Alvechurch (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Alvechurch (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 28 January 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

NOTE:REMEMBER THERE IS TO BE A FANS FORUM PRIOR TO THE MATCH, FULL DETAILS HERE

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... unday-game
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Alvechurch (H)

Post by PitmanKeith »

Finding ourselves with a free Saturday at the same time (a rarity lately) my lad and myself have opted for an afternoon at Keys Park, how reckless that is we shall see
First game since we beat Rushden 5-0 on 9th October and only our fourth in the last 18 months, this from two supporters who used to be there every game.
Much has changed since that Rushden game but only ONE win since so our expectations are not high.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Of Alvechurch’s last five results, four of them have been 0-3, 0-3, 0-3 and 1-3 so we’ve got to win this one…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

PitmanKeith wrote: Fri Jan 27 2023 6:08 am Finding ourselves with a free Saturday at the same time (a rarity lately) my lad and myself have opted for an afternoon at Keys Park, how reckless that is we shall see
First game since we beat Rushden 5-0 on 9th October and only our fourth in the last 18 months, this from two supporters who used to be there every game.
Much has changed since that Rushden game but only ONE win since so our expectations are not high.
may see you but no bell today as Im straight from work,, will be wearing a red hat
o-Yay. :lol:
dig a-ling
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Well, 12 minutes before kick off and there aren't 100 people on the terraces
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 2 ALVECHURCH

Official (crows) tbc

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0v2 Stratford
Basford 1v3 Tamworth
Hednesford 1v2 Alvechurch
Hitchin 0v0 Bedford
Ilkeston 1v2 Coalville
Kings Langley 0v2 Barwell
Leiston 1v0 St. Ives
Mickleover 2v0 Rushall
Nuneaton 0v0 Stourbridge
Redditch 2v0 Bromsgrove
Royston 1v0 Needham Market
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

2Re: Alvechurch (H)

Post by Perton Pitman »

(crows) 499
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Struggling to think of a worse game that I've been to. Both sides were dreadful, zero quality, little goalmouth action and both keepers having nothing to do other than pick the ball out of the net.
To compound matters, the game was niggly with loads of fouls and the ref didn't help as he wasn't able to get a grip on the game.
I though Alvechurch would be half decent, but they were dire. Not sure how they got to the second round of the FA Cup on the evidence of today.

I'd like to see the replay for Bennett's disallowed goal. Not sure whether the ref or lino decided it was handball, but I didn't see anything from where I was.

We were caught napping for both goals and other than Danny winning headers and Ison getting stuck in nobody else contributed much. I'm afraid I'd be looking to wipe the slate clean for next season and start afresh as I don't think any of this lot deserve to wear the shirt (other than Glover perhaps as Ison will move on to retain step 3 status).

Good to see 499 there - if they feel like me, they'll be reflecting on a couple of hours they won't get back.

Waiting to hear the response to the questions posed to the owners. The budget has been increased they say, but in their shoes I'd be cutting it, saving my money and trying to find players who give a damn and actually want to do well for the club. They are being cheated at present and have my sympathies.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Makes up for the absolute shithousery of their players on the pitch I suppose :-)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I said as we were leaving today that Danny needs to have a complete clean slate next season. Not a single one of these players should be at the club. We’ve got to get rid of all traces of this season over the summer.
I rushed my balls off to get to KP today after also being at Walsall’s match with Leicester. My choice I know, and I wouldn’t have it any other way but again I left wondering why…
C D S

Post by C D S »

Well, it was a much-improved display on last week’s ‘performance’; much more effort but yet again nothing to show for it, similar in tone to several home games this season where we have fallen short of quality when required.

A bright opening fifteen minutes before Alvechurch struck after a quick break. Good finish from Parker for the equaliser, finishing well after the ball dropped to him on the edge of the area. It’s so frustrating to see all the hard work undone once more as Hamilton was given time and space to fire across Hollingshead to restore their lead

Lots of huffing and puffing throughout the second half but very little in the way of chances until the controversy over Bennett’s disallowed ‘goal’. It didn’t look like handball to me and I was looking directly at it from the Heath Hayes terrace. A lot of fuss was made about the incident when McQuilkin was stamped on by Burton with some calling for a penalty, but we had moved a further two phases on in play so I can’t see how the ref would be in a position to give it. Lots of pushing and shoving in the aftermath, with the gaffer a little lucky not to pick up a booking for his part in the piece as he waded into the melee.

Just like late on in the Nuneaton and St. Ives games, I felt we just aimlessly punted balls into the box and hoped it would land. Pleading for a spot-kick any time there was even the slightest contact in the box is also an indication of how utterly desperate we have become in an attempt to get anything from games. Seems to happen at most home games now.

Man of the match is tough as no one really stood out. Possibly Ison but I feel I pick him through habit sometimes; Glover, despite not being fully fit, won plenty in the air and Payne was again a willing runner down the left. Other than that, a very 'meh' display all round, which I suppose is preferable to last week's shambolic one.

Alvechurch took their two chances well but offered nothing in the final third other than the two goals, not testing Hollingshead at all in the second half. Some Oscar-worthy s**thousery from them in the second half, both on the pitch and in the dugout, with two players booked in quick succession for time-wasting. Horribly negative but when you take the points, who cares? Winning ugly is just something that doesn’t exist at Hednesford.

Another game closer to falling through the trapdoor and I, like a few I think, just want to get the season over with now, like ripping a plaster off quickly. I’m utterly fed up with these depressing narrow defeats, especially at home.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Is he after a transfer?!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Lee K wrote: Sun Jan 29 2023 9:04 am

Is he after a transfer?!
Nothing would surprise me these days. The group i stand with were discussing the influence of agents, the seemingly increased mobility of players and the general lack of loyalty which is shocking.
The conundrum for clubs, especially those in our position, is how do you create an environment where players will bust a gut and win games through sheer determination and will.
Alvechurch are clearly delighted with their win , but they were no better than us. They just wanted it more.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Thanks Dan. Make your own mind up about the handball, but I think the officials made the right call
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Thanks as always Dan. Looked to me like he "waisted" the ball. I doubt if the ref could be sure from what appears to be his position.

Hey ho, game of opinions.

I can't get to games these days but well done to so many of you for continuing to turn out in good numbers - and it's good to hear a rattle!
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34