Tamworth (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Graham Jones

Tamworth (A)

Post by Graham Jones »

Hi All,

Hope everyone's well.

Just wanted to add some extra details to this statement - www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/01/next-u ... t-tamworth

We have been informed of this, so as a point of principle, we as a board will not be using any board room facilities as a show of solidarity and understand to our travelling support (other than the minimum required use for match day jobs - such as kit or team sheets etc - as this will be discussed in future league meetings of that I'm sure).

This follows our last two games, where the following issues occurred -

1) (TFC Away) Fans were not given access to any bar (even though we opened up the bar for them after this game, as we didn't feel fans should feel the effect of a clubs decisions - and as we was not consulted on this need (not that there is a need) we was shocked by this).
2) (TFC Away) I personally was treated with absolute disgust upon arrival at the club. I wasn't dressed appropriately for the board room (as you all may know by now, rarely am I). It was a very very cold day last away game there, so i dressed for the weather. I had not intended to use the board room due to respect of another club rules. However the welcome was such, that I felt there no need for and very unprofessional and unwelcoming. I was looked up and down by the gent who greeted me and I quote "You're not planning on using the board room are you". Me "No, I wasn't planning to why?". Gent "Good job dressed like that". I was then passed a drinks card for the home supporters bar (when I'm dressed all in Hednesford Managerial gear). I politely stated I would be happier standing with our fans in the away end, and was ushered quickly into the segregated area. Which all of you who know us, know that we as a board normally stand with our fans during away games anyways.
I have no issue with club rules and fully respect them, including dress codes. But I felt the way it was addressed was in very poor form and very unprofessional.
3) (TFC Away) There was an issue I personally dealt with with home officials (not their stewards I should add) been wrongly abusive towards one of our fans, due to a simple misunderstanding between them.
4) (HTFC Home) When they played at our place last, the game was segregated for the reasons which happened above (again with a bar). However some fans had been shouting serious abuse towards playing and bench staff. We raised towards a member of their team, we was informed "uhh" and we think what was don't know what you want me to do about it. Whilst the person in question had repeatedly requested to go through a segregation gate. Very poor.

I'm sure that experiences from other may show we haven't done things perfectly in the past, and if that's the case, no-ones raised it to myself or Ade (in particular references to these games). But were always willing to listen to all fans (home and away). So we can be the best versions of ourselves and the best version of the club we can be. As we want everyone to enjoy the beautiful game.

I would appreciate that the above isn't copied and pasted into any other social platform (as its felt that this is the sensible forum to discuss things about the FC online). But feel free to portray the general understanding and message.

All we seek is for all fans to enjoy the beautiful game and we feel that some of the above only leads to bigger issues. So whilst we stand together correctly we would also ask that any fans (away and home) all treat the game in the correct manner. No Abuse, Just Love for the Game.

Lets enjoy football together. For us to make changes in the game, we all have to be the change first.

#LoveFootball
Glyn

Re: Tamworth (A)

Post by Glyn »

Link not working for me, but this one does..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... t-tamworth
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Hi Gra, as you know I've followed us for over 60 years and this shithousery has been going on at Tamworth since time began, they never have been and never will be a 'friendly' club. I understand your points but if it was me I would afford them the same level of hospitality at Keys Park i. e. none. A leopard never changes its spots.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Jan 18 2023 4:13 pm Hi Gra, as you know I've followed us for over 60 years and this shithousery has been going on at Tamworth since time began, they never have been and never will be a 'friendly' club. I understand your points but if it was me I would afford them the same level of hospitality at Keys Park i. e. none. A leopard never changes its spots.
Totally agree - give 'em sweet f-a.
Having read many reports about them from other clubs even sweet f-a is more than they deserve! :evil:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Apart from the segregation with limited facilities I’ve never experienced any problems at Tamworth.
Last season I played them at their own game and bought a ticket in the home section. I supped a nice pint of Guinness in the warm, newly refurbished clubhouse and watched the match surrounded by their fans. Obviously I didn’t wear any Hednesford gear and I didn’t cheer when we scored any of our 3 goals (to be honest I hadn’t even thought of that as we were managed by KMR and I didn’t expect us to score any let alone 3) but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
This time I will be going in the away end, for no other reason than I will have a friend with me who has recently had an accident and is struggling with his walking. The away end will be the closest end to where we will be parked up.
I am sure the users of this particular forum who do go to this game will have no intention of causing any problems and will just go to watch a football match and support their team.
There was a post on Facebook by a Hednesford fan in the Southern Premier Central group after the Nuneaton game (2nd Jan) where the poster in question suggested that Nuneaton fans were a much nicer group than Tamworth fans which, whether meant to or not, incited some Tamworth fans into a reaction. I asked a moderator of this group (a Hednesford fan who I don’t believe uses this forum) to delete the post as it was posted just 3 weeks before we were due to play there. But although my request was considered it has stayed there but that’s the idiocy of too many people who use that platform.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

First ever away day for me here, hopefully it’s a good one!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I went to tamworth many times in the early 90s and there was never an issue. Last season was the first time I'd been back since then and whilst the game was segregated (not a problem) I thought that the pricing was a bit OTT. Although I don't ever use a bar etc at games, it was disappointing to hear that our fans couldn't be accommodated.
Non-league is supposed to be a welcoming environment, but increasingly this is less the case these days. Next season at step4 will probably a different kettle of fish and we will hopefully be welcomed at all away fixtures.
SOme clubs at step 3 are a bit too big for their shoes (not accepting cash on the gate for example) and they need to be mindful that people are less inclined to go to games where they are inconvenienced.
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

Love some of the Facebook comments ..

Basically 'kids' saying they are not going if they can't have beer!

Sums up the youth culture of today - there for the beer not the football!! :shock:

PLEASE POST ANY FURTHER COMMENTS HERE: http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/foru ... php?t=5399
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21