Coalville Town (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Coalville Town (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 11 February 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Re: Coalville Town (H)

Post by Perton Pitman »

The club should install sofas on the terraces from behind which we can watch the game :mrgreen:
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Feb 09 2023 10:34 am The club should install sofas on the terraces from behind which we can watch the game :mrgreen:
You will be asking for waitress service next! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

4 home games out of the next 5 with an away game at bottom of the table in there too represents a good chance for us to get 15 points on the board and put us right back in the game.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Thu Feb 09 2023 10:38 pm 4 home games out of the next 5 with an away game at bottom of the table in there too represents a good chance for us to get 15 points on the board and put us right back in the game.
Whatever you're on I'll have a fivers worth of my hard earned pension on some please.

Don't mind Lee - he's just

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

After last night I've no clue what the atmosphere will be like today
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Lee K wrote: Thu Feb 09 2023 10:38 pm 4 home games out of the next 5 with an away game at bottom of the table in there too represents a good chance for us to get 15 points on the board and put us right back in the game.
form says we could pick up a possible 6 points
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 3 COALVILLE TOWN

Official (crows) 455

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0v1 Barwell
Basford 1v1 Bromsgrove
Hednesford 1v3 Coalville
Hitchin 1v1 Stourbridge
Ilkeston 3v2 Bedford
Kings Langley 1v1 Tamworth
Leiston 1v1 Alvechurch
Mickleover 2v0 Needham Market
Nuneaton 1v0 Stratford
Redditch 2v0 St. Ives
Royston 2v1 Rushall

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Really proud of the lads today. Everyone who pulled our shirt on cared about the game and gave their best. In the first half we were excellent and a superb free kick from Brogan gave us a deserved lead.
Second half we ran out of steam and when Danny went off we lost the one player who could hold the ball up.
Coalville are a top team and could bring Chambers off the bench to turn the game on its head in the last 15. I'd like to see the penalty incident again as the ref took ages to make his mind up and Chambers had already been booked for diving.

Man of match was Stanley - a superb display from the young man. He worked hard in defence as well as causing problems on the wing.

I'm proud of the lads for showing pride in the shirt despite the result. 3-1 might look comfortable, but is wasn't .

Sensible of the owners to stay away as it allowed us to get behind the lads all afternoon and I'm sure they appreciated our support.

Well done lads!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Yes, the players showed remarkable strength in adversity and I was proud to watch those 11+ players wear our shirt.
5 of the 11 in the starting line up were on loan and that yet again emphasises what a dreadful state the club is in.
We were excellent for the first half of the first half but after that it was difficult as we were defending for our lives but doing it well. The referee’s decision to award a penalty was poor as it looked to me like Chambers have dived again although I was over the other side of the pitch from the incident.
It was a lapse in concentration from Kaninda which led to the equaliser which was a shame because he’d otherwise played well as had the rest of the defence. Even Parker and Thorley had better games but I was disappointed in Jordan Graham. He looked good at Bromsgrove last week but today he looked disinterested. I agree Stanley played well and he was a close second to my MOTM which was Mark Derricott at right back.
I don’t think anybody expected a win today so to come 20 minutes from one was hard luck. Not only were Coalville 5th in the table but we have a dreadful record against them both at home and away. I remember us beating them 2-0 at home in an FA Trophy tie but otherwise I can’t remember a single win against them in all our years playing them. If Statto Pitman Keith or Statto CDS can be bothered to trawl their records (and I wouldn’t blame you if you can’t be arsed) but it would be interesting to see what our league record against them is.
C D S

Post by C D S »

A pleasing effort from the lads in response to this week’s shenanigans, competing well for seventy-odd minutes before running out of steam late on and letting the momentum swing to their more experienced opponents

A superb first half; committed, dangerous down each flank and deserving of the lead at the break. Brogan and Asomugha made an immediate impact, with Brogan’s free-kick an absolute peach. It almost felt that a weight had been lifted off the player's shoulders and they could play with a bit of freedom and express themselves

We rode our luck in parts during the second half but continued to show great resilience at the back to clear our lines. As soon as Glover went off, we lost our focal point up top and allowed Coalville to build up a head of steam. I was at the other end of the pitch so it was difficult to see but it looked like a dive by Chambers for the penalty. I will reserve judgement until I see the video but it looked extremely soft

Plenty of man of the match contenders; Derricott was composed at the back, whilst I thought that Thorley’s first hour was his best since returning. Glover, Asomugha and Brogan offered pace and aggression in the first half but all faded somewhat in the second. There was plenty of effort and desire out there today, something I was really happy with when it would have been easy for the players to lack motivation today with everything going on. No sign of either Bennett or Tilt today.

Coalville were really poor in the first half, but like the reverse fixture kept knocking on the door in the second half until we finally folded. They had several players on the more portly side who struggled to keep up with our zippy play in the first half. Once again, experience pays dividends as we’ve seen on countless occasions this term.

Some very animated and passionate debates about the past twenty-four hours with plenty of opinions and views flying around. Some considered, others ludicrous, all looking for some assurances on the future of our great club. One fan made an excellent point to me that people need to keep turning up in the numbers to provide proof to any potential new owners that there remains an appetite and passion for football at Hednesford from the public and is worth investing in.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

V Coalville since 2016

P10 W1 D3 L6 F11 A20
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Two more new starters today, taking the total to SIXTY, means we are only two more away from creating a club record of players named on a matchday team sheet in a single season.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Not a penalty and a second yellow card for diving in my opinion.
It's been one of those seasons
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Thanks as always Dan for the highlights and for the time and effort you put into filming and editing.

Yes, super goal from Brogan; and it looks like a blatant dive for the "penalty" - I think even the player himself looked at the re fearing the worst ie 2nd yellow...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Feb 13 2023 9:10 am https://toplissattheturnstiles.com/hednesford-town/

Great stuff
Indeed, good report... and he thought it was a dive too!!
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34