Halesowen Town v Pitmen ... PSF (for Yeltz!)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Halesowen Town v Pitmen ... PSF (for Yeltz!)

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 09 August - kick-off time: 19:45
Venue: The Grove, Old Hawne Lane, Halesowen, B63 3TB

Admission prices for this game: Adults £5, Concessions £3, U-12 £1
Admission to U-12 is strictly with a paying adult.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Re: Halesowen Town v Pitmen ... PSF (for Yeltz!)

Post by jackiemaund »

After Saturday’s debacle you won’t find me any where near Halesowen on Tuesday night.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

There’s still been no official word from the club about this game on the club’s official website or the club’s preferred method of contact these days which is Facebook and/or Twitter.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Ah, there is now, on all three of those aforementioned platforms. It’s as if someone is reading my messages :-)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

KMR intimated that those that didn't start on Saturday would play at Yeltz. This might mean Tilt get's a game (if available) along with Riley etc.
I won't be going as it is too much aggro after work and a friendly doesn't justify the effort required.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

I may well be the only Pitmen fan there, as it's only 20 minutes down the road and I am just allowed to drive again after a recent operation, it'll be nice to get some fresh air!
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I will be at a football match, but I won’t be at Halesowen. Arranged too late for me to change my plans unfortunately…
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Not just us then…
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It will be interesting to see whether Nathan Cameron, Tope Obadeyi and/or James McQuilkin will be at Halesowen tonight. Sorry, but I have named the trialists now that the season is up and running. Most of us knew who they were anyway.
As far as I know they haven’t signed for anyone else so either we have not offered them anything (which would be scandalous as they are better players than most/all of the players we have in their positions) or they’d rather sit at home and do nothing than play for what we have offered them….
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Glyn wrote: Mon Aug 08 2022 12:55 pm I may well be the only Pitmen fan there, as it's only 20 minutes down the road and I am just allowed to drive again after a recent operation, it'll be nice to get some fresh air!
Fresh air in Halesowen? :doh:
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Lee K wrote: Tue Aug 09 2022 1:42 pm It will be interesting to see whether Nathan Cameron, Tope Obadeyi and/or James McQuilkin will be at Halesowen tonight. Sorry, but I have named the trialists now that the season is up and running. Most of us knew who they were anyway.
As far as I know they haven’t signed for anyone else so either we have not offered them anything (which would be scandalous as they are better players than most/all of the players we have in their positions) or they’d rather sit at home and do nothing than play for what we have offered them….
I think we went a bit early with contracts for some of those that remained at the squad from last season. QUite a few of those on contract this season didn't set the world alight and one has to wonder why we handed contracts out so liberally before we had chance to assess who else might be available.
A difficult balance to strike admittedly.
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

Or maybe we have, and people have many offers on the table and they want time to consider…….

I’m sure one thing we can’t be accused of is not trying, or competing with other clubs. Or speculating to accumulate as such.

Whatever happens with players, time will tell. (Even in our position, sometimes it’s not in our hands, and if pushed the wrong way or too hard, it often can have the opposite reaction to what we would wish).

😉
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

Ps the good players never have only one club looking at them. Or they wouldn’t be that good a player 👍
Del

Post by Del »

Radio Glyn reports 50 players out warming up - no sign of a Pitmen team.

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Graham Jones wrote: Tue Aug 09 2022 6:48 pm Or maybe we have, and people have many offers on the table and they want time to consider…….

I’m sure one thing we can’t be accused of is not trying, or competing with other clubs. Or speculating to accumulate as such.

Whatever happens with players, time will tell. (Even in our position, sometimes it’s not in our hands, and if pushed the wrong way or too hard, it often can have the opposite reaction to what we would wish).

😉
Fair enough
granddad

Post by granddad »

Are we playing tonight. Is anyone reporting?
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

3-1 down at half time
Del

Post by Del »

17mins: 0-1 (Lycett)
37mins: 1-1 (Fuller)
40mins: 2-1 (Turton)
45mins: 3-1 (Insall)

HT: 3-1

52mins: 3-2 (Ebbutt)
68mins: 3-3 (Bennett)
88mins: 3-4 (Lita)

FT: 3-4

Official (crows) 416

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Shame we couldn't see fit to do twitter for this one.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Sorry I couldn't send more detail, no PA announcement of our line-up before the game, or of our scorers and from my vantage point ie the back row of the stand ie row 4 it wasn't easy to see, though I think Lita got the decider...

A lovely evening, red sky then 95% moon. I think I saw four Pitmen fans on the way out but otherwise no-one.

We dominated the first 30 and the last 30 minutes and were worthy of the win.

The concerning bit in the middle was when we suddenly started conceding possession and/or losing tackles, be it on their 18-yard line or the half-way line then they broke and carved through our defence. But those of you who watch far more regularly than me these days will be all too familiar with this...

I believe it was Nathan Cameron at 5, huge presence, yes, sign him up...
Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Aug 09 2022 9:39 pm Shame we couldn't see fit to do twitter for this one.
I'm sure at least one person in attendance had access to the twitter account to at least post a team - but perhaps he doesn't approve of fans! :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

HTFC fans group on Facebook reveals that our scorers were Lycett, Ebbutt, Bennett and Lita.

Their second goal, by the way, was a Sarr-for-Watford/Osborne-for-Hednesford-or-Solihull 50-yard drive/lob over the stranded keeper. There was someone filming, maybe footage will emerge at some stage...

And here's the delightful red sky at night: