Pitmen v Stafford Rangers ... PSF

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Pitmen v Stafford Rangers ... PSF

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for Thursday 21 July - kick-off time: 19.45hrs

PLEASE NOTE REVISED DAY

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Re: Pitmen v Stafford Rangers ... PSF

Post by Lee K »

I was going to attend this match had it been played tomorrow but I can’t make it on Thursday at such short notice.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

As I've said to you Lee, they really should have consulted you before changing the date; as indeed the weather should have done before turning so hot...

;) :twisted:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Mon Jul 18 2022 1:12 pm I was going to attend this match had it been played tomorrow but I can’t make it on Thursday at such short notice.
Go on Lee, you know you want to really! :doh:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Del wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 6:40 am
Lee K wrote: Mon Jul 18 2022 1:12 pm I was going to attend this match had it been played tomorrow but I can’t make it on Thursday at such short notice.
I do want to go but I can’t. I thought I said I can’t the first time. Oh yes, I did…
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 8:27 am
I do want to go but I can’t. I thought I said I can’t the first time. Oh yes, I did…
But that was three days ago - you might have changed your mind! :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 2:20 pm
Lee K wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 8:27 am
But that was three days ago - you might have changed your mind! :mrgreen:
I haven't 🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Let's hope we treat this game a bit more seriously than we did last year.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Nathan Cameron?
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

njp

Post by njp »

A good runout for us. I would say we dominated them first half with both centre backs looking solid and in attack we looked the sharper team. Leroy Lita what a player he is if we can keep him fit. Second half with the changes made we seemed a little less organised and Stafford started to come back into it. If we can sign the cb trialist then we really should as he looked solid and just what we need. Let’s just hope we can do the double over them :clap:
:lol:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

njp wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 10:33 pm A good runout for us. I would say we dominated them first half with both centre backs looking solid and in attack we looked the sharper team. Leroy Lita what a player he is if we can keep him fit. Second half with the changes made we seemed a little less organised and Stafford started to come back into it. If we can sign the cb trialist then we really should as he looked solid and just what we need. Let’s just hope we can do the double over them :clap:
If it’s the same CB who played against Kidderminster on Saturday then he’ll be the best defender in the league if he signs for a club in our league.
He played a massive part in Kiddy’s success last year and their fans appear very disappointed at the rumours that somehow they offered him much reduced terms this season.
njp

Post by njp »

Lee K wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 10:42 pm
njp wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 10:33 pm A good runout for us. I would say we dominated them first half with both centre backs looking solid and in attack we looked the sharper team. Leroy Lita what a player he is if we can keep him fit. Second half with the changes made we seemed a little less organised and Stafford started to come back into it. If we can sign the cb trialist then we really should as he looked solid and just what we need. Let’s just hope we can do the double over them :clap:
If it’s the same CB who played against Kidderminster on Saturday then he’ll be the best defender in the league if he signs for a club in our league.
He played a massive part in Kiddy’s success last year and their fans appear very disappointed at the rumours that somehow they offered him much reduced terms this season.
He also trialled for us last season didn’t he? Let’s hope it’s not the same story again with interest from leagues above! I think he could definitely be a difference maker given his experience!! The trialist winger has looked good too and I’m guessing he’s probably from the conference or above too given the way he gets past people and his physique.
:lol:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

njp wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 10:55 pm
Lee K wrote: Thu Jul 21 2022 10:42 pm
He also trialled for us last season didn’t he? Let’s hope it’s not the same story again with interest from leagues above! I think he could definitely be a difference maker given his experience!! The trialist winger has looked good too and I’m guessing he’s probably from the conference or above too given the way he gets past people and his physique.
I think he only played one game for us last season. It wouldn’t surprise me if he went to a National North club as he proved last season that he is good enough. Let’s hope we can pull it off.
Yes the winger has looked good too, I’ve been impressed by the attacking approach to games and if we can take that into the league we could do well. KMR needs to trust the players and not produce the defensive dross that we saw too many times last season.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

An encouraging night, but yes, a lot hinges
on whether we are able to sign the two lads on trial. A tremendous towering header from a corner from the centre back and he also dealt with long balls pumped into our box. A fine display from him. As someone remarked, our achilles heel fir a decade has been the long ball.
KMR appears to have recognised the value in getting experience in, but now he has a real headache in terms of deciding who to release and how to balance the books.
I'm more positive about this season simply because there is a bit less fannying around at the back and there is more nous in the squad.

We could be back to square one if we can't sign the impressive trislists, but this begs the question as to what happens to those who have already committed to the club and, in some cases, signed a contract.
The second half was a bit of a mixed bag, but we were fairly comfortable over the night. Morley scored an excellent goal. An interesting couple of weeks ahead.
A decent number of people in attendance, but it didn't look like 525.
A fair number of kids have been attending games which is good but they don't half make a racket and most don't seem interested in watching the game.
:scratchhead:
C D S

Post by C D S »

A good performance. Controlled the game well, took our chances when they came and looked more defensively sound than in recent games.

Having the experienced triallist at centre back and Lita up front made a huge difference to our side from Saturday’s starting XI. We had much more of a presence up top with Leroy back, chasing and harrying the Strangers defence; he deserved his goal for a typically swashbuckling display. No doubting the quality of the centre back either - clearly a huge step up on anything we have at the club (and so he should be, having been playing in League One a couple of years ago). Would love to see us get that signature over the line if we can make it work financially.

The first Rangers goal seemed very soft - I’ll wait until the highlights come out to judge but Gwilliams appeared to get caught out by the flight of the ball. I hope for his sake it was a fluke of a shot and not another error.

We were very comfortable after the break, knocking the ball around and keeping it for long periods without really doing a lot with it. Good to see young Morley pop up with a really good goal - he seemed very happy to score against his former club.

Man of the match - hard to choose between Lita and triallist A but probably Lita by a short head. Parker sprayed some nice passes around when he came on and Josh Webb once again made a strong case for making the right back slot his own

I thought Strangers were woeful; they lacked a cutting edge up front and seemed uncompetitive down the centre of the pitch. Their defence couldn’t cope with Lita and were caught square a few times in the second half. I know they’ve lost a fair few of last season’s squad but Matt Hill and Dale Belford look like they’ve got a big job on. We all know how tough the NPL is and they looked Ill-equipped at present to battle with the more aggressive sides oop north
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

WhiteEagle

Post by WhiteEagle »

I have had chance to watch all but heath hayes games. I agree with what's been said about the team by most The Cb as rightly pointed out was with kiddy last season. Triallist no7 shows what a player from higher league should and could do for us.

My concerns are that we still lack a quality keeper. If Gwilliam is to start he for me needs to improve both his position and seems slow at moving and dealing with crosses. Young Rhys probably lacks the physical presence for this league

We still need to improve our concentraction and defensive positioning at dead ball situations.

I can see us finishing in lower play off places if we can keep the mix of experience and youth but how much will this cost us in wage structure.