Stourbridge (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Stourbridge (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 29 October 2022 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Stourbridge (H)

Post by PitmanKeith »

The last time we won the FA Trophy we got relegated, just saying🤣🤣

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2 ... all_League

Although it was on a technicality having missed the 13th place cut off for the newly formed Conference North.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Oct 27 2022 9:57 am The last time we won the FA Trophy we got relegated, just saying🤣🤣

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2 ... all_League

Although it was on a technicality having missed the 13th place cut off for the newly formed Conference North.
So what would you rather have? Defeat against Stourbridge and a 17th placed finish or relegation and a trip to WEMBLEY…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Doesn't matter to me mate, if we win the Trophy brilliant. If we get relegated it's what's meant to be and we will bounce back.
It was just a bit of fun observation.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Oct 27 2022 11:23 am Doesn't matter to me mate, if we win the Trophy brilliant. If we get relegated it's what's meant to be and we will bounce back.
I’d rather go to Wembley in May and Hinckley LR next season :-)
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Lee K wrote: Thu Oct 27 2022 11:26 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Oct 27 2022 11:23 am Doesn't matter to me mate, if we win the Trophy brilliant. If we get relegated it's what's meant to be and we will bounce back.
I’d rather go to Wembley in May and Hinckley LR next season :-)
Not me if we ever go down we’ll never come back
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 4 - 2 STOURBRIDGE

Official (crows) 504
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Always good to get a win over Stourbridge and take some money from them. They’d have only spent it on another new player anyway and not that health and safety risk of a stadium they play in.
I was unable to be there today as I was watching a truly dreadful and utterly disgusting 0-0 draw between League One sides Cheltenham Town and Milton Keynes Dons.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I’d like Kiddy or Telford away in the next round :-)
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Steve Burr post-match

C D S

Post by C D S »

A cracking ninety minutes of entertainment and a richly deserved win for the boys.

Straight at it from the off which was great to see, with the ball pumped up to Leroy to race onto and finish in typical Leroy fashion. I don’t know if Hartley’s goal was a cross that got lucky or was a meaningful shot, but 2-0 was no less than we deserved at the break as we had been combative, direct and kept the back door shut relatively well. That being said, the last two games had seen us in the same position so no one inside KP was exactly taking it for granted going into the second half

However, it looks like Yogi finally managed to find a half-time talk that struck the right tone as we continued to dominate proceedings after the break, with young Stanley coming into his own with two well-taken goals to put us in what we hoped and assumed would be an unassailable position.

Substitutions and tactical changes on both sides saw Stour come back into the game and two goals had much of KP worried about another late collapse after the previous week’s results. However, we showed excellent resilience in the face of some roughhouse tactics from Stour to see us over the line

The three at the back seems to be the way to go for me as our best performances under Steve and Toothy have been with three centre-halves. I can see why Bailey was dropped to accommodate this as he’s never really been comfortable in a three, with two younger, quicker players in Redfern and Ison included either side of Lowe to add the legs and cover the ground well

Stanley will rightly get the plaudits for two goals and an interesting performance. He’s more mercurial and unpredictable than even Cuff is at times; I don’t think even he knows what he’s expecting to do sometimes. It certainly unnerved Stourbridge as he was a constant menace with his dancing boots. I have to mention Luke Rowe’s display, which was absolutely superb. He stuck to the task brilliantly, putting his foot in where needed and popping up all over the pitch. Ison again looked far more confident at centre-back, whilst Hartley and Parker also impressed. A good, all-round display from the side.

My second viewing of Stourbridge this term and again I’m left unimpressed. Lots of old men perhaps compensating for their fading talents by resorting to s***house tactics and chasing the referee around the pitch. This was personified none more than Mr. Styche, who offered very little to proceedings other than to take the game into his own hands at every opportunity by berating the referee constantly. Lee Vaughan can also be a spiteful little player at times, slyly leaving the boot in when he could and always wanting the last word in a challenge. It’s been said before but it’s a very expensive collection of bang-average footballers, many of whom are past their peak years.

The key now is to roll this into next Saturday’s league game; it’s all well and good winning in the cup competitions but this has to translate to league form now. Rushden and Barwell have picked up points again today so the league table isn’t pretty viewing.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

hossit

Post by hossit »

happy birthday Dan
Del

Post by Del »

Happy Birthday Dan

I hope the Chairman/Director bought you a beer or two yesterday as part of your celebrations! :drink:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Happy birthday Dan (cheers)
:scratchhead:
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights