Redditch United (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Redditch United (A)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Saturday 10 November - kick-off time: 15:00
Venue: The TRICO Stadium, Bromsgrove Road, Redditch, Worcestershire B97 4RN
Link to opponents official website: https://www.rufcofficial.co.uk/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Redditch United (A)

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

thanks for the link put i cant waste 90 minutes of my life on such trivia garbage anyway world cup is on
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

REDDITCH UNITED 1 - 1 PITMEN

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times:
Basford 3v1 Royston
Ilkeston 0v2 Tamworth
Mickleover 2v0 Kings Langley
Nuneaton 2v1 Leiston
Redditch 1v1 Hednesford
St. Ives 1v2 Bromsgrove
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Only four subs, I see. On the face of it that's not a good sign...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote: Sat Dec 10 2022 5:11 pm Only four subs, I see. On the face of it that's not a good sign...
Not just that but those four subs were 1 keeper, 2 left backs and a midfielder who’s had more burgers than me. Absolutely nothing for the management team to bring on to score goals when we need them. I’ll keep going to the home games and the local away games but we’ve got absolutely no hope of staying up.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote: Sat Dec 10 2022 5:16 pm
Glyn wrote: Sat Dec 10 2022 5:11 pm Only four subs, I see. On the face of it that's not a good sign...
Not just that but those four subs were 1 keeper, 2 left backs and a midfielder who’s had more burgers than me. Absolutely nothing for the management team to bring on to score goals when we need them. I’ll keep going to the home games and the local away games but we’ve got absolutely no hope of staying up.
Thanks for that Lee. You may need to change your signature (again..)

:roll: ;)
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
C D S

Post by C D S »

Same old story of the season in ninety minutes. All the possession, plenty of chances but more hopeless game management and drop crucial points late on. I despair at our naivety. Once again we showed no willingness to learn from previous mistakes.

Not much to write home about in the first half as we had the better of the play but did very little with it until McQuilkin’s daisy cutter was fumbled into his own net by the normally-solid Boucher. An absolute howler. Not sure if there will be any footage as I don’t think Dan was there again today.

We controlled play well in the second half and limited Redditch to half chances and several crosses from the left that were never attacked with any real gusto. However, we started to flake in the last ten minutes and it came as little surprise that Hudson headed home at the far post after we switched off at a corner. I’ve no idea why Agustien or perhaps Hartley didn’t come on to give us some fresh legs as we were flagging in defence. For me, a poor decision from the management team to try and stick it out with two young, inexperienced centre-backs being dragged around the park late on

That being said I was mightily impressed by Derricott, who played really well on his debut and would probably give him man of the match over Hewlett, who worked incredibly hard for no reward up front. A couple of ‘meh’ displays from players who should know better today.

Redditch were shot-shy and lacklustre throughout; I’m surprised to see them so high up the table, which to me is another indication of how poor this league is and makes our own position all the more angering. We handled them well for eighty minutes but handed them the momentum in the final minutes through more questionable decisions on the sideline.

Offering any positives in light of another throwaway is tough and getting tougher - at least we are off the foot of the table at long last, which I suppose is one. We played some really nice, crisp football on the 3G pitch today as well - this surface really suits our style of play when we move it around with pace. O’ Sullivan was given a rigorous work-out before the game and may be in contention come the New Year I believe so will be a welcome option up front. That’s also six games I’ve seen us play at Redditch and we still haven’t been beaten there in that time.

That was also one of the coldest afternoons of football I’ve ever witnessed, although not as cold as Nuneaton away last term!
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I have to disagree about Hewlett - plenty of times the ball was played up to him and his first touch was absolutely terrible - don’t know about his second touch because he’d lost the ball but absolutely dreadful performance from him throughout.
I thought Redfern and Derricott were both excellent today and produced performances far above their age and experience. Redditch were really poor and had we had anything up front we could have won easily and then the late goal wouldn’t have mattered. It says something when Brooks, Redfern and Derricott were our best players and they are all on loan. We had nothing on the bench - it’s just dreadful all round.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)