Kings Langley (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Kings Langley (A)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Saturday 12 November - kick-off time: 15:00
Venue: The Orbital Fasteners Stadium, Hempstead Road, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire WD4 8BS
Link to opponents official website: https://www.kingslangleyfc.co.uk/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
bix_the_dog

Re: Kings Langley (A)

Post by bix_the_dog »

"The Orbital Fasteners Stadium" :lol: :lol:

I know these sponsorships are a necessary evil, but some sound... Well...
Del

Post by Del »

Hoping for live commentary today! :happyfan:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
C D S

Post by C D S »

I’m visiting family in London this weekend so have managed to wangle a couple of hours off to watch the boys. Early team news:

www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Enjoy!
Interesting line-up today with Portman and Andoh appearing to be playing at full back
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

KINGS LANGLEY 2 - 1 PITMEN

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times
Hitchin(red card) 2v1 Alvechurch
Barwell(red card) 1v1 Bromsgrove
Basford 2v1 Needham Market
Bedford(red card) 1v3 St. Ives
Coalville 1v1 Stratford(red card)
Kings Langley 2v1 Hednesford
Leiston 2v1 Tamworth
Nuneaton 2v0 Ilkeston
Redditch 2v1 Mickleover
Royston 2v1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Rushall 2v0 Stourbridge

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
hossit

Post by hossit »

Burr OUT
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Sorry, don't agree.
However, I reckon that we are done now and relegation is more than likely
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We can’t make another managerial change, the players that KMR put on contract who Burr can’t get rid of will still be there for the next manager. We’ve got to struggle through and hope we can finish one place above the drop zone - we can do it!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Agree we cant keep changing managers. We have developed the losing habit which is hard to shake, but we should back Burry as he is experienced and knows what is required.
We need 40 points from 25 games to stay up. A massive task, but no point in sacking the manager as the gsmes we are losing are by and large by a single goal. It is fine margins.
hossit

Post by hossit »

if you can't beat a team that were two places above what hope is there were a team of easy beats
the pride in the name Hednesford as gone
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

hossit

Post by hossit »

defending was a disgrace
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Steve Burr and Todd Parker post-match interview - ( apologies for the darkness in the video, due to the fact they turned off all the floodlights, so I had
to use whatever light I could find)

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

No problem Dan, thanks for your work as always.

Burry sounded well depressed….
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

hossit wrote: Sun Nov 13 2022 9:29 am defending was a disgrace
Not quick enough to close the goalscorers down I agree…
C D S

Post by C D S »

I think that’s us probably done. We would need something miraculous to happen if we are to avoid the drop and you just can’t see this group of players or management team having the ability to spark a winning run that would have to span several weeks to give us any chance of staying up now.

Same script playing out again; a pretty ropey first fifteen minutes with a new formation that saw Ison play in defensive midfield. We fell behind to a long range effort before coming back into it well, although Leroy hitting the post was as good as it got in the final third

Once Rowe scored the equaliser, just like last week, you felt that we were going to go on to win the game - only for a combination of wasteful finishing and being caught out again as we chased the win we undoing all the positive work. So, so frustrating!!!!

Same things letting us down again and again; poor decision making at crucial points in the game and more examples of crap game management when a cool head is required. I counted six overhit crosses to no-one in the first half and three in the second that were aimed at no-one in particular. Similarly, some horrendous set-pieces that were either overhit or meagrely underhit. Some of the players today lacked belief and confidence on the ball and gave it away cheaply, particularly in the first half.

The industrious Parker an easy MoTM with Livingstone also doing well on the left. Portman and Andoh were positionally ropey at full-back in the first half but improved in the second. Cuff came on for a poor Stanley and was even poorer, constantly losing possession in good areas around the penalty area. It’s the version of Cuff we all feared we would see when the chips are down.

You could see why Kings Langley were also down in the bottom three. Their ball retention was poor and were absolutely no threat throughout most of the second half until the winner. They must have been lazily caught offside half a dozen times in the second period. But they take the points so you can’t really argue about it as they did enough.

A mention for the ref, who very much liked the sound of his own whistle and wasted a lot of time lecturing players between set-pieces. A proper ‘look at me’ official who made it about him. I’d departed by the time Toothy was red carded so can’t comment on that incident but he was very animated at the non-award of a late penalty

It’s a tough time getting behind the team at the moment as they just don’t show any evidence of learning from previous mistakes. Coalville will be licking their lips at playing us next week as they could pile the misery on with the front four at their disposal.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Cuff has been a major disappointment after what we saw in pre-season. Bennett should never have been given a contract after last season which was an absolutely ridiculous decision by everyone involved. Other contracted players not performing well enough. Burr probably inherited 6 or 7 contracted players who he can’t get rid of and most of them aren’t pulling their weight and this is where the biggest problem is.
hossit

Post by hossit »

what were these doing certainly wasn't defending
when the new owners took over I was expecting to be in the Northern Premier by now but we are heading in the other direction
there will be a lot of damage to the club if we get relegated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

hossit wrote: Sun Nov 13 2022 1:17 pm what were these doing certainly wasn't defending
when the new owners took over I was expecting to be in the Northern Premier by now but we are heading in the other direction
Well that’s not the owners fault, is it? It’s not their fault that Hednesford is located where it is. The Northern Premier is the same level that we are currently at so I don’t understand your point…
Last season was the owners’ first full season at this level. Did you really expect to be promoted in their first season?!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

hossit wrote: Sun Nov 13 2022 1:17 pm what were these doing certainly wasn't defending
But we're already in the equivalent to the Northern Premier
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Nov 13 2022 1:53 pm
But we're already in the equivalent to the Northern Premier
That’s what I said….