Tamworth (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Tony J

Re: Tamworth (A)

Post by Tony J »

Disaster, end of days.
C D S

Post by C D S »

A dark day and a shameful ninety minutes. An unwanted new post-war record set and a black mark in the careers of the players who ‘represented’ our club. With the exception of only a couple out there, most deserve stinging criticism for what was a new low for me (I was also at the Northwich 8-0). You’ve got absolutely no hope of keeping out an experienced forward line when your goalkeeper is 18 years old and your two centre-backs are 19 years old, taken to the cleaners by Creaney et al just before half-time and adding to the issue with another teenager in Portman coming on at the break. The vast majority of our players just downed tools in the second half, which is a slap in the face for the loyal fans who turned out in the cold weather.

I wouldn’t blame DG for not wanting to do an interview after that as he’ll surely want to pick his words carefully after being badly let down by the players. That’s not to say he is completely absolved of blame for today but he shouldn’t feel the need to take the hit himself as he has on Facebook. Some very harsh home truths about what dross he's inherited this afternoon.

You feared a bit of a shoeing from Tamworth once they got their noses in front and from there on there was no stopping them. Some excellent set-piece deliveries today that we just couldn’t cope with, ruthlessly exposing our lack of order. Can’t blame them for not taking it easy on us as their goal difference is now significantly more than the bucket shakers, something that may be crucial at the end of the season if the title goes to the wire

Only Hollingshead and Payne come out of that with any credibility; two loan players again, it’s worth noting. I’m not one for marching out with the pitchforks but I would expect to see a handful of players given their cards this week as people have to take some accountability on and off the pitch. There are several players who just don’t want to be here but are happy to let us line their pockets at the end of the week, so it’s time for them to depart. I won’t list their names as we know who they are but some of them showed a honking attitude out there today.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Sat Jan 21 2023 8:07 pm
We had 5 subs, in addition to the three mentioned there Tilt and Agustien were also on the bench and both came on. When Del said there was nothing on Twitter (at the time) I texted him the team but could only remember hearing those 3 subs being mentioned when the teams were read out.
That is correct - blame me.
And I stick with my cricket score comment as per what was said elsewhere. Makes no odds to me if you are an ex-cricket player or not, the saying means the same and is well used by many! :evil:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I would suggest out of work managers who had Bromsgrove bottom of the league and getting caned kept his nose out and his head down.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Jan 22 2023 8:21 am

I would suggest out of work managers who had Bromsgrove bottom of the league and getting caned kept his nose out and his head down.
I wonder if he’ll reply to my reply…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Er, thanks Dan
:scratchhead:
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Thanks Dan. Painful to watch. Shows glaring mistakes. Now to put them right.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Lee K wrote: Sun Jan 22 2023 8:24 am

Doubt it but well done Lee :-D :clap:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Chris wrote: Sun Jan 22 2023 4:56 pm
Lee K wrote: Sun Jan 22 2023 8:24 am

Doubt it but well done Lee :-D :clap:
Looks like he’s deleted it now. I also remember Bromsgrove losing 7-1 to Leiston but when I researched it he wasn’t the manager for that one :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

I feel sorry for Graham and Ade. I’m sure there will be a restructuring from the top to bottom for next season. I think Danny et al have inherited dross and there’s only a few players worth keeping maybe 3 or 4. I think pre season next season should be a fair time to reflect on trialists and not name new signings until they are clearly defined as players who will play out the season on non contract terms so if they don’t want to play for the badge they can be offloaded. Looking forward to next season after the misery of this season just remember Graham and Ade have learnt a lot in the last couple of years and will not make the same mistakes as they have done this season. A play off push top 2 next season and this will all be forgotten! UTP
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

And the playing budget this season has been of top 10
Calibre so it’s cost them so they are defo in it for the long term….
njp

Post by njp »

I was quite gutted at the start of the day that I didn’t have the time to get to the match as I was due at a gig on the evening. Now I’m glad I didn’t go :lol: Tamworth are a good team but they’re not that good.it seems again that a lot of what they had was due to our own mistakes and defensive errors.
:lol:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Danny Glover is not a manager for a starter, so this is the first issue to sort out
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
steve-k

Post by steve-k »

sheriff wrote: Mon Jan 23 2023 6:54 pm Danny Glover is not a manager for a starter, so this is the first issue to sort out
Danny is still a good player as well as a young manager learning his craft.

Get behind him and support him instead of pulling him apart - we are supposed to be supporters, not destroying peoples confidence.

Danny deserves our backing in these circumstances, he is brave to take on a role at our club in this situation and I for one give him full backing long term.
Hedfud52

Post by Hedfud52 »

Unfortunately wasted on sheriff. As he does not have much poitive to say. When it comes to the club. Never has Never will.
Del

Post by Del »

For the record .. 'better' clubs than HTFC have come a cropper against Tamworth.

Back in 1969 when TU were in Division Four = "The club also reached the First Round of the FA Cup on two occasions, and on the second of those occasions they progressed to the Second Round by virtue of a 2-1 victory over Torquay United at The Lamb." :oops:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Hedfud52 wrote: Mon Jan 23 2023 10:00 pm Unfortunately wasted on sheriff. As he does not have much poitive to say. When it comes to the club. Never has Never will.
you tell me some positives in the last 12 months
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say