Stourbridge (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Stourbridge (H)

Post by Del »

Tuesday 16 August 2022 .. kick-off 1945hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Town Crier

Re: Stourbridge (H)

Post by Town Crier »

O-Yay ...
can't make it, week nights no good for me
O-Yay .. sorry Lee K
dig a-ling
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

We need to turn a performance more akin to the two against Stourbridge last season.
The league table will take some time to settle down as King's Langley, Barwell and St Ives have all made decent starts.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Aug 16 2022 8:46 am We need to turn a performance more akin to the two against Stourbridge last season.
The league table will take some time to settle down as King's Langley, Barwell and St Ives have all made decent starts.
Maybe they will continue to be decent and make your predictions look silly :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Town Crier wrote: Mon Aug 15 2022 5:59 pm O-Yay ...
can't make it, week nights no good for me
O-Yay .. sorry Lee K
O-no, O-no,
Town Crier’s bell will not glow,
O-no, O-no

:-)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Tue Aug 16 2022 10:42 am
Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Aug 16 2022 8:46 am We need to turn a performance more akin to the two against Stourbridge last season.
Maybe they will continue to be decent and make your predictions look silly :-)
Its a very tight league I reckon, some clubs move forward each season, others move backwards and others stagnate, very difficult to predict.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Doesn't say where McQuilkin ended up!!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Aug 16 2022 3:57 pm Doesn't say where McQuilkin ended up!!
That’s because I wrote it and I don’t know :-)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Tue Aug 16 2022 4:14 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Aug 16 2022 3:57 pm Doesn't say where McQuilkin ended up!!
That’s because I wrote it and I don’t know :-)
Your cover's blown now Lee.🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I wish I knew how suspensions worked. Styche was sent off against Alvechurch and missed the next game, Cuff was sent off against Redditch and missed the next game, Alex Moore was sent off against Tamworth but is allowed to play in the next game.

FULL TIMES
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1v2 Hitchin
Basford 0v4 Nuneaton
Bromsgrove 3v1 Alvechurch
Hednesford 0v0 Stourbridge
Mickleover 2v4 Coalville
Needham Market 4v2 St. Ives
Royston 1v1 Leiston
Tamworth 3v1 Rushall
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I guess at the start of the season we would look at this game and think that taking a point off Stourbridge would be a good result. That said, Stourbridge - despite their big cheque book - looked pretty poor and one dimensional. Their style of play will prove to be relatively effective and we coped well with it. Our centre halves looked solid, Webb played very well after he came on and Portman stood up to the challenge. Our 3 defensive midfielders were effective in shielding the back four. However, that just leaves O'Sullivan - again ineffective, lacking in pace or guile, Lita - who again was working off scraps - and Bennett who was marginally more effective, to carry the fight .

In summary, we just don't look like creating chances, let alone scoring the goals necessary to win games. we created a few half chances, but failed to test Price who had as quiet an evening as any keeper could wish for. We have the chance to create things from set pieces, but our delivery was truly woeful. the whole game was a total borefest and it was only when Styche came on did you sense a shift in momentum with Stourbridge looking threatening for 10 minutes before normal service was resumed and we could nod off again safe in the knowledge that nothing of note was going to happen.

things have to change. We can be solid and hard to break down, but there are some clubs who will decide to go for the jugular and we have to adapt and be a threat ourselves. Once again we were treated to the appalling sight of defending corners with all 11 back in our penalty box.

the games against Stratford and Bedford offer the chance of more points, but we have to be more positive otherwise we could end the month in the relegation zone and that won't do. It appears that we will have to do with this squad, but options to change the game from the bench are limited with the continued absence of Tilt and Landell.
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

After the last home match against Redditch I was rather hoping for something better that would be at least entertaining even if not getting the right result,ah well should have known better.
The first half came and went and frankly there’s little to say because very little happened.
Neither keeper was really tested and virtually no decent football was played in truth Stourbridge were has putrid has us.
The half time chat amongst us supporters centred around what was going on in the club has things have deteriorated so badly.
The Second half for some time was no better than the first but then gradually the game did slightly improve and we actually had some goal mouth action at both ends of the pitch the first really in the entire match.
However it all came to nothing and the game then drifted aimlessly on.
All the usual faults were there to be seen,one isolated player up front ,no one staying up when we are defending free kicks and corners and so on just dreadful.
Booing broke out at the end and calls for changes to be made rang round the ground
Frankly it was turgid for the second week running.
I have seen many games between these two teams and on the whole they’ve been good competitive affairs alas this ranks has possibly the worst I’ve ever seen.
Man of the match-sadly for the second week running nobody
Entertainment value- well it did improve for a time in the second half so four out of ten.
Officials- kept busy by some over physical activity six out of ten
Supporters - very quietuntil venting their feelings at the end I’ll give them nine out of ten for letting the owners know what they think about this mess of a team.
Next match Stratford Away Saturday we can but hope a new manager is in place by then tho some how I doubt it.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

The football is absolutely dreadful to watch. We play with one up front, a striker on the wing, Bennett takes all the corners and free kicks and doesn’t put a good one in all game, we sacrifice a winger in Ebbutt to bring in yet another defensive midfielder and it’s all just very boring. We didn’t have a single shot on target which is unforgivable at home.
Defensively we appear to be sound with Ison and Cameron, Webb was back and needs to start next game. I’m not sure we’ll get the same outlet with Portman as we had with Lycett as Portman’s distribution isn’t great by the looks of it. Maybe when Cuff comes back in things may look a little better but I don’t know how the owners expect people to keep coming back when they have to watch that style of football almost every game. There was no attempt to try and improve it either. We brought on Webb as a straight swap for Hayden at right back and nothing else until injury time. What’s with making a sub two minutes into three minutes of injury time when if he wanted to win the game he’d have done it 10-15 minutes earlier?
I feel like we’re banging our head against a brick wall on these match reviews. Nothing changes, KMR is a stubborn one trick pony but the owners love him and we’re going to be stuck with this dreadful football for some years yet.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I do think we saw glimpses in pre -season of the kind of football KMR wants to play, but those attacking players that drove us on never signed for us and so we are left with what we have.
A lot rests on the shoulders of Cuff and his suspension ends after Saturday. I'm not sure when he is off to Mexico and for how long, but a couple of wins before the end of the month is a must.
Then it us the FA Cup and we know what our record over the last decade is like
C D S

Post by C D S »

Dull, uninspiring fare as per the first two matches. Three games in and I can count on one hand the amount of clear cut chances we’ve had in all three of them. Where’s the urgency? Where’s the pressing? Where is the one and two touch play of pre-season gone?

We played like an away team looking to take a point for the whole ninety minutes; no clue as to how to play through the Stourbridge defence and no ambition to try anything. More square pegs in round holes for last night’s offering, with Bennett the latest victim consigned to the right wing and looking out of his depth as much as O’Sullivan continues to do on the opposite side. Luke Rowe offered the square route of sod all in a more attacking midfield role, once again giving Leroy nothing to work with. Lots of predictable aimless punts forward and passes out of midfield being intercepted.

Stourbridge, as they were last season, were well schooled in the dark arts - sneaky and underhand in their approach with regular petty fouls breaking the game up. They came for the point and were happy with it as they were also lacking in attack, with the exception of the lively Rackeem Reid

Agree with Jackie, no-one stood out last night so no man of the match for me. Also agree that Josh Webb should start on Saturday as Hayden looked way out of his depth against Reid and was lucky not to get sent off. The jungle drums on the terraces say that Tilt has gone so that’s apparently no longer an option down the right.

So disappointing that we’ve fallen back into the trap of last season’s snoozefest of percentage-based football where the primary goal is not to lose, especially after a goal-laden pre-season. If this is the way we’re going to set up again this season then a lot of fans will be finding other things to do with their Saturday afternoons. I was going to go to Stratford but on current form I don’t think I’ll be bothering at the moment.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It is disappointing that we don’t get more information from the club about the availability of players going into matches. Where’s Tilt, Riley and Landell gone? Are they available or not? Are they on holiday? Are they injured? It might help the fans to understand why options are so limited. Even a comment such as the manager has a fully fit and available squad would help. At least then we’d know they are available but just not picked. Cuff’s last game suspended is on Saturday so I expect to see him against Bedford but then I’m reading from other fans about him going to Mexico. Will the club tell us if he’s unavailable for longer than the three suspended matches if that’s the case? No, it’s all so very disappointing.
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

Three games in one goal scored and two conceded. Not the greatest of starts but could be worse…We were bang average last night but so were Stourbridge who on paper have a better side. Defence is solid - just lacking in the creativity department at the moment….we do need a rethink in formation and maybe two up top at home and against the poorer teams away. Still think we are a midfielder and a striker away from challenging the top 6.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Billy kee wrote: Wed Aug 17 2022 8:51 am Three games in one goal scored and two conceded. Not the greatest of starts but could be worse…We were bang average last night but so were Stourbridge who on paper have a better side. Defence is solid - just lacking in the creativity department at the moment….we do need a rethink in formation and maybe two up top at home and against the poorer teams away. Still think we are a midfielder and a striker away from challenging the top 6.
KMR doesn’t do rethinks. He has one way of playing and this is it!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

This game has a serious chance of being Dan’s shortest ever match highlights video. He might get two minutes out of it if he includes the full one minute applause before kick-off :-)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Rumour is there will be no highlights to watch. Agree that team news from the club needs to be much better. We have no idea what is going on
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

I’m not sure Dan was even there he’s probably given up in trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
steve-k

Post by steve-k »

Am I dreamIng or do posts keep appearing and disappearing from the club and supporters farcebook groups today?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

steve-k wrote: Wed Aug 17 2022 11:50 am Am I dreamImg or do posts keep appearing and disappearing from the club and supporters farcebook groups today?
I think its called allowing selective comments🤣

I haven't been able to access the FB page for 10 days now, no idea why, I've emailed Ben Choma and Dave Chamberlain about it but have had no reply to date.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

steve-k wrote: Wed Aug 17 2022 11:50 am Am I dreamIng or do posts keep appearing and disappearing from the club and supporters farcebook groups today?
No, you are not dreaming ... there were posts I saw on both pages last night that were not there this morning!
Also, the fans chat page was shut down last night for an unexplained reason.

Maybe truthful criticism hurts? :think:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21