Coalville Town (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Coalville Town (A)

Post by Del »

Isuzu FA Trophy - Second Round Proper

Match scheduled for: Saturday 19 November - kick-off time: 15:00
Venue: Mander Cruickshank Solicitors Stadium, Owen St, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3DA
Link to opponents official website: https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/coalvilletown
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Town Crier

Re: Coalville Town (A)

Post by Town Crier »

O-yay, O-yay, O-yay
Can't make this Saturday
Too far anyway
O-yay

Christmas schedule at work will make it very hard for me to get away now :(
Bell may have to sit on the shelf

dig a-ling
Del

Post by Del »

Lee will be gutted - I gather he is dying to have a ring on your bell :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Fri Nov 18 2022 8:50 am Lee will be gutted - I gather he is dying to have a ring on your bell :mrgreen:

:lol:
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Live Match commentary this afternoon

https://pitmen-radio.mixlr.com/events/1711950
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Nov 19 2022 12:48 pm Live Match commentary this afternoon

https://pitmen-radio.mixlr.com/events/1711950
:clap: Brill

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I'll cancel that trip to Wembley then and look forward to trips to Boldmere, Sutton, Chasetown and Hinckley LRFC😪
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

COALVILLE TOWN 2 - 0 PITMEN

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Went along today full of hope and expectation ,it was a lovely sunny autumn afternoon ideal for a good game of football.
We started off brightly with several periods of pressure but alas no goals to show for it which has been a problem for some time now.
They gradually gained control and took the lead when Redfern miss kicked in front of goal to present them with a gift which they duly accepted.
One none down at half time and everything to play for but apart from some spirited efforts we were outplayed and a second was inevitable which came from a close range effort they then went on to gain a penalty which was well saved by Brooks.
It has to be asked why have we started to go down the KMR route of playing Leroy has a lone centre forward their centre backs are strong at the worst of times so what chance a lone player against them.
There is a crying need for a physically stronger centre forward to play along side Leroy.
The final whistle came and we can have no complaints beaten quite simply by a better team.
The question is where do we go from here?
It’s true they are many poorer sides in the league than Coalville but we’ve simply got to start beating them.
Has time ticks by I get more and more concerned about our future at this level and the management team have to start to turn this round and quickly.
Tuesday nights game is of massive significance.
My abiding memory of this game was seeing our owners leave very dejected at the end.
I must admit I’m going the same way myself.
M O M - Brooks tho Ison and Portman ran him close
Hednesford support- About thirty of us but little to shout about.
Entertainment value - we were bright in parts but the better football came from the home side
Officials - fair play they were good.
Next match - Tuesday night at Stourbridge everything crossed.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I thought we started the game on the back foot and grew into the first half as it progressed leading us to having a couple of half chances. Coalville had more of the ball and had a few crosses flash across the box and a few chances. Then we went a goal down through a mistake from Redfern, the kind of mistake that you just knew wasn’t going to happen at the other end.
In the second half we dominated half an hour of possession but couldn’t create much. It all looks really hard work trying to create a good chance when the opposition can seem to do it really easily, and that’s what happened. One run into our half and they scored the second totally against the run of possession. Brooks showed great professionalism to produce a magnificent save from the penalty tipping a well struck shot onto the post when at 90+2 minutes and 0-2 down the game was gone.
Brooks and Ison were the standout players. I was disappointed that Stanley was withdrawn at half time (unless he had a knock) as Bennett was his usual ineffective self when he came on. Our next two games are both winnable and against mid-table teams but how many times have we said that this season?
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

bolt the gates shut off the lights season over
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Mini-Highlights

sheriff

Post by sheriff »

does Burr watch any of these videos, diabolical defending again
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Steve Burr post-match

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Did Steve say we lost 3-0?

I must have missed one when I went for my second half piss….
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun Nov 20 2022 9:30 am Did Steve say we lost 3-0?

I must have missed one when I went for my second half piss….
It should have been if it hadn't been for Brooks save. What a loan that lads turned out to be, wonder what we're gonna do after Christmas when he goes back to County
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

sheriff wrote: Sun Nov 20 2022 9:04 am does Burr watch any of these videos, diabolical defending again
Individual errors are causing us to concede goals and Burr is well aware of that. Difficult to legislate for these , especially when some players in the squad are relatively young.
As Lee has said, the better teams don't tend to make many mistakes
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Two entirely preventable goals, much harder work is needed to stop the ball being played into the box, defenders ambling when they should be pressing and no real effort to block the cross for the first one, the wide man in far too much space for the second.

At the other end you can string as many passes together as you like but if the shot's off target it isn't going to hurt the opposition.

All very sad.
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34