Nuneaton Borough (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Nuneaton Borough (A)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Monday 29 August - kick-off time: 15:00
Venue: Liberty Way, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV11 6RR
Link to opponents official website: https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc

League table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Nuneaton Borough (A)

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Ah well off to Nuneaton later on I sometimes ask myself why do I keep going but at the moment it’s more out of habit than anything else.
Has we all know the football has been turgid and none more so than the last away trip I went to at Stratford.
If there’s not a villa Park game I normally go to Hednesford Away matches within a seventy / eighty mile radius of Cannock.
New management team thank goodness all be it temporary but they can’t be any worse than what’s gone before.
So has usual I’ll enter the ground full of hope and expectation let’s hope it’s not quickly extinguished.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Yes, Jackie’s excited, I’m excited. Let’s go!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

NUNEATON BOROUGH 2 - 1 PITMEN

League table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/

Official (crows) 891

Full Times:
Alvechurch(red card) 1v3 Tamworth(red card)
Bedford 0v2 Royston
Coalville 0v1 Basford
Hitchin 1v0 Needham Market
Ilkeston 2v3 Mickleover
Leiston 1v2 Kings Langley
Nuneaton 2v1 Hednesford
Rushall 1v1 Barwell
St. Ives 3v1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Stourbridge 0v3 Redditch
Stratford 4v2 Bromsgrove

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

I can tell supporters to stop worrying about our current position in the league.
Today we were a different team to what I’ve been watching over these post covid times.
We played with two midfielders playing just behind Leroy and he plus the other forwards we’re getting the service that’s been so badly lacking.
We were at them from the start and after several goalmouth incidents we took the lead with a lovely short pass from Webb put him Lita thru in the channel and score easily.
At this point we were all over them but a poor back pass from Portman put their forward clean thru on goal and our keeper came and well one could say poleaxed him.
I just waited for the red card to be shown but shock of shocks it was yellow.
We were lucky but from the resultant free kick they scored with a shot from at least twenty five yards our keeper never moved,I was not impressed.
However we came back had plenty of the play but could not find the telling pass.
Half time came and the feeling was we were in with a real chance of winning this game.
Second came and was much the same if the first with us pressing reducing them to breakaways.
Sadly we didn’t get that much needed second goal and just has it looked like being a draw they scored against the run of play.
A ball played inside Portman found Stenson and he blasted a stinging shot passed our keeper from a narrow angle,I was at the other but I did wonder if our keeper might have stopped it.
In the last five or so we pounded their goal looking for a deserved draw,we hit the bar ,put one wide,Ison but a header over and we even scored but it was adjudged to be offside.
Then the final whistle,gutted best performance for years and we lost.
Players were distraught having given their all but this has they say is football.
It was a cracking game and it could easily have been played between the two top teams in the league,it was a credit to both teams.

Mon of the match- it’s been a long time since I’ve had such a big choice but I go for Lita his leading of the line and the managing of the team was top rate.
Entertainment- 9/10 wont see much better than this
Officials- did us a great favour and handled the game well 9/10
Supporters- Not many of us but got behind the team and applauded them of at the end 9/10
So a greatly improved performance and I would seriously consider offering Lita the opportunity to become our manager.
FA cup next week,for the first time for a long while I’m really feeling positive about this and if we can continue with today’s performance we’ll be in the hat for the next round.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It was a much better performance than we’ve seen all season and for most of last season with us finally committing more players forward and the passing of the ball looking quicker and with more purpose.
We did go a goal down, not a goal up as Jackie as suggested but the yellow card given to Gwilliams was shocking. Their striker was clean through on goal with a one-on-one, knocked the ball past the keeper and was then fouled. All he would have had to have done was put the ball into an empty net. Clear goalscoring opportunity, clear red card. And yes, he then went on to allow their free kick into the net without even attempting to save it and it wasn’t in the top corner or bottom corner either it was a good height for a keeper and closer to the middle of the goal than the post.
We weren’t as good in the second half and we let them back into it and eventually they scored but the we deserved a point against a team that had gone top and already we know with evidence that KMR was out of his depth.
MOTM for me was Luke Rowe. I haven’t seen him be effective at all in the games so far but he was excellent today picking up the loose balls in midfield and getting the attacks started. It’s clear as day to see that there is no point having both Rowe and Wilding on the pitch at the same time, they do the same job and we only need one.
Is Ebbutt the only winger you’ve ever seen who doesn’t actually take players on? He’ll pass the ball and he’ll cross the ball but he never runs at players.
Overall, it was much better despite the defeat and should give everyone involved at the club some hope for the coming months when all had seemed lost.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

C D S

Post by C D S »

Result aside, much, much better. More committed with and without the ball, much more direct and created several good chances. A draw would probably have been a fair result but the form book does tend to punish struggling teams and favour the teams doing well

A really good first half; lots of hustle from the lads, playing on the front foot and creating openings. Gwilliams can count himself incredibly lucky to stay on as most in the ground expected him to be sent off after a foul outside the box, before he allowed the resultant free-kick to fly straight past him. Very questionable positioning indeed. Superb from Leroy for the equaliser, a typical Lita goal and no less than we deserved at half-time

A much more stop-start second half which suited us, not allowing Nuneaton to build up a head of steam. A good goal though from Stenson for the winner, but even then we had two or three really good chances to level matters again late on, including a disallowed goal for Bennett and a header off the bar from Ison

Some good displays I’m pleased to say; Cameron, Ison, Portman, Parker and Lita were very good. The only thing I can really be critical about was that we were still trying to walk it into the net at times when the chance was there to shoot; too many extra passes in and around the penalty area. It’s a simple game, don’t overcomplicate it.

Nuneaton were OK in spells but no great shakes - I can’t see where they’ve scored all their goals so far this season as we dealt with them well at the back and limited their chances all afternoon. It was a bit of sickener watching the winner go in as they hadn’t really done a lot with it all through the second half.

I believe there were a couple of potential suitors watching us so we shall see if any casual interest turns into anything firmer in the next few days. I’m happy for Leroy and Martin, plus the guy brought in to assist Chris McCoy, to see us through the F.A. Cup tie on Saturday as looks like they’ve given the players a bit of belief; we play like that against Long Eaton, I think we’ll be fine.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

jackiemaund wrote: Mon Aug 29 2022 11:58 pm
I would seriously consider offering Lita the opportunity to become our manager.
No, no, no, no,no.
We need experience
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Aug 30 2022 9:03 am
jackiemaund wrote: Mon Aug 29 2022 11:58 pm
I would seriously consider offering Lita the opportunity to become our manager.
No, no, no, no,no.
We need experience
There’s no one around with more experience than Leroy Keith and he’ll be well motivated to do well in his first post!

Frederick Rinder