Pitmen v Hereford FC ... PSF

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Pitmen v Hereford FC ... PSF

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for Saturday 09 July - kick-off time: 15.00

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Pitmen v Hereford FC ... PSF

Post by Glyn »

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... pen-at-1pm

"Pre-season League game"?

Don't confuse me, I'm old

:twisted:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

Pitmen (1st half): Pitmen starting XI. Gwilliams, Haydon, Manton, Portman, Ison, McQuilkin, Landell, Seraton, O'Sullivan, Bennett, Cuff.
Subs: Everyone else

Hereford (1st half): 1 Wade, 25 Hodgkiss, 6 Haines, 15 Lilly, 20 Evans, 8 Lloyd, 24 McLean, 26 Durojaiye, 10 Pinchard, 23 Barnett, 14 Storey.

HT: 0-0

Pitmen
(2nd half): Williams, Webb, Lycett, Riley, Byrne, Rowe, Tilt, Parker, Lita, Rashad, Ebbutt.

Hereford (2nd Half): 13 Osment, 19 Derricott, 22 Summers, 12 Latty-Fairweather, 27 Campbell, 19 Trialist, 11 Trialist, 3 Trialist, 4 Trialist, 7 Trialist, 17 Trialist

54mins: 1-0 (Rashad)

FT: 1-0

Official (crows) 384
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Nice to see Tyrone Barnett back at Keyes Park. Must be 14 years since he last played for us..
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Caroljohnson wrote: Sat Jul 09 2022 5:40 pm Nice to see Tyrone Barnett back at Keyes Park. Must be 14 years since he last played for us..
12 years Carol, 2010.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Thanks Keith
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

KMR post-match interview

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Leroy Lita post-match interview

C D S

Post by C D S »

A controlled performance and a deserved win over ninety minutes, although you have to put this in context against the fact that it was Hereford’s first pre-season game and their second-half team was largely made up of youngsters and triallists

We gave as good as we got in the first half, with Cuff again looking the most likely to find a way through; two teasing crosses from the left were just begging to be guided home but we lacked that potency in front of goal. Great to see Tyrone Barnett again, who worked hard up against Ison and held the ball up well

Our more settled squad and the fact that we already have two games under our belt were very telling in the second half as we gave the Bulls second string the runaround. Lita was superb, giving the Hereford defenders no time on the ball and picking the pocket of the left-back in the build-up to Rashad’s goal; on another day, the veteran would have had a hat-trick. When he plays, we are very efficient going forwards. When he doesn’t, we tend to be less fluid in our movement and a little out of ideas in the final third.

Pleased with two wins and two clean sheets this week; lots of work still to do and plenty of places in the team up for grabs, particularly across most of the defensive positions where I honestly couldn’t name you our best back four at the moment. I fear what Villa’s kids might do to us on Tuesday night after mauling Ca$htown on Friday night, but I suppose it’s all a learning curve.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town