Nuneaton Borough (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Nuneaton Borough (H)

Post by Del »

Monday 02 January 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Nuneaton Borough (H)

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 2 NUNEATON BOROUGH

Official (crows) 738

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times:
Basford 0v2 Coalville
Kings Langley 1v1 Leiston
Royston 3v2 Bedford
Needham Market 3v0 Hitchin
Tamworth 3v0 Alvechurch
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 2v1 St. Ives
Barwell 1v2 Rushall
Hednesford 1v2 Nuneaton
Mickleover 1v1 Ilkeston
Redditch 0v3 Stourbridge
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

so 11 wins required out of 18 games tough call
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Hednesford87

Post by Hednesford87 »

Have to say I thought we was unlucky not to get something from the game . Can’t fault the effort against a top team in this league but unfortunately the goalkeeper cost us that game , a goalkeeper needs sorting if we are to have any chance this season , have to say officials were dreadful to . Let’s back Danny for next season now and hopefully better times at keys park can return .
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

It was good to get back to KP after a prolonged, enforced absence. I thought we played to our limits today - plenty of effort , but the harsh reality is that if you don't possess physicality, speed, a team of big dominant players and directness then the only way you will succeed is to have a great amount of skill.

Sadly, we aren't big, fast, physical nor do we possess quality footballers that will overcome the likes of Nuneaton. Nuneaton were very average, but their two goals came about from our inability to deal with a physical presence in our box and failing to deal with a runner getting in behind us to win the penalty.

All very depressing to be honest and I'm afraid Parker had one of his more ineffectual games. He has an unfortunate habit of receiving the ball in promising situations then slowing the game down allowing the opponent to get bodies back. He is not alone.

Not sure where Thorley, Hartley, Livingstone and Lowe were, but their replacements were carbon copies and didn't really threaten the opposition. We have too many holding midfielders at the club and zero creativity and physical presence.

Glover was my MoM - scored a goal and also showed that his brain is working well, but team mates weren't on his wavelength at times.

The rest of the season is now mapped out for us, but it was good to hear fans getting behind the side.

We need to start looking at the squad for next season as we should be really attractive to good quality step 4 players as we seek to get back to step 3.
:scratchhead:
C D S

Post by C D S »

A good response to that terrible Boxing Day performance but ultimately fell short once more. Very similar in tone to many of Burr’s home games where we showed plenty of spirit and effort but lacked quality when it mattered.

We surprised many, including Nuneaton I suspect, with a really hard working and committed first half display. We worked the ball well through midfield, with Payne a willing runner down the left and always available. Fair play to Danny for popping up with the opener to show he’s lost none of that poacher’s instinct. We still lived a little dangerously at the back though and were thankful for some woeful finishing from Nunny after some slack passing out from defence

You worried about Nuneaton’s reaction in the second half, as seen against other top sides like Tamworth and Coalville who came out much stronger after the break. Poor Clayton at fault for both of their goals, losing the flight of the ball for the opener and then bringing Richards down for the penalty. A shame for him, as he was in possession of the jersey but most likely won’t keep it. Lots of huffing and puffing in the last fifteen minutes as we flung the ball into the box but were denied time and again by some stoic Nuneaton defending and the ball just not dropping our way

Some displays I was quite pleased with; the aforementioned Payne, Glover, McQuilkin and Agustien were all good but I was very impressed by Redfern’s overall display - he kept it simple on the deck and put his head in where required. His best performance for us. Unfortunately, a couple of very, very poor displays from two of our more experienced attacking players, both of whom were guilty of some baffling over-indulgent play throughout. The frustrated Heath Hayes terrace let one of them know what they thought about it all in no uncertain terms after one over-hit pass too many in the second half

Nuneaton were what you expected with the experience in the ranks. Physically powerful and gleefully accepting of the gifts handed to them in the second half. As soon as they got their noses in front, we saw them do everything in their power to stop our momentum with some classic gamesmanship. Like Tamworth and Coalville, the template for a top step three side.

There’s no point even debating the possibility of safety now, we are simply too far adrift and offering no evidence that we can turn the corner in the last four months. It would be nice for us to at least look to make improvements in our home form in what remains of the season and give the loyal fans something to cheer if nothing else.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Jan 02 2023 6:19 pm

We need to start looking at the squad for next season as we should be really attractive to good quality step 4 players as we seek to get back to step 3.
In my opinion we are not going to be able to look at a squad for next season until this season has finished as it depends what league we will be placed in, NPL 1 West or NPL 1 Midlands.
If it was to be West I think DG may be astute in tapping into players from his home town area, Stoke and North Staffs as they will be better geographically based. Rob Smith did this to great effect when signing a fair amount of Manchester/Liverpool/Cheshire based players when we won promotion from the NPL.
Don't think it's going to be that easy to start planning this early.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

By the by ... it's interesting (or not) to note that the Southern League Facebook page has had the HTFC topic discussion locked by a female moderator supporter of this Club, one can only assume for comments posted which appear to have been deleted.
Whether these are from our own supporters or from opposition supporters is unclear ...

.. but it says a lot when all the comments on here are honest, sensible and rational by genuine, mature supporters of the Club

Just saying! :-D

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Thanks Dan as always. Very frustrating...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34