Stratford Town (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Stratford Town (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 03 December 2022 .. kick-off 1230hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Stratford Town (H)

Post by Del »

PITMEN 2 - 0 STRATFORD TOWN

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Official (crows) 359

Full Times
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0v2 Alvechurch
Barwell 3v1 Nuneaton
Basford 0v2 Hitchin
Bromsgrove 0v1 Rushall
Hednesford 2v0 Stratford
Kings Langley 0v1 St. Ives
Mickleover 2v2 Leiston
Redditch 1v4 Ilkeston
Royston 1v1 Coalville
Tamworth 2v2 Bedford
Stourbridge v Needham Market (1500hrs ko)
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

no reports yet ?
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

sheriff wrote: Sat Dec 03 2022 5:26 pm no reports yet ?
Steady on sheriff. Having attended the game I and others do have other things in our life to attend to before we settle down and post a match review :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
C D S

Post by C D S »

sheriff wrote: Sat Dec 03 2022 5:26 pm no reports yet ?
If you were so interested Sheriff, you should have attended the game rather than wait for our two penn'orth ;)

Well done gents - a timely win that gives us a glimmer of hope from our lowly position. Other than a few scares from Stratford set-pieces, we were good value for the three points although we were very wasteful in front of goal and on another day would have been punished by a better side for not taking these chances

A disjointed first twenty minutes - some poor decision-making in the final third with the likes of Bennett and Stanley guilty of some dreadfully off-key balls. Fair play though, we grew into the game and were a real threat, with Ison’s header giving us a deserved lead at the break after a forceful last twenty-five minutes of the half

Absolutely dominant after the break but so, so wasteful in front of goal. Lita is brilliant at what he does but he has a tendency to miss some of the really easy chances. You’ve got to love Stanley; he hasn’t got a clue what he’s going to do most of the time but neither have the defenders, who just can’t second-guess which way he’s going to go. He had Dickinson, McCone and Mace - all seasoned campaigners - running in all sorts of weird and wonderful directions this afternoon. Both brilliant and frustrating in equal measure but it paid off this afternoon for once. So unselfish for the second goal as well when he probably should have pulled the trigger himself

Despite Stanley’s dancing feet, it’s Ison that’s the clear MoTM. An outstanding display from the skipper today - put his boot and head in where and when it mattered and cleared his lines in a no-nonsense fashion. Great to see him leading from the front. A mention for McQuilkin as well, who was industrious without being flashy; a good performance that probably flew under the radar for many today. Also really good to see Brooks pick up a clean sheet, something his recent displays have deserved but not produced. I really, really hope we can keep him beyond January as he brings so much calm and stability to the team.

Stratford were dreadfully poor - one-paced, out of form and lacking ideas. We all know how much of a threat Mikey Taylor can be but we kept him quiet and limited the supply line from the likes of Sammons and the returning Dawes to him well. I can’t help but wonder how long big Gav will have there considering the money the chairman has chucked at things over the last twelve months or so and his lack of patience with previous incumbents

Eight points now separate us from safety - still a yawning gap but back to single figures and with a positive run of form in December we could, at the very least, be off the foot of the table and back into the pack by the time we go to Rushall on Boxing Day. I’d be happy with a point on Tuesday night to keep the points tally ticking over before we go to Redditch next week, somewhere I’ve never seen us lose at.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It was a game we completely dominated and we were unlucky not to have scored more with Stanley hitting the post twice and other chances not being converted.
Stratford were poor as they always seem to be every time I see them. But the biggest difference today for me was how well we kept the ball apart from a short period in the second half when we did start to give it away as easily as we normally do. If you keep possession of the ball the other team can’t score but it wasn’t just tippy tappy sideways and backwards it was keeping the ball, moving their players around, slowly and carefully moving forward and creating chances. It was good to see and I think we played very well.
Ison as usual put in a great performance especially in defence with some excellent tackles and clearances, Redfern and Lowe dealt with what little Stratford had for them and Stanley was his usual mixed bag but of course he did hit the post twice and put the second goal on a plate for Leroy with his pace to beat the defender to the long ball. Luke Rowe went off injured towards the end of the game and he wasn’t walking very well - in fact he was piggy backed back to the changing room and he put in an industrious performance but the MOTM for me was James McQuilkin. Unless I am mistaken this was his first league start in his proper position and he was excellent. He didn’t give the ball away at all and was always there to start the attacks and to get the ball to the attackers. Very simple but it’s what you need. I am still not keen on Livingstone playing left back but he might have to at least for the time being although we lose out a bit on his crossing ability in that position.
All in all it was a good performance and hopefully we can take this into the next few games and start to pile the points up. It might look an uphill task but it isn’t over until the fat lady sings and she hasn’t even had her Christmas dinner yet…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Neil Tooth's reaction to the 2nd goal was priceless. I don't know if anyone caught it on their phone??