Basford United (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Basford United (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 25 February 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Re: Basford United (H)

Post by Lee K »

They are clearly worried about losing to us…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 0 - 0 BASFORD UNITED

Official (crows) 446

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times:
Bedford 0v1 Needham Market
Hednesford 0v0 Basford
Ilkeston 1v1 Rushall
Kings Langley 1v0 Royston
Leiston 0v0 Hitchin
Mickleover 1v0 Alvechurch
Nuneaton 2v1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Redditch 0v1 Coalville
St. Ives 1v1 Barwell
Stratford 1v1 Stourbridge
Tamworth 1v0 Bromsgrove
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

We can't make the play-offs now

:|
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Good commitment from the lads again today. We had a dodgy first 15 minutes when it looked like we were going to concede an early goal, but thereafter we grew into it and were well worth a draw against a mediocre Basford side.
Morley has proven to be a very good signing - a steadying influence at the back. Our keeper is getting better with each game and the young centre halves are also improving.
Great to see 446 at the game today. Nuneaton had only 100 more at their game and I reckon that during these tough times the players and fans are appreciative of each other. I've seen the team get plenty of stick when they've come off the pitch many times over the years, but at the last few games they've been well applauded and the players have taken the time to show their thanks.
I heard some rumours today about interested parties in taking the club on. I'll say no more on the subjective as they are just rumours and until someone takes the club on I am resigned to it all ending in a couple of months. I also won't comment on Mr Price other than to say if it is true what I heard he is charging for the ground to be used then he is playing his part in killing the club off. It's OK making money, but greed is something that doesn't sit well with me.
Well done today lads and well done to the fans . We might be crap , but there are 400 plus who turn up week in week out - not many clubs at our level could say that if they were in our position.
:scratchhead:
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

And it was flippin' perishing but wr still turned up.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Poor game between two desperately poor teams. Neither deserved to win which just showed the lack of quality. No lack of effort which is admirable given the number of loanees we have and the terminal nature of the club’s future.
I did think we were too cautious from the off when we should have gone for the throat. Danny played himself on his own up front and it just didn’t work. We had more possession when Graham came on and when Stanley came on for the woefully ineffective Tilt but still didn’t look likely. Basford were probably slightly worse than us, I’ve seen them twice this season and how they’ve not got a similar points tally to us I’ll never know.
It was really frustrating because they were there for the taking and I do fear for us on Tuesday when Leroy comes to town.
As for the comments about Pricey I’m not sure why anyone is surprised. Pricey isn’t a successful businessman for nothing, he’s not going to let the club play at the ground for nothing or even for a reduced amount. Perton talks about greed but that’s what businessmen are, they are there to make money and they care little about anyone else.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Match Report..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... ord-united

Shorter than two of the reviews above.

Oh, and "led"..
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34