots of work to be done...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Mark

Post by Mark »

I think this is the best we could have hoped for given the position we were in - in reality we were never going to find a new buyer and get through a legal process in a week. Ade’s brought the club some time to get back on its feet - he’s quite openly saying he hasn’t got huge amounts of money to put in to the club, so it’s going to have to be ran savvy and be reliant on volunteers.

I also note Steve has given generous terms on the ground and was central to the club being kept alive.

So my view is we should be thankful to those who have worked hard and made sacrifices to keep the club afloat.

Also pleased Danny is still manager - he’s clearly up for the challenge and has the fans on side. I hope he gets the chance to show what he can do.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

This has been posted on another thread but for those who can't see the Facebook version..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... -24-season
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Ross

Post by Ross »

The main thing is we have a club. It's going to be a bumpy road that is for sure and I'd take survival right now. I like the fact Ade is building a committee including fans I think this is a smart move. I will be honest I hope there is a good mix of fans in there because it will need people with different opinions to help find the right direction.
We have to see it as a clean slate and forget what has gone before and be behind there here and now. I wish Ade, Danny and Terry every success in the world.

Here's to another day!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm pleased we are continuing and glad that Ade is man enough to admit mistakes have been made. I'm also delighted that Danny is staying on. I'm not expecting any great success so I hope that there is no abuse of Ade , Danny or anyone else that is prepared to give 100% next season. I'd also advise both to stay away from social media and not to bite when some moron has a pop.
It isn't clear as to how long we have to find a more permanent solution to our situation, but I don't think the current arrangement will last more than a year so there is some urgency around resolving this.
It sounds like we won't be doing much on the commercial front other than by following a DIY, word-of-mouth approach.
This definitely feels like a sticking plaster and so whilst I'm relieved, I'm not doing cartwheels. This is a stay of execution and the best thing people can do is to come to games, back Danny and 'the club' and be careful about how they vent frustration. Next season is going to be tough and I'm not expecting us to despatch with any regularity the so-called tin-pot clubs we were happy to look down on from our lofty position not too long ago
:scratchhead:
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Also it does sound like an unsung hero here is Steve Price. From what I've read, I've misjudged any agenda I thought he might have very badly. In case you're ever reading this, sorry, and thank you.
Del

Post by Del »

Perton Pitman wrote: Fri Jun 02 2023 5:14 pm
It sounds like we won't be doing much on the commercial front other than by following a DIY, word-of-mouth approach.
Let's just hope that isn't true .. saying no more!

The rest of the news is good. :clap:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Sat Jun 03 2023 8:03 am
Perton Pitman wrote: Fri Jun 02 2023 5:14 pm
Let's just hope that isn't true .. saying no more!

The rest of the news is good. :clap:
Paid on a commission basis a decent commercial manager pays for himself, its a no brainer surely.
I can't understand the reluctance to employ one, it's the first requirement you'd look at as a club of our stature.

What are we proposing we do a Nuneaton and get the buckets out😲
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

UNtil someone comes in and takes the club on a more permanent basis I don't think we will see any firm strategies put in place. We are on life support at the moment.

Out of interest and to avoid confusion, because I don't know, is there a covenant on the ground at present which prevents the ground being flattened and having houses built on it? If so, when does it expire.

APologies for the question, but there has been a lot of mis-information flying around over the past couple of years and some absolute clarity would be welcomed.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Jun 03 2023 10:23 am UNtil someone comes in and takes the club on a more permanent basis I don't think we will see any firm strategies put in place. We are on life support at the moment.

Out of interest and to avoid confusion, because I don't know, is there a covenant on the ground at present which prevents the ground being flattened and having houses built on it? If so, when does it expire.

APologies for the question, but there has been a lot of mis-information flying around over the past couple of years and some absolute clarity would be welcomed.
I've always been led to believe that the covenant that was put on the ground when it was built in 1995 was for 25 years, this would have expired in 2020.
However I've also been led to believe that it was bought off quite sometime before that hence the houses you now have.

Unfortunately no one has ever provided proof of this and more than likely no one ever will.

Maybe a question for this topic

http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/foru ... php?t=5487

In all honesty though the only person I presume who could answer this is Steve Price.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Steve_W

Post by Steve_W »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Jun 03 2023 1:06 pm
I've always been led to believe that the covenant that was put on the ground when it was built in 1995 was for 25 years, this would have expired in 2020.
However I've also been led to believe that it was bought off quite sometime before that hence the houses you now have.

Unfortunately no one has ever provided proof of this and more than likely no one ever will.

Maybe a question for this topic

http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/foru ... php?t=5487

In all honesty though the only person I presume who could answer this is Steve Price.
We don't live in North Korea Keith, all of this information is in the public domain. Back in the day I tried to draw attention to the information that Steve Price had paid a six figure sum to lift the covenant that ensured that the football clubs land could only be used for sporting purposes but it didn't include the Stadium itself. That's how he got the houses built and I sent copies to anyone that asked for it as proof.

Now the only person who knows the current situation is quite literally anyone that goes along to the Land Registry website, puts the clubs postcode in and pays £3. Plus another £3 if you want a copy of the title plan. I know the club likes to be all cloak and dagger but all the Companies involved have to file accounts that are publicly accessible as are all land transactions if anyone takes even the slightest effort to do some digging.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I personally think Steve has done what he said he would do - houses were always on the agenda, but held up by newts for years. I still don’t like the fact the car park has houses on it, but I understand that probably needed to happen to make Keys Park worthwhile financially.

He had the chance in the last few weeks to let the club die and bulldoze the ground, but as far as I’ve heard he was doing everything he could to get a group together to take the club forward. Also sounds like he has done a generous deal with Ade to keep it going. I don’t think there’s any hidden agenda and I never have either.
Knocker

Post by Knocker »

Mark wrote: Fri Jun 02 2023 3:44 pm I think this is the best we could have hoped for given the position we were in - in reality we were never going to find a new buyer and get through a legal process in a week. Ade’s brought the club some time to get back on its feet - he’s quite openly saying he hasn’t got huge amounts of money to put in to the club, so it’s going to have to be ran savvy and be reliant on volunteers.

I also note Steve has given generous terms on the ground and was central to the club being kept alive.

So my view is we should be thankful to those who have worked hard and made sacrifices to keep the club afloat.

Also pleased Danny is still manager - he’s clearly up for the challenge and has the fans on side. I hope he gets the chance to show what he can do.

Very well said Mark. I agree entirely with these remarks. This time last week it looked like there wasn't going to be a club in anything-like the form we have known it. So well-done and thank you for all concerned who have committed themselves on my behalf and that of all other supporters.

What we need to do now of course is to get behind the team and the club -and all the individuals who work so hard.

Finally my perspective: I just want to go down to the match and enjoy myself. I like to pass the time of day with other supporters of course but I'm looking for a positive experience. I'm thinking of a remark I read when reading a report of a recent Villa match: the reporter said the team was playing with great confidence yes, but more than that they were playing with a smile on their faces. I'd like to think that's what I'll be watching at Keys Park next season: a team playing creatively, expressing themselves ...and having fun doing that.

Once again, thanks to all concerned for what they have committed to over the past week.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Good luck to the club for the future, I’m pleased to see Danny stay in the role
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm still confused about the covenant. Without wishing to trawl through the land registry website, it still isn't clear what the situation is with the current footprint of the ground (including smaller car park and the pitch). I'm not fussed that there are houses on the old car park as we are a step 4 club and we don't need all that space.
Someone remarked that SP could have flattened the ground last week, but is that really the case as the option may not exist???
SOme absolute clarity on the matter would help as if there is no short-medium term risk of losing our home we can focus on other things, but if there is then some contingency planning wouldn't go amiss.
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

I agree, the covenant seems very significant.

On another tack, is Ade taking back control (...) in order to salvage the club while he looks to sell? Or is he seeing it as a more long term thing? It sounds like the former. Is that right?

And do we assume that Gary Hartland is out of the picture now?
Stuart Bowman
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Taking it on while another buyer is found.

Don't know on the Gary Hartland one.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Chris

Post by Chris »

There is a process which has been used with some local pubs where they have been listed as assets of community value. This doesn't stop them being knocked down but can give a stay of execution (I think 12 months) while a new owner/buyer can be found.
Not sure if this could be used for a sports ground but I don't see why not.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Sport England may also have an interest in this kind of thing.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Can I nominate 'I am the resurrection' by the Stone Roses for our walk on music in the first few matches?

It's an incredibly cheesy idea but I'm too happy to care.