Long Eaton (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Long Eaton (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 03 September 2022 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Long Eaton (H)

Post by Glyn »

Some discussion on Facebook about whether the ground's in Hednesford or Cannock! - and I thought I was pedantic!

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

FULL TIME

HEDNESFORD TOWN 1-3 LONG EATON UTD.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Unfortunately couldn't make it. Absolutely no surprise that we are out of the cup again at the hands of another lower league side.
I have sympathy for all involved with the club, but fear it will get worse before it gets better.
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

disgraceful get rid of the dead wood
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

New floodlights are great!
Del

Post by Del »

Caroljohnson wrote: Sat Sep 03 2022 5:24 pm New floodlights are great!
Great, one positive then.

Day spent otherwise engaged at our Marldon Apple Pie fair - what a total let down to get home and see the scoreline.
KMR leaving was a very positive move, but it would appear a lot more needs to be done - and fast!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
C D S

Post by C D S »

I’m not one for melodrama or over-reaction, but that is one of the lowest points in my thirty-two years of support. I’m afraid that most of the players out there should take a long, hard look at themselves tonight as they were nothing short of an absolute disgrace to this great club today.

Completely taken to the cleaners in the first half by a step four team; so easy for Long Eaton time and again, strolling through our back line and taking full advantage of our lack of effort or desire to keep it tight. I could give you the names of four or five players out there today that looked like they couldn’t be arsed, allowing play to pass them by without wanting to put a tackle in or track back. Wholly unacceptable and I would hope that the new manager will see straight through these players

No better after the break, with us struggling to even make a mark even after they were reduced to ten men. Yet again, a combination of two banks of four in front of us and our own inability to craft chances against it was our downfall. Plenty of impressive block tackles from the visitors late on when we did get any shots away - superb attitude from the Long Eaton players not to let us get a foothold back into the game. I’m grateful to the interim management team for taking on the club at this point so I don’t want to appear critical, on but what on earth were they thinking bringing the kid Mitchell Barnes on and then subbing him back off half an hour later? A staggeringly poor decision that benefited no-one. The poor lad looked so, so far out of his depth it was embarrassing.

Fair play to Lita, who alongside Ison were the only players to escape my wrath on a rotten, rotten afternoon. He worked his socks off for his consolation goal after having no support all afternoon; gawd knows where we would be without him. Long Eaton, like everyone else we have played at KP so far, were big, strong and organised. Do you get the picture gents? That’s all you need to be. That’s the template for competence at this level. We don’t need to go out re-inventing the wheel.

A couple of positives from today:
* good to see Dan the cameraman back
* The new floodlights are indeed great

Big week ahead and a big job for the new man at the helm with several players up for discussion. Today’s performance won’t have painted many of the players in a positive light so many may be readying themselves for a swift exit. I hope that the rumours of Cameron not wanting to play for fear of being cup-tied are just that as if true would be hugely disappointing and shows a real lack of commitment to the club.

Not a happy bunny this evening.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Wasn't there today and so can't comment on the game.
One observation that I do have is that we appear to be being treated as a stepping stone by players. Refusing to play for fear of being cup tied is, in my view grounds for termination of whatever agreement we may have with that player.
The academy is touted to prospective members as a stepping stone to first team football, but we know that is a myth. We've seen Todd Parker turn down a move to Brentford because it wasn't in the interests of his career. Have we reaped the benefit of that decision?
Too many players have an eye on the next move and that is unforgiveable. Ben Bailey, although he left for a while, showed more pride in our shirt than this entire squad. To them we are a pay cheque or a shop window. The experienced lita knows the value of commitment and is always focused.
The culture at the club is largely down to KMR and there is a lot to un-pick and half a squad to swap over
I'm finding it hard to argue a case for us not being relegated.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

My personal thoughts are that if the owners want to do it on the cheap aka the last two years they need to be aware that it will end in relegation this season and we can then regroup and move forward as a club from step 4 as others have done, in fact it may be what this club needs. If they truly wish to stay at this level or aim higher they have to recruit a top quality manager with a top budget.
The choice is theirs but they have to do it with honesty and transparency to the fans. Tell people what they are doing and why.
We can't have another 12 month or two year KMR like era fans will just not hang around.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I was also unable to attend today and I am anxiously looking forward to our next game at home to Tamworth :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

TMVP wrote: Sun Sep 04 2022 8:28 am Highlights

Good to have you back Dan👍
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Absolutely shocking defending and don't forget this against a step 4 side.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Having been to Nuneaton I was really thinking this would be an easy win but having watched the highlights(I didn’t go was at the Villa what a game that was) I didn’t realise that Portman and Ison were central defenders and Hayden left back i can see problem plus midfield lightweight without Wilding in there.
When the new guy moves in it needs a complete sort out with many of them on their bikes.
I’ll be there this coming Saturday I just hope we have some one in place by then.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I’ve said before the wool can’t be pulled over the eyes of most of the people who use this forum (not saying the same about Facebook) as we are all knowledgeable football fans on here. It’s quite clear the budget is either “low” as KMR says or most of it has been spent in keeping 3-4 players. This is absolutely evident because we’ve got nobody on the bench to come and change a game. The squad is paper thin and being propped up with kids.
Rumours are going around that Cameron didn’t play because he didn’t want to be cup tied suggest that he won’t be around for very long if that’s the case.
As others have said we could be in for a relegation battle unless the new man can change a lot of things. It could be that we are going to have to cope with the long term effects of KMR staying too long and the club for keeping him too long.
Del

Post by Del »

Welcome back Dan .. just a shame you had to post highlights of that performance on your return!!

Dire defending is probably a too 'gooder' word - I've seen better performances on our Village green.

Certainly whoever comes in to take over the reins has a massive job on his/her hands - and I just hope the advice given to the owners comes from a very solid source.

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Just seen the highlights - absolutely dreadful defending for those goals. And what was the red card for? If we’re giving red cards for that the game has gone.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

get in a decent manager get shut of half the players get stabilsed for next season
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Thanks for the highlights Dan, good to have you back. Some awful defending and a clear lack of desire. Not sure what Ison was thinking for the third goal.
What a mess
njp

Post by njp »

I’m genuinely glad I couldn’t make it this week given the score and the reviews from you guys! First week in a long time where I’ve not been to watch any games. I feel a bit lost. :lol: After going to Nuneaton I thought all of the lads would put a shift in and kick start a decent cup run with a good result. I said that Long Eaton wouldn’t be push overs however and they play a good style of football and would want revenge after last time and that appears to be the case. I don’t know who we have in mind for the next manager but I really do hope they hit the ground running :think:
:lol:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Thanks for the highlights Dan. I've nothing to add to what others have said except that, of course, the result should be declared null and void as their keeper's shorts and socks matched ours.

How/why do refs allow this to happen?

:roll: :doh: ;)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote: Sun Sep 04 2022 11:44 am Just seen the highlights - absolutely dreadful defending for those goals. And what was the red card for? If we’re giving red cards for that the game has gone.
Agreed mate - he'll surely get that overturned if we make the highlights available to them (or indeed if they just find them here!)

One of many appalling decisions over the weekend!