Bromsgrove (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Bromsgrove (H)

Post by Del »

Tuesday 26 September 2022 .. kick-off 1945hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Bromsgrove (H)

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote: Mon Sep 26 2022 12:13 pm
(yellowcard) - repetition!!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 2 - 3 BROMSGROVE

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 0v7 Coalville
Basford 2v1 Stourbridge
Hednesford(red cardx2) 2v3 Bromsgrove
Ilkeston 2v1 Stratford
Leiston 3v0 Bedford(red card)
Mickleover 2v3 Tamworth
Nuneaton 3v1 Alvechurch
Royston 2v4 Barwell(red card)

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Let’s get straight to the point that’s two consecutive three two defeats and we can’t complain.
Truth is two and half seasons of failing to develop a group of players has come home to roost and no one including Steve Burr can sort that kind of mismanagement out in five minutes.
Today’s match only served to highlight the fact some quick fix is not on,turning this around is going to take some time.
What we currently have is a defensive group of players who are slow almost lethargic,a midfield group lacking any sort of physical presence and is short on pace and the forward group which has it happens is the only part of the team that is functioning has it should.
Tonight has on Saturday we took the lead with a well taken Lita goal against the run of play it has to be said.
It wasn’t long before they got the equaliser following Bailey error and slow covering.
Reaching half time there was at least some hope that we might press on in the second half but following some very poor defending on our right they scored from a narrow angle.
At least we showed some spirit by coming back with an excellent Cuff goal from close in.
But no one was confident we could build on this has they were sharper and quicker on the ball than us and tended to steam roller our lightweight midfield and in one of their many attacks we again were found wanting in defence and they scored easily.
We did have a go in the last few minutes,Lita putting a header wide when it seemed easier to score and Nesbitt having a good effort well saved by their keeper.
There were several goal mouth efforts but all to no avail.
Whilst this was going on Bennett and Birch got sent off for late tackles these looked questionable decisions but I was on the far side and could not see them clearly.
So another three two defeat and frankly we seriously need to shore up the defence which is the weakest we’ve had for a long time.
They were definitely better than us and deserved the win and we need to strengthen quickly if we are to avoid being cast adrift at the bottom.
Man of the match- Cuff a constant threat all game.
Officials- 5/10 some mystifying decisions leading to some nasty scenes at the end. not a patch on Saturday’s three.
Entertainment value - 8/10 has with Saturday’s match most neutrals would have enjoyed it.
Management - 8/10 not afraid to ring the changes when required but squad not strong enough.
Supporters - 7/10 Getting fed up with the sorry state of the club but sticking with team

Next match home Saturday against fellow strugglers Rushden desperately need some more defensive signings before then.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
C D S

Post by C D S »

A worrying situation. Whilst we looked a far more dangerous outfit going forwards, our confidence looks shot at the back and on current form that will get us relegated.

I get that Yogi and Toothy are working what they’ve inherited, but a young loan keeper with two immobile centre-backs and two centre-backs moonlighting as full-backs is a recipe for disaster. Portman and Ison simply aren’t capable or comfortable playing the full-back roles - they were easily picked off by Sporting throughout and made to pay for not having the positional sense to play there. Sporting exploited this again and again, particularly in the first half when the likes of Pais and Sweeney made unchallenged runs in behind the full-backs. Square pegs, round holes.

I’ve kind of had enough of Bennett. I’ve defended him at times but he’s a luxury we can’t justify, both financially and tactically. He simply doesn’t fit our system and has never adapted his game to the hustle and bustle of step three. If there’s any way to move him on I would as this red card should be the final straw. He drifts through games without influencing them in the slightest, to the point that you forget he’s out there. I’d rather play Clements further forwards in that creative role or play a second striker

Cuff the easy pick for MotM, a constant threat and took his goal well. Without him and Lita, we would be absolutely screwed. Brooks made some important saves in the first half so have to give him a bit of credit

Sporting were yet another big, strong outfit who did the basics well, although they were very wasteful in front of goal; Pais was excellent and the big difference maker.

Dreadful refereeing throughout - booking players for no reason, not booking players when he had good reason. Awful performance. I’ll await Dan’s video on the Birch red card as it looked a yellow at best.

Saturday becomes an absolute must-win - no excuses. We are already struggling to keep touch and will be left completely adrift if we make it eight defeats in a row. We also have the lowest points total of anyone at step three. Big decisions to make in the next few weeks on a large chunk of the squad. Not quite panic stations yet, but getting close to it.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Thanks for the reviews guys. Saturday is make or break. Lose that and we will need to pick up around 1.5 points per game to survive. That is top 10 form.
:scratchhead:
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Yes, it was tough to watch last night and showed us what an uphill task Steve and Neil have to turn rhus around. I have no doubt that they will. We need to get behind them on Saturday and the lads. We must come together as a club both on and off the field and get this first win under our belts. So let's hear the shouting fir the Pitmen in Saturday UTP
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Caroljohnson wrote: Wed Sep 28 2022 8:40 am Yes, it was tough to watch last night and showed us what an uphill task Steve and Neil have to turn rhus around. I have no doubt that they will. We need to get behind them on Saturday and the lads. We must come together as a club both on and off the field and get this first win under our belts. So let's hear the shouting fir the Pitmen in Saturday UTP
Well said Carol
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I trust Steve and Toothy to get it right. What we are seeing at the moment is two years of mismanagement by a management team who hadn't got a clue what they were doing and succeeded in keeping that a secret from the people that mattered.
Graham and Ade have made a bold and correct decision in appointing Steve and Neil and hopefully backing them with the tools they need, once
we have the confidence of a first win under our belts I'm positive we will be ok.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Toothy post-match interview

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Thanks for the highlights Dan, as always.

Best I don't comment on our defending or the ref's performance...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Sep 28 2022 9:56 am I trust Steve and Toothy to get it right. What we are seeing at the moment is two years of mismanagement by a management team who hadn't got a clue what they were doing and succeeded in keeping that a secret from the people that mattered.
Graham and Ade have made a bold and correct decision in appointing Steve and Neil and hopefully backing them with the tools they need, once
we have the confidence of a first win under our belts I'm positive we will be ok.
I’m with you all the way Keith

Frederick Rinder
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

TMVP wrote: Wed Sep 28 2022 11:00 am Highlights

I thought the two bookings for Bennett were fair enough but The Birch sending off was only a booking.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I agree with you on the cards Jackie.

The mess that KMR left will be with us for a while as Toothy said in his interview (players passing the ball sideways and backwards instead of forward). Things will get better but it will take time. The only objective for this season for me is to finish one place above the relegation zone.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Wed Sep 28 2022 7:38 pm I agree with you on the cards Jackie.

The mess that KMR left will be with us for a while as Toothy said in his interview (players passing the ball sideways and backwards instead of forward). Things will get better but it will take time. The only objective for this season for me is to finish one place above the relegation zone.
Agreed
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣