Mickleover FC (A)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Dave C

Re: Mickleover FC (A)

Post by Dave C »

The report was strange in the NLP, mistakes happen some of which but not all were mine. It is usually the home side who provide the report, but the NLP phoned shortly before ko and asked it I could provide copy. I was doing the Radio, so my son made notes during the game, he is 15 and did an excellent job. What I sent in was heavily edited by the NLP, as always, although they left in a section that I had neglected to delete!
The NLP phoned me again at 10pm as they had misplaced the copy I sent them, it was the last one before they could print, so I sent it again, so they were rushing at their end.

I gave Todd Parker man of the match after a brief discussion with others and am happy with that decision.

So for whatever reason on Saturday, Mickleover couldn't provide a match report, the NLP were rushing, I was multi tasking and my lad did a top job! Not a typical Saturday. The full intended report is on the website.

According to the Redditch report in last week's NLP, our manager is Nicky Eaden. I am not putting my hands up to that one though!

I always seem to have an early season clanger, last year it was Reece Flanagan's exquisite sh*t.
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

And the beer cups were great. The £1 deposit makes sense, as I was wondering if they would just get nicked. It explains why there was a couple of kids minesweeping for empty pots at the end!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Dave C wrote: Mon Aug 15 2022 10:59 am The report was strange in the NLP, mistakes happen some of which but not all were mine. It is usually the home side who provide the report, but the NLP phoned shortly before ko and asked it I could provide copy. I was doing the Radio, so my son made notes during the game, he is 15 and did an excellent job. What I sent in was heavily edited by the NLP, as always, although they left in a section that I had neglected to delete!
The NLP phoned me again at 10pm as they had misplaced the copy I sent them, it was the last one before they could print, so I sent it again, so they were rushing at their end.

I gave Todd Parker man of the match after a brief discussion with others and am happy with that decision.

So for whatever reason on Saturday, Mickleover couldn't provide a match report, the NLP were rushing, I was multi tasking and my lad did a top job! Not a typical Saturday. The full intended report is on the website.

According to the Redditch report in last week's NLP, our manager is Nicky Eaden. I am not putting my hands up to that one though!

I always seem to have an early season clanger, last year it was Reece Flanagan's exquisite sh*t.
Fascinating insight Dave. Sounds like you and the lad did a fine job. Must annoy you though when the NLP edit your reports to say things like Nicky Eaden is our manager and put your name to it! :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Dave C wrote: Mon Aug 15 2022 10:59 am So for whatever reason on Saturday, Mickleover couldn't provide a match report, the NLP were rushing, I was multi tasking and my lad did a top job! Not a typical Saturday. The full intended report is on the website.
Never see any NLP reports but I do listen to your commentaries which are very much appreciated by me Dave. :clap:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21