Rushall Olympic (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Rushall Olympic (H)

Post by Del »

Monday 10 April 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Rushall Olympic (H)

Post by PitmanKeith »

Expect us to be bottom at 5pm tomorrow, Rushden are at home to Bedford.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

A win for us and a win for Rushden could enable us to finish in 20th place and put us in a better position for any possible reprieves 👍
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun Apr 09 2023 1:57 pm A win for us and a win for Rushden could enable us to finish in 20th place and put us in a better position for any possible reprieves 👍
Finishing 3rd from bottom doesn't prioritise you for a reprieve. If a team with a better ppg finishes bottom of another league they will get it not you.
The last time I looked we'd got the 11th best ppg out of the sixteen bottom four sides in the four step 3 leagues.
In other words 11 sides have to voluntarily drop out of step 3 or go bust before we get reprieved.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Apr 09 2023 2:49 pm
Lee K wrote: Sun Apr 09 2023 1:57 pm A win for us and a win for Rushden could enable us to finish in 20th place and put us in a better position for any possible reprieves 👍
Finishing 3rd from bottom doesn't prioritise you for a reprieve. If a team with a better ppg finishes bottom of another league they will get it not you.
The last time I looked we'd got the 11th best ppg out of the sixteen bottom four sides in the four step 3 leagues.
In other words 11 sides have to voluntarily drop out of step 3 or go bust before we get reprieved.
Yes, and that’s possible…
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Updates thread still locked so I will share the team news here..

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 0 - 0 RUSHALL OLYMPIC

Official (crows) 452

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 4v0 Bedford
Barwell 3v1 Coalville
Basford 2v1 Ilkeston (red card)
Bromsgrove 3v4 Stourbridge
Hednesford(red card) 0v0 Rushall
Kings Langley PvP Hitchin
Mickleover 3v1 Nuneaton
Needham Market 0v1 Leiston
Redditch 1v0 Alvechurch
Royston 1v3 St. Ives
Tamworth 2v0 Stratford
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote: Mon Apr 10 2023 2:32 pm Updates thread still locked so I will share the team news here..
Updates thread is always locked when I am updating as it stops people posting inane comments during the updates!!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A dreadful afternoon's 'entertainment'. The 452 that could be bothered (pitiful for a Bank Holiday Derby) including an equally pitiful 50 from Rushall probably knew what was coming. Rushall were dire and if they play that like in the play-offs they'll be despatched easily.
The lads worked hard, but there was no quality and as Lee said at the weekend. we need to have a complete clear out.

I thought Tilt was our brightest player, but having reacted to being hacked down (brainless is being kind) he got a deserved red card and dropped his team mates in it. Luckily there was nothing riding on the game and we weren't threatened by Rushall. He doesn't deserve to represent the club again. We don't need players like that and if we keep him for next season his lack of composure will be a handicap.

Thought the ref handled the incident badly. Half the Rushall bench, including Batchelor, were on the pitch and I believe only one yellow card was brandished when all should have received a red.

A dreadful game and the only talking point was Tilt's stupidity. Sums it all up really and I can't wait for the season to end.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I think I am going to be kinder to the players than Perton, probably because the debacle at Ilkeston was still fresh in the mind.
Of course, there’s no complaint about Tilt’s red as the red mist absolutely consumed him but the referee otherwise had an absolutely terrible game. It seemed quite clear to me that he didn’t even know which defender had committed the foul to give the yellow to, and needed his lino to help him.
Yes we have no quality but the players battled hard and defended well. I just can’t understand why we can’t defend as well away from home. Deserved applause for the players as they left the field, on to the final two home games now before we can put the season to bed.
Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

Highlights

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Thanks for the link appreciated.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣