Kings Langley (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Kings Langley (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 15 April 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Re: Kings Langley (H)

Post by sheriff »

let's hope we can relegate them just for fun
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 0 KINGS LANGLEY

Official (crows) 312

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1v1 Royston
Alvechurch 0v3 Hitchin
Bromsgrove 2v0 Barwell
Hednesford 1v0 Kings Langley
Ilkeston 2v3 Nuneaton
Mickleover 2v1 Redditch
Needham Market 3v2 Basford
St. Ives 2v0 Bedford
Stourbridge 2v0 Rushall
Stratford 1v0 Coalville
Tamworth 3v1 Leiston

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A decent effort by the lads against a desperately poor opponent. Thought both penalties were a little soft, especially their's. The ref elected to give both very quickly with the linesmen , better placed, giving nothing. Tilt was again lively and Basey had a very solid game, the highlight being his fine penalty save.

The lads defended stoutly and we managed to create some half decent openings , especially in the second half. It was another, low-key affair with little to get the heart pumping. It would be nice to turn up to a game with genuine excitement in the air and a slight tingle of nerves. Hopefully that will come next season.

We have a chance of finishing outside the bottom two so it would be great to extend our solid home form on Thursday.

Interesting to see what is going on at the top of the league and whether Leiston will need to beat us on Saturday to win the league. Nobody seems to want it and there are some big games taking place in midweek.
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Yes ! nice to take a crap club down with us
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We aren’t going to get free flowing brilliant performances. We were bottom of the league for a reason and our team is full of loanees and mainly players that other clubs don’t want. That’s the only reason they are here. What we can expect though, although it would be easy not to in our position, is for the players to put in 100% in terms of attitude, desire and their own self-respect as footballers and we are absolutely getting all of that.
It wasn’t a brilliant performance although we did have some sporadic good moves in attack. We could have scored more goals with better finishing a bit of luck. What impressed me most was the desire of the defenders/midfielders (Patterson, McQuilkin, Kaninda and Portman in particular) to throw their bodies in the way of shots to preserve the clean sheet. Excellent save from Basey to keep out the penalty. I thought our penalty was more of a shove than theirs but it was a case of either both should be given or neither. Stanley made a terrible decision to make contact with their attacker when he was heading out of the box towards the corner so he could easily have avoided the referee having to make a decision. My MOTM was Tilt who had a decent game for a change for what I imagine will be his last.
I don’t know why we haven’t been able to be better away from home as we look terrible recently on the road and look like conceding a bucketload but it’s so different at home. We are now 5 games unbeaten at home with 4 clean sheets. We are 2 points behind Bedford and ahead of Rushden on goal difference with 2 games left and if we can stay ahead of Rushden and finish above Bedford in 20th it’ll be our highest placing of the entire season and will represent a job well done by Danny Glover and his team with presumably fewer resources than those before him.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Chris

Post by Chris »

sheriff wrote: Sun Apr 16 2023 8:32 am Yes ! nice to take a crap club down with us
What's your problem with Kings Langley?
It's still the best away day I've had since we got moved into this league.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

back where they belong
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Tue Apr 18 2023 10:20 am back where they belong
Can we please stop slagging off other clubs with no obvious or stated reasons.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

sheriff wrote: Sun Apr 16 2023 8:32 am Yes ! nice to take a crap club down with us
(yellowcard) for Mr Sheriff.

Please no slagging off of other Clubs causing any ill feeling amongst our users.
Thanks-Del

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21