Hednesford Town Team Talk 2023/24

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
pitmanpipe

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2023/24

Post by pitmanpipe »

J shez wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 1:31 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 12:55 pm The club have kindly supplied me with a list of all registered players this morning so I have updated the squad list which can be found here

https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/for ... 47#p107847
Kenjy Camara???
He played last night but yet to be announced
J shez

Post by J shez »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 1:39 pm
J shez wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 1:31 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 12:55 pm The club have kindly supplied me with a list of all registered players this morning so I have updated the squad list which can be found here

https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/for ... 47#p107847
Kenjy Camara???
Yes mate he's on the registered list I was sent this morning, registered on 7/3/24 but that's all I know, I've done a bit of digging and appears to have come through Boldmere U21
Thanks mate,strange one if he was registered on the 7th
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

Have we tapped into a rich vein of players available from the local old peoples home. This is potentially getting very expensive to get us out of the mire, just praying that it works then we can get back to something sensible in our approach, because this signing has been's is not the way to go, neither is throwing money left right and centre at it as proved in the John Baldwin era.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I am flabbergasted by Endall being given a contract until the end of next season.

He played well against Leek but he is often clumsy, always has a mistake in him and doesn’t win anywhere near enough in the air in either box that he should do with his height.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

It is intriguing to say the least. The club must have its motives for handing out contracts. Perhaps some players have been tapped up by other clubs. I'd be interested to know who makes these decisions. It can't be the manager so must be our Director of Football (or whatever he is called).

Contracts are fine to a point, but as we've seen in the past if a player decides they want to leave then they will go regardless. Also we've decide to build a team around Rowe and Endall . No doubt others will join the list soon, but contracts carry risks for clubs.

This isn't the Premier League and I doubt Arsenal will come knocking on our door again any time soon, so what's the point really?
:scratchhead:
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

I think the club has started to contact younger players to provide some stability as we head towards next season. Personally I don't have a problem with either player being given a contract and would also look at engaging Jack Kelly and Jai Verma similarly, providing of course these deals don't pose a financial risk. Having said that, given the last few years stability of this type is of paramount importance.

In my opinion Josh is not a bad centre half at all for our level. He does however, remind me a little of Tom Marshall, in that he needs to realise his limitations and play accordingly i.e. safety first with the ball at his feet.
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I’ve heard rumours Jack Kelly is leaving and Jai Verma doesn’t want a contract
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

In the context of
1)The club being in long term decline with an owner with financial resources but limiting spending-their money their right do that
2)Then next owners of the club probably not having access to the level of funds needed to arrest that decline it was made worse for a number of reasons
3)Assuming and yet to follow that the new owners have the level of funds and will commit to that restoration process

With regard to contracts it is more likely to be about having a stable squad and restricting other non league clubs from poaching players.
Although enforcing contracts perhaps didn't happen during the time of the owner at 1 above a better comparison is with the much more recent events at Walsall Wood. There firstly the owner required 7 days notice (max x 3 and 28 days apart I understand) for non contract players and placed a number of players on contract to block others leaving
I believe it is with funding not an issue the right approach provided it is done sensibly.
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

Is Jai Verma not studying to be a Doctor or something so can understand that situation, perhaps Jack isn't keen on staying at the minute with current manager ?
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

With the state of our league position I’m not sure signing some/most/all of them for next season is such a good idea.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

The close season is certainly gonna be an interesting one irrespective of what league we find ourselves in.
Do you finance a squad from players at the levels above or do you cherry pick the better players from the level you are playing at.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Mar 28 2024 3:21 pm The close season is certainly gonna be an interesting one irrespective of what league we find ourselves in.
Do you finance a squad from players at the levels above or do you cherry pick the better players from the level you are playing at.
Our most successful spell in living memory was when John Baldwin threw relatively vast sums of money around which involved a bit of both. He recruited Simpson and Essex from Strnagers for £20K (this was in the 90s remember!!!) and Steve Burr for £12K. He also recruited a number of players who were the best in the Midlands at our level at the time and this won us promotion.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Mar 28 2024 3:21 pm The close season is certainly gonna be an interesting one irrespective of what league we find ourselves in.
I'd like to see Verma at the club next season, but other than that if we are going to challenge for promotion from whatever league we are in we will need to wipe the slate clean. We've signed up Rowe and Endall already, but after that we will need to recruit the best players that we can. Money doesn't appear to be an issue, but it has to be very wisely spent.

Moore is very lucky as if we do survive this season it will be down the the recruitment of the likes of Moke and Barnes-Homer and less to do with his own abilities or contacts (which appear to extend no further than Newcastle Town rejects)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Transfer Deadline day has now passed, we go with the squad we have.

https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/for ... php?t=5488
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lirpa Loof seems to be a free agent.

Can we still register him?
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Glyn wrote: Mon Apr 01 2024 9:14 am Lirpa Loof seems to be a free agent.

Can we still register him?
Thought twice about removing this as it's been around since God was a lad, but I'll let you off this one last time🤣🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
J shez

Post by J shez »

https://nonleaguebible.weebly.com/step-4-awards.html

How have they come to that nominee for player of the season ???