Rushall Olympic (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Rushall Olympic (A)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Monday 26 December - kick-off time: 15:00
Venue: Dales Lane, Rushall, Walsall WS4 1LJ
Link to opponents official website: https://www.rofc.co.uk/

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Rushall Olympic (A)

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

O-Yay, o-yay, O-Yay
Relly looking forward to Boxing day.
My bell will be out and ringing for the season greetings
Mr Lee will you be there ?
if so I will bring a spare shiny bell for you to ring
O-yay, O-Yay.

happy christmas everyone ... ding-dong
dig a-ling
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

Good Luck Danny et al for today lets hope he gets off to a good start. #UTP
Del

Post by Del »

Live commentary today :clap:

https://pitmen-radio.mixlr.com/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

RUSHALL OLYMPIC 3 - 0 PITMEN

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

A shame the commentary is very intermittent today, DaveC says it is the 4G. They need a network booster mast at the ground, companies will pay the Club for the privilege. Terry Brumpton should know that :mrgreen: ! Sadly DaveC is commentating and nobody can hear him.

Full Times

Alvechurch 3v3 Redditch
Hitchin 2v4 Kings Langley
Leiston 2v1 Needham Market(red card)
St. Ives 0v2 Royston
Stourbridge 1v1 Bromsgrove
Bedford 6v1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Ilkeston 1v1 Basford
Nuneaton 4v2 Mickleover
Rushall 3v0 Hednesford
Stratford 0v4 Tamworth

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

cheap option will cost more in the long run especially next season when they have to drop the gate prices
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

It's been over 4 months since I've been able to get to a Hednesford game, but having been declared able to drive I found myself slightly dreading the prospect rather than being excited by it this morning.
My fears were fully justified as a thoroughly insipid performance saw us well beaten by the home side.
From the off we looked like an outfit devoid of self-belief as we sat deep and invited Rushall onto us which meant that our front two were completely isolated and expected to win headers against defenders a few inches taller as long balls were pumped occasionally by the over worked defence.
It was hard to see who was the deepest of our midfielders as Thorley and Parker seemed intent on playing on top off their own defence.
The plan worked for a while, but after Bennett mis-controlled a loose ball Landell was able to slot home and then we would see if we had a Plan B.
The two glimpses of promise came from Livingstone who flashed a cross in expertly for Payne to smack a header against the bar when it was still nil nil, and the other when he won us a corner. Other than that we showed nothing in the first half and once Lowe was outjumped at the back post for the second it was game over.
The second half was scrappy, but we were never in it and the third came as a succession of Rushall players were left unmarked in our box.
The pathetically small Rushall support took great delight in reminding us of the fate awaiting us once the end of April comes around. One thing is true is that the home support were well outnumbered by Hednesford fans who once again travelled in good numbers, but I don't believe many of them would have turned up expecting anything other than a heavy defeat today and that is perhaps the saddest thing about today.

From my perspective it is good to be back watching us and we will see what happens next week when Nunny visit. I see Mr Benbow warmed up in style today in anticipation of the fixture.

The team looks jaded, lacking in confidence and probably can't wait for the season to end. It's a bit of a mess to say the least, but I think some of those playing today are simply past it - they know who they are.
:scratchhead:
C D S

Post by C D S »

A tough watch, akin to many of our poor displays under Burr. No shape to the team from the off, individual errors littered all over the pitch and got what we deserved - nothing.

Battled well in the first half hour but offered the square route of sod all in the final third of the pitch. Typically, Landell pops up again to remind us what a terrible error of judgement KMR made in letting him go and the rot just set in from there on in. Ridiculous number of aimless balls forwards to no-one in particular that were bread and butter for the big Rushall centre-backs. You’ve got no chance of Lita and Payne winning anything in the air against them, particularly as the punts forward they are chasing are aimless and rushed.

Very little to get excited about in the second half either, other than a couple of crosses from the right that failed to find anyone in sky blue. Horribly short of ideas in the final third throughout and frankly we never looked like scoring all afternoon long. Don’t think you can play Thorley and Parker in the same team, far too similar a player and made the same moves around the park which left some gaping holes in midfield. I also lost count of the number of simple five/ten yard passes that were misplaced by our players today, particularly in the second half. When you can’t even do the basics right, you know you’re in trouble.

Very slim pickings for man of the match I’m afraid; I thought Clayton did nothing wrong on his debut and made a couple of good saves in the second half. Several players out there going through the motions today - almost like they know that their futures at the club are up for debate.

An easy win for Rushall, who once again proved that a settled side and management team pays dividends. There’s an impressive togetherness and spirit around the club, on and off the pitch, that we just can’t compete with. Johnny Allen loves the banter with the Hednesford supporters every time we go there and always seems grateful for our attendance.

On a related subject, I spoke to several disgruntled supporters during the afternoon, some of whom are becoming increasingly unhappy at the lack of engagement from the club; topics that were raised included a lack of information on current player whereabouts (Morley, Hirst, Nabi, Davies, Clements all mentioned) the official website not being updated regularly as well as the lack of Twitter engagement in recent months. Maybe a meet the manager/chairman should be in order to iron some of these growing grievances out and put a plan together going forwards?

I remain hopeful of a miracle but that’s all it is really. Most fans have resigned themselves to relegation and today will have done little to change anyone’s mind. If DG and GH were not fully aware of the problems they inherited before today, they very much will be tonight.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

An abysmal performance, one of the worst of the entire season.
The first half hour we kept Rushall at bay fairly well but offered absolutely nothing in attack apart from the excellent header from Payne which hit the bar. Then Kyle Bennett loses the ball in his own box and we are 1-0 down and there is no way back. Not only does Bennett not do what he is on field for (create chances, score goals) this isn’t the first time a mistake from him in defence had led to us conceding a goal. I know he is a contracted player, but I would let him sit on the bench for the next four months and leave him there. At 2-0 at half time it was game over and although we looked slightly better in the second half with more meaningful possession and the odd half decent attack it all came to nothing. Then came the nail in the coffin at the end with the third goal.
I was disappointed that Redfern and Derricott were both dropped to the bench after their excellent defensive performance together at the back against Redditch, but I accept that Danny and Guy wouldn’t have been at that game. I’d pick either ahead of Lowe, although none of those three players have much of a future at the club with the two young loanees aiming much higher and Lowe soon ready for his slippers. Ison, one of the brighter players of the season, won’t be here either next season as he’ll look to play at NLN level I imagine.
I was disappointed in Tom Thorley today I have to say. Almost every pass he made was sideways, backwards or out of play and I wonder whether he is past his best at this level. Parker and Bennett again provided their usual ineffective performances, Livingstone was poor apart from a couple of decent crosses. Lita seems to have given up or is fed up of getting no service and I thought after a dodgy start Niah Payne got better as the game went on and may be more useful against defences not as organised as the Pics. And yes, following on from CDS’s point, the number of simple short passes that went to the opposition or out of the play was staggering.
MOTM for me is Clayton. He didn’t have much chance with any of the goals and he made some decent saves and some good decisions with coming out and kicking or punching the ball away.
If the owners are expecting or even hoping that Danny and Guy can produce the results to keep us in this league they are on another planet. No manager in the world would keep us in the league with the players we’ve got. And all that means is that now Danny is the chosen one, the owners must stick with him for the rest of the season and most of next season at the very least, and give him the chance of a completely clean slate over the summer in terms of players and a pre-season to see what he can do next season, or it will be another wasted appointment yet again.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I agree that the owners should hold their nerve. We are destined for relegation and this crop of players are, as a collective, a pretty poor bunch on the basis of today.
It will be tough as there are 19 more games to go and we are likely to lose the majority, which means Glover will have to be given a chance to bring us back up next season and , although it is a hard pill to swallow, we should already be looking to assemble a squad capable of winning promotion, I know that people will say that this is defeatist, but we need to win 5 games simply to get to parity with Barwell and then another 6 to have a chance of staying up.
That's 11 out of 19 we have to win so let's not kid ourselves that this is realistically going to happen.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

To add to the list of absent players there was no James McQuilkin or Chay Tilt today either.
I know we can only have five on the bench and we had five today but with two strikers, two defenders and a goalkeeper on the bench you might have thought one or two of those could have been sacrificed to have a midfielder and/or a winger on there to give more options in different positions.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

O-yay just once. Well what a let down that was.
The first game I have been able to get to for ages and we get a result like that. I had high hopes of a good performance with the new management team in place but it was not to be.
We were totally outplayed for the whole game, how we have managed to keep hold of Leroy is a mystery to me, he must be on a good contract with a good wage.

Even worse there was no sign of mr Lee that I could see, though I don't really know what he looks like anyway and I didn't have a bell today so he could not have known me I guess.
maybe next time.
O-yay.
dig a-ling
C D S

Post by C D S »

C D S wrote: Mon Dec 26 2022 6:47 pm a lack of information on current player whereabouts (Morley, Hirst, Nabi, Davies, Clements all mentioned)
Lee K wrote: Mon Dec 26 2022 8:26 pm To add to the list of absent players there was no James McQuilkin or Chay Tilt today either.
I can also add Agustien, Andoh, Broome and Akinwe to this ever-growing list of names. That's a whole eleven players with question marks against their whereabouts; to my knowledge, these are all 'our' players and not loanees that were due to go back to their parent clubs. I assume O'Sullivan is still making his way back to fitness so I haven't included him. Someone also mentioned that they've yet to see Lloyd Ransome at a game since he was appointed goalkeeping coach and I can't say I have either.
Lee K wrote: Mon Dec 26 2022 7:59 pm Ison, one of the brighter players of the season, won’t be here either next season as he’ll look to play at NLN level I imagine.
He's exactly the sort of player Leamington have been signing for donkey's years. Holleran has a nose for a talented step three player so would not be shocked if he has come under their radar, particularly living in Coventry.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Mark

Post by Mark »

I would welcome someone from the club explaining how we have ended up in this position. We really shouldn’t be struggling to win a game in a league where we should be one of the better resourced clubs. Especially if we supposedly have everything in place to reach the football league.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Giving KMR the managers job with no credentials and no experience at level three
they went for the cheap option and now its going to cost them
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

We can cry over spilt milk all we like, but we need to work out how we rectify the situation. It won't happen overnight, but we need stability and a plan.
That is up to the owners, director of football and the manager.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Can I just say any feedback from the owners to supporters is more than welcome on here.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
HaydenDando

Post by HaydenDando »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Dec 27 2022 11:20 am Can I just say any feedback from the owners to supporters is more than welcome on here.
Hi Keith

I have provided some feedback on the main page and spent a few hours doing so.

Regards points on here I can provide some as follows -

1. I won't comment on the performances as of course thats your right to say how you saw it, me personally It wasn't a good performance it wasn't a good result and whilst like anyone watching a game I will have observations it isn't my place to come on here saying so and so should have done this better etc. It wouldn't be very good for me or them.

2. Apologies on the commentary obviously I wasn't listening as I was at the game but I am sure Dave would have done everything he can to get and keep it up and running for you all.

3. Sherrif if you think things are cheap options then you are entitled to do so but I am happy for you to come and see the books and bank because believe me this has not been done on the cheap!

4. If we are going down then the minimum I expect is that we go down fighting, I wouldn't disagree that yesterday we didn't do enough of that. I also won't accept we are down until we are mathematically down as someone said perhaps that puts me on another planet but again thats just the way I am as a person and I dont accept its over until its over. Danny will be the manager of this club next season as well as we made the commitment when he came in that the job was going to be damn difficult this season given where we are in the table so whether he pulls off the 'miracle' or not Danny has been brought in to shape and mould his team and will be given time and resource to do so. It won't happen overnight however and he needs support and buy-in from fans to do so.

5. As I mentioned on the other post on the main page the website is ran by a volunteer and I cannot (nor will i) make demands on how quickly volunteers do something as that would be wrong on so many levels, social media is also done by either Gra, myself or volunteers so again its something we need to look at but we cannot ask more of our volunteers. I will say regarding the players mentioned they are all at the club however either didn't make the squad for the game or are out injured etc, Davies, O'Sullivan for example). We do plan to do a fans forum with Gra and myself soon so we can indeed work out the best way of ironing out the issues and discussing going forward.

6. Lloyd has had some personal issues that have stopped him from attending games at present.

7. I have to ask why should we automatically be assumed that we should be one of the better resourced clubs? Whilst I know our budget and in particularly since the increase it is up there towards the top end of the division it is not an automatic right that the club should have a big budget. Remember with the stadium we have comes bills that have to be paid that arent cheap so just because we have a good sized stadium doesnt automatically make a club well resourced. All that being said we increased the budget by 40% when SB took over, why haven't we won't games? Honestly if I knew that I would be the million dollar man really, some weeks we have been unlucky, some weeks we have failed to take chances some weeks we have been crap its as simple as that really. It bloody hurts that we are where we are especially knowing what we pay comparable to other clubs but we are where we are simply because results haven't been good enough.

8. KMR isn't the manager now Sheriff and most of the squad under him have moved on so no we didn't go for the cheap option.

9. How do we rectify the situation - we have brought Danny in and we dont want to be chopping and changing managers, Danny is young, hungry and will make a fantastic career for himself as a manager. As owners our job is to support him to do this by giving him the resources to do his job and build the side how he wants. As supporters its vital you buy in to what Danny wants to do of course regardless of your feelings about Gra and myself because that support is what Danny needs from you all, whether its trying to survive at step 3 or plotting a course back there from step 4 it is important that the right time, patience and resource is given to Danny to do this.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Thanks Ade it is genuinely appreciated.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣