Alvechurch (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Alvechurch (A)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 13 September - kick-off time: 19:45
Venue: Lye Meadow, 53 Redditch Road, Alvechurch B48 7RS
Link to opponents official website: https://www.alvechurchfc.club/

League table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Alvechurch (A)

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

ALVECHURCH 1 - 0 PITMEN

League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Full Times
Alvechurch(red card) 1v0 Hednesford
Bedford 3v0 Hitchin
Bromsgrove 0v1 Redditch
Coalville 1v4 Ilkeston
Needham Market 5v0 Royston
Rushall 0v3 Mickleover
St. Ives 1v2 Leiston
Stratford 2v0 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Tamworth 2v1 Basford

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
njp

Post by njp »

Played well first half. We could have been 2 or 3 up with cuff getting past the fullback every time and putting some good balls in to Riley and Lita who just lacked that clinical edge to put us up every time. We were unlucky to go 1-0 down as it came against the run of play and second half we came out looking fairly deflated and did not really pose a threat to their keeper.
:lol:
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Left Cannock at 6.15 and rolled up at Alvechurch at 7 after a good journey.
I was hoping my good fortune would carry on into the game and for a long time in the first half it seemed it would has we had a good share of the play and created a number of good chances but has half time approached my luck ran out has they scored with a close range shot which appeared to be deflected past our keeper.
We huffed and puffed in the second half but we couldn’t knock their house down even tho they went down to ten men following a high tackle on Portman.Its a difficult ground to play on sloping in just about every direction and it’s relatively small and enclosed with just 175 there tonight
In summary they were stronger than us in midfield moving forward with pace and accuracy of pass alas we couldn’t match them.
If we’d have played for a month of Sunday’s we would never have scored.

Man of match- I’ll give it to Cuff always strong and threatening
Officials-There were some very odd decisions not impressed 6/10
Entertainment value-It was an intriguing game and one not to take your eyes off even for one minute but the highlight of the night was when one of their players put the ball out of play with a ferocious strike,problem was Lee Kempson got in the way and his plastic pint glass of beer was flattened with the contents going all over Lee and his buddies ,best laugh in years 9/10
Supporters - 6/10 not many of us but we did give the team plenty of encouragement.
Manager- 8/10 gave every encouragement from the touch line and sensible subs.
Next match a real toughie at Coalville we can take heart from today and we will start winning games shortly.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Agree with all comments, we looked decent in the first half and as previous posters have said could have scored at least two goals. When you see Ben Bailey’s scorcher of a shot smack the bar, hit the keeper and then drop wide of the post we should have known it wasn’t going to be our day. Yes their goal was deflected but I’m sure we had a number of chances to clear the ball and didn’t do so.
Second half was poor. Passing was poor, final ball was poor and we hardly made their keeper do anything. Red card for Jamie Willets happened right in front of us, definite foul, probably a red under today’s rules but only a yellow for me because I’m an old fashioned believer in getting stuck in. We said at the time that probably would have made no difference to us because we never seem to be able to play against ten men very well.
Thanks for the comments Jackie. You can’t get away with anything these days :-). Only glad it hit me there and not a bit higher up in my face as that would have hurt with how fast it came at me. A pint can be replaced, a nose not so easily :-).
If he doesn’t know it already Steve will know he will need to move some of these players on as they are clearly not good enough for this level. Interesting times ahead.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Thanks for the comments everyone always appreciated when I'm not there.
Burrie will have a busy 10 days sorting out the chaffe and bringing in some quality and hopefully he gets the backing to do this.
Things are going to have to happen quite quickly but I am confident in the Gaffers ability and contacts for him to be able to do it.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Thanks for the comments. I'm unable to attend games for the foreseeable future so they are appreciated.
I expect Steve to make changes to the squad, but he is hamstrung to some extent by contracts that have already been doled out to some players who didn't deserve them. Dealing with that issue may require a financial outlay which won't be helpful.
We will have to move quickly as we already have alot of ground to make up in order to move out of trouble and the next fixture is a tough one.
:scratchhead:
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Steve Burr post-match

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Burr talks a lot of sense which is refreshing
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Sep 14 2022 11:05 am Burr talks a lot of sense which is refreshing
Totally agree👍👍
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

We need a, striker and I think Steve knows that
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

We also need creativity in midfield. Nothibg is created by the central midfielders and that is a huge disappointment
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Thanks for the highlights Dan. Just disappointing that they didn't include the Kempson incident...

;) :twisted:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

As you said in your match review Lee, looks harsh, especially from this side of the field. Ref guessing, as they do, and taking into account the reaction of the "victim" and his team-mates, as they also do (but shouldn't, in either case).
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34