Tamworth (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Tamworth (H)

Post by Del »

Tamworth (H)

Match scheduled for Monday 18 April - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website: https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to Keys Park and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Town Crier

Re: Tamworth (H)

Post by Town Crier »

O-Yay, O-Yay
To win is the aim
Its the last home game
Our team is a beater
A hatrick for Lita
O-Yay, O-Yay
dig a-ling
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Presumably the game will be segregated in keeping with the approach towards well supported local clubs?
:scratchhead:
C D S

Post by C D S »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Apr 18 2022 10:37 am Presumably the game will be segregated in keeping with the approach towards well supported local clubs?
After the way we were 'welcomed' at the Lamb last month, I believe that the consensus from Graham was to give Tamworth the same facilities that we were treated to - segregation behind the goal, limited toilet facilities and no bar.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

C D S wrote: Mon Apr 18 2022 11:05 am
Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Apr 18 2022 10:37 am Presumably the game will be segregated in keeping with the approach towards well supported local clubs?
After the way we were 'welcomed' at the Lamb last month, I believe that the consensus from Graham was to give Tamworth the same facilities that we were treated to - segregation behind the goal, limited toilet facilities and no bar.
Well done to Graham if that's the case, Tamworth have got away with putting visiting supporters in that cattle shed for far too long.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I wasn’t willing to put up with that so I bought a ticket in the home end and stayed in the newly refurbished bar supping Guinness until 5 mins before kick off.
Of course, I wasn’t able to cheer when we scored and we ended up scoring bloody three!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

No doubt we will see. I stood in the cattle shed at Tamworth and had a far better experience than I did at Stourbridge. Stourbridge has to be the worst in the league when it comes to getting a decent vantage point to watch the game.
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Tamworth equalisedflsre thrown on pitch. Now Tamworyh w-1
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 2 - 3 TAMWORTH

Full Times
Banbury 2v1 Alvechurch
Bromsgrove 1v1 Stratford
Coalville 3v0 Rushall
Hednesford 2v3 Tamworth
Lowestoft 0v1 Needham Market
Nuneaton (red card) 0v2 Barwell
Peterborough Sports 1v0 Hitchin
Redditch 2v0 Stourbridge
Royston 3v0 Biggleswade Town
St. Ives 1v0 AFC Rushden & Diamonds

Offical (crows) 812
League Table: https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 21/2022/P/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Some things never change. You can add today to other home fixtures against Biggleswade, Banbury, and Rushden where we concede goals right at the end to cost us points. It had an air of inevitability about it as the blokes I stand with remarked at the time. It is no longer a surprise.
We played quite well today against physical opponents, but other than Portman at the end (where Singh saved expertly) and the odd cross flashing across the six yard box we didn't create a huge amount.

Unless we adapt and add physicality to our game, as well as height to deal with balls into the box, we won't pull any trees up.

Big error not starting Cater today. I know he had a 'mare against Alvechurch but he wasn't alone. We saw what Cater did to Hurst at their place and on current form he should be starting in front of Tilt.

Frustrating to lose again at home, but I guess the first two we conceded were unstoppable and so you have to give credit where it is due. Lita had a good game, but he needs a target man with him for next season.

Well done to the stewards for removing the idiots who threw flares onto the pitch.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Apr 18 2022 5:51 pm Some things never change. You can add today to other home fixtures against Biggleswade, Banbury, and Rushden where we concede goals right at the end to cost us points. t had an air of inevitability about it as the blokes I stand with remarked at the time. It is no longer a surprise.
We played quite well today against physical opponents, but other than Portman at the end (where Singh saved expertly) and the odd cross flashing across the six yard box we didn't create a huge amount.

Unless we adapt and add physicality to our game, as well as height to deal with balls into the box, we won't pull any trees up.

Big error not starting Cater today. I know he had a 'mare against Alvechurch but he wasn't alone. We saw what Cater did to Hurst at their place and on current form he should be starting in front of Tilt.

Frustrating to lose again at home, but I guess the first two we conceded were unstoppable and so you have to give credit where it is due. Lita had a good game, but he needs a target man with him for next season.

Well done to the stewards for removing the idiots who threw flares onto the pitch.
You think Lita will be there next season?
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Too many long balls in the first half which were gobbled up by Bailey - Lita isn’t the biggest of strikers and that was a ridiculous thing to do against a player we know better than anyone. Play it along the floor and Lita turned Bailey and scored which was a great goal although the keeper probably should have saved.
The game was lit up by their two magnificent goals and then we dealt some luck when Cater’s effort was deflected and then headed into his own net off the bar by their defender. Portman (I think it is) shouldn’t have given Singh a chance to save that at the end he should have blasted the net off with it. Bennett could be knocked off the ball by a feather and how the manager didn’t start Cater after his performance against them in the away game is absolutely baffling. Disappointing but that’s been the season all over.

I still maintain the view that we have some good players. Each of them have shown glimpses of quality but I think they have been held back from reaching their potential this season by the tippy, tappy, use a million passes sideways and backwards tactics of the management team.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I have no idea where Lita will be next season, but I hope it is with us. Get the right bloke with, be direct and get some muscle into the midfield and defence and we may have a better season. For some reason we seem fixated with having a squad that is small in stature. If you are going that way then you need pace in the team.

A lot to do before next season, but at least Barwell have survived already and so some of the heat may have been taken out of the fixture as a result.
C D S

Post by C D S »

Another one of those home performances that we can label as ‘naive’; much-improved on the Alvechurch debacle but lacking in game management and experience in key areas against a side loaded with step-three know-how who kept knocking on the door until they got what they wanted.

Lita’s goal apart, we barely threatened in the first period; Tamworth had plenty of the play but were very wasteful in the final third. Much like the reverse fixture, you never felt that we were in control at 1-0 up, once again allowing a more experienced side to get themselves back into the game. Two good goals, it had to be said, but both came down the Tamworth right and particularly with the second goal, there was time to cut the ball out.

After Cater’s fluke goal, I was hoping that we might go to a more direct 4-4-2 (I don’t know why I thought this as we haven’t done it all season), playing O’Sullivan up with Lita to take advantage of having the momentum behind us. However, we showed a really disappointing lack of urgency and desire in those last fifteen minutes or so; a good example being a free-kick we won with about five minutes to go on halfway that Flanagan slowly ambled across to take, in no rush to play the ball in like we were the away side and were playing for the draw.

Tamworth had been pressing from set-pieces all second half, so perhaps it was no surprise that they popped up with a late winner from a throw in. Another example of experience paying its way. It’s a testament to Andy Peaks’ management that he’s getting a tune out of the same squad that Gary Smith wasn’t. I imagine Peaks’ appointment will work out well for them next term - provided he is backed in the summer - as he’s proven at this level and clearly has the respect of the experienced heads around him

I thought Lita showed plenty of hard work and desire throughout, even dropping back to help out in defence at corner kicks. He gives defences plenty to think about and is always on the move. I wonder how much he has left in the tank potentially for next season. Hayden showed good hustle in the first half at right-back and Basey looked more confident after his dreadful display against Alvechurch; he had no chance with any of the Tamworth goals. Everyone else, was, well, meh.

An excellent crowd for a dead rubber; again, it just highlights the massive pull and potential at Hednesford if they are producing a consistent, well-organised side and not the brand of dull, percentage-based football we’ve seen for periods of this season.

I’m pleased Graham stuck to his guns and kept the bar closed for the visitors - hopefully, Tamworth see the error of their ways and make the Lamb a bit more of a welcoming ground for away fans as I’d be unsure of bothering to go next season if it’s the same as my last two visits there
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

TMVP

Post by TMVP »

post-match interview

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

An interesting stat that we haven't finished in the top ten since 2014. Take two Covid affected seasons out of that and it still isn't great for the club .
Tony J

Post by Tony J »

Unusually, I was on the Wimblebury Terrace in the 2nd half - their first and second goals were both worldies. Ultimately we had a chance to win the game and didn't take it. They had a chance to win the game and did.

See you next season.