Bedford Town (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Bedford Town (H)

Post by Del »

Saturday 27 August 2022 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Re: Bedford Town (H)

Post by Perton Pitman »

Given that the game at nuneaton on Monday will be extremely tough, this is a game we just have to win. Especially in light of their battering last week.
Lose and we could be bottom of the league this time next week
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

don't build up your hopes
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I don’t know whether anybody of any importance on the playing side reads any of this but please can we ATTACK the opposition tomorrow and at least have a couple of shots on target, preferably with a change in formation as the current one clearly isn’t working. I’m fed up of coming to matches and being bored.
Bedford could be vulnerable after last week’s result and rather than playing like we normally do and letting the opposition settle in can we get at them and take advantage of their vulnerabilities because they must be short on confidence after an 8-1 hammering.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Fri Aug 26 2022 3:54 pm I don’t know whether anybody of any importance on the playing side reads any of this but please can we ATTACK the opposition tomorrow and at least have a couple of shots on target, preferably with a change in formation as the current one clearly isn’t working. I’m fed up of coming to matches and being bored.
Bedford could be vulnerable after last week’s result and rather than playing like we normally do and letting the opposition settle in can we get at them and take advantage of their vulnerabilities because they must be short on confidence after an 8-1 hammering.
Dream on🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It doesn’t look like Joe Cuff is going to be available for forthcoming fixtures:

I wonder if the match preview will be good enough to tell us of his absence. The farce of this season continues…
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Fri Aug 26 2022 5:58 pm It doesn’t look like Joe Cuff is going to be available for forthcoming fixtures:

I wonder if the match preview will be good enough to tell us of his absence. The farce of this season continues…
You sound pi**ed off mate.🙁
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

we play Bedford in this tinpot league and Dorking Wanderers are playing in the conference what has happened to this club ?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

For all sorts of different reasons you have good periods and bad periods mate and most of the time you are somewhere in between.
That's the way of this beautiful game we love.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

If Marc White pulls his money out of Dorking Wanderers that club will end up like Histon - gone from Step 1 of Non-League down to where Histon currently are - Step 5.

Why don’t you put your money where your fingers are sheriff and see where you can take us?
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 2 BEDFORD TOWN

League table:https://www.flashscore.co.uk/standings/ ... awe/#/live

Full Times
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1v1 Ilkeston
Barwell 1v1 Alvechurch
Basford 2v0 Leiston
Bromsgrove 2v1 Hitchin(red card)
Hednesford 1v2 Bedford
Kings Langley 1v1 Stratford
Mickleover(2xred card) 3v2 St. Ives
Needham Market 0v2 Rushall
Redditch 1v2 Nuneaton
Royston 3v3 Stourbridge
Tamworth 1v4 Coalville
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

KMR went into the boardroom after the game singing the following!!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Del wrote: Sat Aug 27 2022 5:06 pm KMR went into the boardroom after the game singing the following!!

Crikey, you weren't kidding :o
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Indeed - this has already been share on the "time for a change" thread, but just to clarify...

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... art-pitmen
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

In all of my close on eighty years of following this club I can honestly say that with the possible exception of one or two periods I have never known this club be in such a mess from top to bottom and today’s match just magnified the current abject state it’s in.
The supporters do try and get behind the team but receive little encouragement from from what has become a hapless management group.
Game after game we play in exactly the same way with the performance and the result the same every time.
One isolated central striker and two wide men one of whom one is a central striker himself and questionable anyway has to whether he’s of the standard required.
With two goals in just five games you’d think the manager would realise that he’s got it wrong,but no we carry on the same way week after week.
It’s more and more obvious that the management team are not good enough ,alas we are stuck with them.
Bedford having lost eight last week we quick out of the blocks and ran all over us it was only a matter of time before they scored.
We did roll our sleeves up for a time and Cuff replied with a stinging shot of about twenty yards.
Were we going to turn the corner now? nope not long after their centre forward with three of our defenders around him hit a rasping close range shot for two one that was that.
We huffed and puffed but are sadly lacking all over the pitch.
The second half was just plain boring with the odd little flurry from both teams but no more goals.
So another defeat and second from bottom .
There were some very poor performances but none more so than our left back who couldn’t cope with their winger.
He was taken off at half time and Webb moved to left back and played very well with Hayden coming on at right back.
Man of the match- Webb did well in both full back positions and tried to overlap has well
Entertainment- 4/10
Manager - 2/10 couldn’t even be bothered to move our centre half to centre forward has the second half progressed until added time,pathetic.
Officials Generally handled the game well. 7/10
Supporters- what is there to say everybody’s just thoroughly fed up with the whole sorry state - 8/10 for turning up more than the team did.
So on to Monday afternoon and Nuneaton Away ,I’d better get the prayer mat out I may even take it with me!
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

about time
C D S

Post by C D S »

Writing this just as the news of the management team’s departure was announced so a quick re-write!

Same again, for the fifth game in succession; languid and uninterested from lots of players, struggling to even find a team-mate at times with simple passes. The ball goes left to right, right to left, back into our half before being punted out of play as no-one shows for the ball in the attacking third. Utter cack. You could see Bedford growing into the game and thinking “these have got no confidence in their ability” so the opening goal came as little surprise. Cuff took his goal well (a shot from range - shocker!) but then we immediately let their number 9 Lewthwaite slot one home.

I felt for young Manton, who was taken to pieces in the first half and hooked at the break; it had been an area that Bedford had looked to exploit early on and they had plenty of joy down the flank. The poor kid isn’t/wasn’t ready for a run in the team based on his shaky pre-season form so I’m afraid that decision is a criticism of the now-outgoing management team. That’s four different left-backs in the first five games so no continuity - I was never Lycett’s biggest fan but letting him go is looking like a hugely short-sighted decision if you don’t have anyone better to play there.

No better after the break; increasingly reliant on set-pieces to create openings yet again as Bedford stood firm. No craft, no movement in midfield and once again little to no service for Leroy. Once again, a solid defensive line that worked well as a unit came out on top against us.

Ison cut a very frustrated figure, particularly in the second half as he made several one-man moves forward in an attempt to get things going. Can’t really offer anyone else as a positive as there were some awful performances out there today. It had definitely felt like the manager had lost the dressing room - sending them back out a full ten minutes before the second half began had absolutely no positive impact on their performance after the break.

Fair play to Bedford for responding to their Tamworth mauling; they went back to basics and just kept it simple. A superb display from Lewthwaite up front, who hassled, harried and chased. Everything we don’t do.

Back to square one then on Monday afternoon. A bit of a free hit after this evening’s news but we could be rock bottom of the league at 4.45pm and facing a tricky cup tie next. Might get worse before it gets better.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I was going to do a match review but with the news of the management team’s departure I don’t really think it’s necessary now.

CDS summed it up perfectly with just two words:

“Utter cack”
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Highlights:

Not seen them yet so no idea of quality of production…