Ilkeston Town (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Ilkeston Town (H)

Post by Del »

Tuesday 29 February 2023 .. kick-off 1945hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Ilkeston Town (H)

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Could be the club's last midweek fixture under floodlights.
Judging by the numbers that turned up at the 2 games played last night in our league it could be an eerie atmosphere at the game.
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 2 - 2 ILKESTON TOWN

Official (crows) 373

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times
Alvechurch 2v1 Basford
Bromsgrove 0v1 Stratford
Hednesford 2v2 Ilkeston
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Another great effort from the lads. Have to say I've enjoyed the last few home games even though we've only picked up a couple of draws along the way. Everyone who puts the shirt on is giving their all, which is much different from when we had the likes of Bennett and O'Sullivan in the ranks.
Credit to TIlt for his part in the first goal with a quality pass for Graham to stab home. We were good value for our lead at the interval against another mediocre opponent.
THe game changed at half-time with an enforced substitution and I thought we would be too open with Stan coming on giving us 2 wingers. It proved as much as we were sliced open for Lita to score with a well taken finish. Ilkeston put some quality corners in all night , which Jackson dealt with well, but it was only a matter of time before they scored off one.
At that point we looked out of it, but Danny Glover stepped up with a calm finish to salvage a well earned point which I have to say we celebrated wildly behind the goal.
Danny is definitely generating a lot of goodwill and it was good to see him take the lead and drop in at centre half with 5 minutes to go when Portman was forced off with what looked like a painful injury.
Stan turned in an excellent second half cameo, Morley was again rock solid and Patterson again really impressed me.
Can't fault the effort and all I've ever wanted was to see players who wear the shirt with pride and a bit of passion. THis is so much better to watch than the sterile dross served up by KMR. Yes, he might keep the Bards up, but they are throwing a bit of money around into the bargain.
A good crowd for a midweek game - well done to everyone for turning out and showing what the club means to them.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It would be easy for the players (half of which are on loan) and most of them who probably have no future at the club to just go through the motions and pick up what little money they probably get, but the effort and application of every single player cannot be faulted and fans will be happy if that’s what they see and that’s what they are getting at the moment.
Danny mentioned in his video that some players weren’t committed and have moved on (clearly we are talking about KMR’s trio of Ison, Bennett and O’Sullivan) and I think we look better for having them out of the club. It remains to be said then fair play to Todd Parker, who clearly is remaining committed until the end of the season despite the fact that he has had a very difficult season and has been largely ineffective in most games unlike last season.
We knew we’ve not got the best team in the league but as long as the lads produce the effort they have done in the last couple of games then whatever happens or will happen I will enjoy the remaining home games and the trips to Barwell and Ilkeston.
I would also like to mention the progress made by Ethan Patterson. Signed from Step 5 Worcester Raiders he has got better with every game and is one I hope we can keep next season at Step 4 if we still have a club. He has proven to be a find so well done to Danny or Deaks or whoever it was that found him.
A bit disappointing that I asked on Twitter the reason for Mark Derricott’s absence on Saturday and was ignored but you can’t expect anything good from the off-the-field side of the club at present.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Wed Mar 01 2023 9:14 am
A bit disappointing that I asked on Twitter the reason for Mark Derricott’s absence on Saturday and was ignored but you can’t expect anything good from the off-the-field side of the club at present.
Is there one anymore? :think:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Chris

Post by Chris »

Del wrote: Thu Mar 02 2023 7:16 am
Lee K wrote: Wed Mar 01 2023 9:14 am
Is there one anymore? :think:
Yeah, there seem to be match previews, reports and programmes appearing frequently.
I believe Derricott is injured.