Pitmen v Shrewsbury Town FC ... PSF

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Pitmen v Shrewsbury Town FC ... PSF

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for Monday 25 July - kick-off time: 19.30hrs

PLEASE NOTE REVISED DAY + KO TIME

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Pitmen v Shrewsbury Town FC ... PSF

Post by Glyn »

With games on both Monday and Tuesday nights it will be interesting to see what strength of team(s) we put out for each game - and then, echoing the point others have made, there will be just one PSF remaining for the manager to put out his first choice team for most of the 90 minutes...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Glyn wrote: Sun Jul 24 2022 11:50 am With games on both Monday and Tuesday nights it will be interesting to see what strength of team(s) we put out for each game - and then, echoing the point others have made, there will be just one PSF remaining for the manager to put out his first choice team for most of the 90 minutes...

He didn't do it once last pre season, so not expecting him to do it this time round. He likes "minutes in the legs" for everyone.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

£8 for adults lads. That’s cheap for the entertainment value on offer with this goal-laden squad that we have.
It’s also Shrewsbury’s last friendly before their EFL kick-off this Saturday away at Morecambe so maybe we’ll get a full first-team squad (although it has to be said not a word of the game even taking place has been mentioned on their website)…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Indeed, nowt on their Twitter either.

But their shirts are sponsored by Tuffins so it's worth a visit anyway

https://twitter.com/shrewsburytown?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Updates from Radio Lee:

1m 0-1 Kirby-Moore

40m 1-1 Lita/Ison

44m 2-1 Cuff

45m 3-1 Cuff

A pair of Cuffs. I'll get me coat.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Twitter has given the first goal to Ison.

Same 11 who started the game have come out to start the second half.

1. Lewis Gwilliams
2. Lewis Hayden
3. Harry Manton
4. Martin Riley
5. Lewis Ison
6. Romehl Seraton
7. Riley O’Sullivan
8. Todd Parker
9. Leroy Lita
10. Kyle Bennett
11. Joe Cuff
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

407 (crows)

Thanks Lee for the updates. I'll be offline now, further updates here

https://twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Joe Cuff post-match

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Good attacking performance without the margin of victory to show for the domination that we had in possession and it’s always difficult to assess against youngsters from professional clubs as we won’t be playing their like when the league games get under way.
I assume that all the players who missed last night (including our two favourite trialists) will play tonight and none of those playing last night will be at Lichfield, or will play 20-30 minutes at the most.
The only observations I would really make about last night is that Harry Manton should not be getting in the starting 11 for Redditch ahead of Carter Lycett and the number 14 trialist (who Twitter says scored their second goal) looked quite good. He got stuck in and showed a good range of passing and was unlucky for the own goal.
I’m excited to see how Joe Cuff can play in this league. He looks a really good player and if he can be consistent he can be at least as good as George Cater so we may end up without a loss in that position. It was good to see Riley O’Sullivan looking hungry and up for it too as he has probably been the one under par player so far in the games I’ve been to but he looked at it last night.
I don’t think I need to add anything about the “off-the-field” problems that the club has at the moment as Graham’s personal statement says it all.
C D S

Post by C D S »

Another very solid ninety minutes from the players with what was largely our best XI at the manager’s current disposal.

There were points in the game when we looked very, very good going forwards and it’s exciting to see that the players are allowed to express themselves more than they were last season. Cuff is a superb addition and a major upgrade on Cater - bigger, stronger and most importantly for me, can actually score goals when he gets into the positions. Bennett played some delightful football either side of half time and Lita was Lita, causing issues with his movement. O’Sullivan had their left-back in his pocket for most of the hour he was on the pitch too.

Two more sloppy goals conceded; you can’t see where the next clean sheet is coming from so is it a case of accepting that we will just try and outscore our opponents? That’s now thirty-six goals witnessed in seven pre-season games at an average of over five a game. Lots of goals flying in may be entertaining for the neutrals but it’s hugely frustrating for us regulars on the terraces. Still think we should have invested in an experienced holding midfielder in the summer.

I see that Graham has had to comment on the off the pitch matters and I can’t say I’m surprised as it’s been bubbling under since the start of pre-season; lots of overly-confident young children acting with impunity and pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with. It shouldn’t come to a point where you have to move away from your regular spot to disassociate yourself from a 10 year-old screaming the ‘c’ word at an opposition player.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I wasn't there last night, but I've been to the Villa and Strangers games and I've been shocked with the antics of these kids. We are seeing a wider societal problem playing out where kids think that normal rules of behaviour and the law don't apply if there is a football match going on.
I have to say that I am in favour of banning kids not accompanied by an adult - we may have to look at ratios of kids per adults, introduce proof of age checks (not sure how practical that is as people would have to bring along passports, driving licences etc) and also do random searches of spectators before they go into the ground.
I'm not sure what is driving this behaviour, but we've seen it at Stourbridge recently also.
Non-league was always a bit of a safe haven for people wanting to watch their team in relative peace and quiet without the aggravation that you get when attending games at 'big clubs'.
Sad days.
:scratchhead:
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

KMR post-match

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

njp

Post by njp »

As much as I agree with the fact that something needs to be done about the abhorrent behaviour at our club (to the point that I pointed out on Facebook it’s the most embarrassed I’ve ever been to call myself a Hednesford fan) I don’t think a blanket ban of no u16’s without an adult is a positive way forward. For every trouble maker there is a kid that just loves football and loves Hednesford Town who might not have an adult that will bring them to the matches. I know this was the case for myself from around the age of 12 and if that rule had been in force I may well have been forced to support some of the local detritus such as Chasetown or Stafford. :think: Some of the groups behaviour is awful and it needs sorting but don’t tar all of them with the same brush and deny potential ‘real’ fans the chance to fall in love with our club!

On to the football though and it was another solid performance especially in an attacking sense. I can see us scoring a lot this season and that can only be a good thing :D
:lol:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Chairman's update:

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... ans-update

What a shame that he (and others) have to spend his/their time on such things...
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

TMVP wrote: Tue Jul 26 2022 7:59 am Joe Cuff post-match

Brilliant question from Dan.

“You mentioned Stafford, what’s it like signing for a big club?”