Basford United (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Basford United (A)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 11 October - kick-off time: 19:45
Venue: Greenwich Avenue, Basford, Nottingham NG6 0LD
Link to opponents official website: https://www.basfordunited.com
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Town Crier

Re: Basford United (A)

Post by Town Crier »

O-Yay, O-Yay, O-Yay
Basford away
Near to me so will take my bell
O-Yay.

may catch up with you mr Lee?
dig a-ling
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

All being well I will be there Town Crier oh yay oh yay :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Tue Oct 11 2022 10:12 am All being well I will be there Town Crier oh yay oh yay :-)
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

Such a shame we have to rely solely on Radio Dave Chamberlain for both commentary and Twitter updates, and obviously he can't make every away game for various reasons.
Rather seems that if you can't get to away games then it's a 'you don't matter to us' attitude by the Club.

Surely there are others who go to away games who could provide some sort of coverage? :think:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Del wrote: Tue Oct 11 2022 8:00 pm Such a shame we have to rely solely on Radio Dave Chamberlain for both commentary and Twitter updates, and obviously he can't make every away game for various reasons.
Rather seems that if you can't get to away games then it's a 'you don't matter to us' attitude by the Club.

Surely there are others who go to away games who could provide some sort of coverage? :think:
Until 2.30pm I was expecting to go but that is the nature of my job at times. More volunteers for Twitter and Radio would be very welcome.
Del

Post by Del »

BASFORD UNITED 1 - 0 PITMEN

Official (crows) 254

Full Times:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 2v1 Nuneaton
Basford 1v0 Hednesford
Bromsgrove 0v1 Tamworth
Coalville(red card) 2v2 Redditch
Royston 1v0 Kings Langley
Rushall 2v0 Ilkeston(2xred card)

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Just got back in I’m tired and fed up so I’ll make this brief.
We were always in the game and matched them in every sense but alas goals win matches and we didn’t score least not in the opponents net.
Sadly their goal came of the shin of Lowe how unlucky can you get but the truth is for all our efforts we couldn’t put the ball away.
Leroy had one on ones has did Cuff but we couldn’t get it past their keeper.
Then to add insult to injury we appeared to have scored with the last kick of the match with the ball apparently crossing the line before it was cleared but the officials didn’t want to know.
Gutted for the players they gave it their all and deserved better however if we can carry this kind of form forward I’m sure it will come right for us and we will escape the drop.
Man of the match- there were many deserving but I give it to Ison for his wholehearted display
Entertainment value- not much happened first half defences on top but better second seven out ten
Officials- not impressed some odd decisions given five out of ten
Supporters - About twenty of us who tried to get behind the team seven
Management- possibly Nesbit could have come on earlier otherwise good support and encouragement from bench -
eight
Next match away at Hitchen I can see three points coming our way.
No highlights Dan unable to make it.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I agree with Jackie’s review and the only thing I would say about Nesbitt not coming on sooner is that we were playing well enough as it was at the time. Livingstone was much more of a threat than the disappointing Cuff last night and when Nesbitt was brought on for Portman and Livingstone was moved back to left back I actually felt we lost our best chance of scoring. We dominated the second half but we were guilty of overplaying and trying to walk the ball through them at times. We were solid at the back and reduced them to only a few chances, we definitely deserved at least a draw but things were going against us including that sickener at the end. I had already made my way towards the gates so I couldn’t see what had happened down the other end when our players were appealing for something but as you say Jackie the officials didn’t give anything.
Ison was also my man of the match too with an excellent display both defensively and in attack down the right hand side. Of course it is disappointing that we lost and are back at the bottom of the table but things are looking better than they were under KMR (I see his “promising” two game unbeaten run shuddered to a halt by a rampant Tividale last night :-)) and I am sure we will be climbing the table soon.
I have been to all seven away games this season but my run will also come to a shuddering halt as I will be at Alton Towers on Saturday and not Hitchin, although with Alton Towers having extended opening times due to Scarefest (10am-9pm) I am considering slipping out for a couple of hours for a 3pm kick off with Leek v Hanley (22 minutes away) being my likely destination.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

One thing I can’t fathom is why we started with two up front against Rushden and won 5-0 yet we’ve gone back to playing one up front again since. Even on Saturday things only changed when we went two up front. Just start the games with Nesbitt and Lita.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Wed Oct 12 2022 8:42 am One thing I can’t fathom is why we started with two up front against Rushden and won 5-0 yet we’ve gone back to playing one up front again since. Even on Saturday things only changed when we went two up front. Just start the games with Nesbitt and Lita.
:clap: :clap:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Playing well and losing doesn't cut it with me especially with position we are in
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Thu Oct 13 2022 10:15 am Playing well and losing doesn't cut it with me especially with position we are in
When did you go to a game last mate?
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

One game last year against Redditch
League position speaks volumes
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Thu Oct 13 2022 3:23 pm One game last year against Redditch
League position speaks volumes
It speaks volumes of the previous managerial incumbents, this won't be turned round in a couple of games so don't expect it to be. You are not going to find two more experienced managers than Yogi and Toothy at this level and above and I fully expect them to take us to a safe place this season, then they can kick on next season with their own set of players.