Away Travel

Del

Away Travel

Post by Del »

Is there anything planned for this season?

Nobody seems to have mentioned anything so is it a case of 'make your own way there' for this season?

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
cds

Re: Away Travel

Post by cds »

It's a question that's been asked throughout pre-season but the only response I've had is that it was 'being looked at'. I can't afford the running costs of a car so my only option - and for others - is to get to away games via a supporter's coach. If a coach runs, I'll be there. If it doesn't, well, that makes the decision for me.

Last season's away games where a coach ran were very poorly attended (only about 10 or 11 people travelling per game) and my concern is that it would be difficult to find a coach company willing to offer away travel to every away game with no guarantees on finance. They are businesses after all and all coach companies will be keen to protect their costs and only offer a service that will turn a profit, particularly after the past sixteen months where there has been little to no custom; I don't think the demand is currently there from our very fickle fanbase to give any guarantees. A lot of the 'die-hards' who went to every game home and away for years have now binned the club off after years of misplaced hope and dreadful football.

The halcyon days of the CKITC seem long ago now; a real shame how things have changed inside a couple of years as we had some superb away days over the years and the players were guaranteed a good following whether we were at Workington, Weston-Super-Mare or Woking.
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
Glyn

Re: Away Travel

Post by Glyn »

cds wrote: Wed Aug 11 2021 4:46 pm It's a question that's been asked throughout pre-season but the only response I've had is that it was 'being looked at'. I can't afford the running costs of a car so my only option - and for others - is to get to away games via a supporter's coach. If a coach runs, I'll be there. If it doesn't, well, that makes the decision for me.

Last season's away games where a coach ran were very poorly attended (only about 10 or 11 people travelling per game) and my concern is that it would be difficult to find a coach company willing to offer away travel to every away game with no guarantees on finance. They are businesses after all and all coach companies will be keen to protect their costs and only offer a service that will turn a profit, particularly after the past sixteen months where there has been little to no custom; I don't think the demand is currently there from our very fickle fanbase to give any guarantees. A lot of the 'die-hards' who went to every game home and away for years have now binned the club off after years of misplaced hope and dreadful football.

The halcyon days of the CKITC seem long ago now; a real shame how things have changed inside a couple of years as we had some superb away days over the years and the players were guaranteed a good following whether we were at Workington, Weston-Super-Mare or Woking.
... or even West Auckland at short notice, midweek!

All very good points well made sir...

:clap:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34