New Owner - New Era

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Re: New Owner - New Era

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Wed May 24 2023 2:46 pm the new owner hasn't dropped out phone clarification from the club
Your phone bill is gonna be massive mate🤣🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Ross

Post by Ross »

Who knows if the deal has collapsed or not. One thing is for sure we are a mess.
Who would blame him for dropping out? Right now I couldn’t name 1 reason as to why buying this football club would be a good thing.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

the fact that there is always someone at the club tells me that the club is still up and running
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

I agree this does seem to be abit of a mess that has gained momentum in the last 24/48 hours. However, at the moment all we are hearing are rumours, so let’s hope that’s all they are and everything is made clear very shortly.
Ross

Post by Ross »

The worrying thing is all the noise is gathering momentum and it feels like there is too much smoke for there to be no fire.
It’s a shame Heath Hayes have gone because at this point I would have said fold the club start again as a merge with Heath Hayes playing at their ground. But that option has sadly gone.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 24 2023 3:38 pm The worrying thing is all the noise is gathering momentum and it feels like there is too much smoke for there to be no fire.
It’s a shame Heath Hayes have gone because at this point I would have said fold the club start again as a merge with Heath Hayes playing at their ground. But that option has sadly gone.
Heath Hayes went because they were forced off their ground so a ground share or whatever there was never an option.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Del wrote: Wed May 24 2023 2:58 pm
sheriff wrote: Wed May 24 2023 2:46 pm the new owner hasn't dropped out phone clarification from the club
Could have been a recorded message! :-D
"Hello and thank you for calling the Hednesford Town hotline. Please select from one of the following three options:

To hear what you want to hear, please press 1

To hear what we think you want to hear, please press 2

For a white lie intended to stop the cataclysmic truth* rippling through the Staffordshire non league scene like a nuclear blast wave, please press 3

For all other options and for what's really going to happen please hold the line. The current wait time is eight days."

* I sincerely hope not
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

:doh:
bix_the_dog wrote: Wed May 24 2023 3:47 pm
Del wrote: Wed May 24 2023 2:58 pm
Could have been a recorded message! :-D
"Hello and thank you for calling the Hednesford Town hotline. Please select from one of the following three options:

To hear what you want to hear, please press 1

To hear what we think you want to hear, please press 2

For a white lie intended to stop the cataclysmic truth* rippling through the Staffordshire non league scene like a nuclear blast wave, please press 3

For all other options and for what's really going to happen please hold the line. The current wait time is eight days."

* I sincerely hope not
:clap: :clap: :clap:
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think our previous owners would do well to keep their heads down. They've not covered themselves in glory for a fair chunk of their time with us and they should move on and allow us to support our club.
Their tendency to fall out with people on line and in person (on occasions) has got them nowhere.
:scratchhead:
J shez

Post by J shez »

Totally agree.let us just all move on.its the volunteers behind the scenes I feel for.all the time and effort they have put in to help the Club and all the previous owners that have come and gone will be wasted if this isn't put to bed.i genuinely don't care what standard of team we have next year, just allow it to get sorted and give us a team to support .
Ross

Post by Ross »

Been told by 3 different people today the deal is off all saying the same reason and non of them connected.
Doesn’t look good.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Ross wrote: Thu May 25 2023 6:53 pm Been told by 3 different people today the deal is off all saying the same reason and non of them connected.
Doesn’t look good.
Well I’ve heard different from a couple of very good sources so we’ll have to wait and see.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Maybe if the deal is off to buy Hednesford Town, it might only be the 1st Leg, with a 2nd Leg still to come.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Jduddy37

Post by Jduddy37 »

Ross wrote: Thu May 25 2023 6:53 pm Been told by 3 different people today the deal is off all saying the same reason and non of them connected.
Doesn’t look good.
What reason?
Ross

Post by Ross »

An increase to the asking price.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Ross wrote: Thu May 25 2023 8:52 pm An increase to the asking price.
Usually when gazumping there is a better offer involved ?? Otherwise, well there are no words.
Ross

Post by Ross »

It’s also been reported all events and parties at the ground have been cancelled
Ross

Post by Ross »

Now confirmed and on the website the deal is off
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Well I sincerely hope that the reason Ross cited isn't true (not that I doubt you). Probably best not say any more.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Who in their right mind is going to make an offer now?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Not really sure what to say - some people need to hang their heads in shame. For 140 years the club has been a big part of the local community and for it to end in this manner is unforgivable.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Unfortunately it would seem OUR club has had its final day.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I have now locked this topic as it has become redundant

New topic for discussion here

http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/foru ... php?t=5479
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣