Grayshells Away Travel

All the information on away travel to follow the Pitmen
Del

Grayshells Away Travel

Post by Del »

Grayshells will be providing away travel for this season offering two membership schemes and individual match bookings.
Gold Membership at the cost of £220 and Silver Membership £260.
Gold Membership is a one off payment and Silver Membership is divided into four equal payments. Membership entitles a named person (non transferable) coach travel to all away league matches. Full Gold Membership and initial Silver Membership payable by seven days prior to commencement of the season. Three remaining Silver Membership payments to be paid by 1st of September, October and November.
Payments for individual matches are required to be paid in advance at times of booking, with bookings to be made at the latest the day before scheduled match.
Cost of individual matches and payment details for these and Gold/Silver memberships and coach departure times will be advised once fixtures are notified.
All payments and bookings to be made with Grayshells direct, payments can be made by credit/debit card by phone; any request for cheque and cash payments (in advance) to be advised in consultation with Grayshells.

Grayshells Travel

St James Rd
Cannock
Staffordshire
WS11 1EL

Tel: 01543 466370
Email: grayshells@live.co.uk

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Pitmen1187

Re: Grayshells Away Travel

Post by Pitmen1187 »

Would be great if the club could put this info out there on facebook/twitter for fans who dont use the forum much. might get afew extra on the coach.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

It would seem a number of people have been in contact with Ian Pitt according to him as they are not happy about the prices Grayshells are chaging, as a consequence he is considering running a 16 seater mini bus to away games if he can fill it.
We have had an exchange of views on Facebook but cant seem now to locate the post now, suffice to say I did seek clarification and he confirmed it would only be payment on the day as not running a Gold Membership type scheme, first saying it would be cheaper then same day passenger price as Grayshells. 
As no day passenger rates for Grayshells have been confirmed as yet (waiting for fixtures to see what games Saturday/midweek) not sure how can make comparison at this stage, did ask for example fares assume he will post list of fares for the season when fixtures are known.
If any of these people who have been in contact with Ian would like to express their concerns please feel free to do so on here or contact Grayshells direct. If anyone wants to run alternative transport to away games that's their prerogative to do so and people can then choose who they wish to travel with.
The Travel Club did give 12 months notice of ceasing to run coaches and Grayshells were up to now the only ones expressing an interest in providing away travel, so I suppose it does grate a bit that this comes up at his late stage but it's something provider(s) of away travel themselves will need to manage.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

As previously stated day fares will be advised by Grayshells once fixtures are known, having seen the provisional costs they are similar to what the Travel Club would have been charging along with the £220 Gold Membership.Providing a saving of around £100 compared to if you were to travel to every away game paying the day passenger fares.
The Travel Club offered members initially to spread this £220 cost firstly over five then six monhly payments to eventually being able to make payments across the season with majority members opting to pay this way. We were able to do this as we collected fares on the coach something Grayshells cannot do as their only representative will be the actual coach driver, therefore the requirement to pay Grayshells in advance.
The main difference compared to previous Travel Club arrangements is that Grayshells whilst offering the ability to spread payments, these are four monthly payments at the begining of the season for Gold Membership at a cost of £260. I understand there may potentially be some degree of flexibility in cost but this is dependent on sufficient numbers wanting to take up Gold Membership to enable this to possibly happen.
I appreciate these new arrangements may not be liked by some but to put it into perspective, I am not aware of any other non league club that offers the same extentensive flexible payment arrangements that the Travel Club previously did at a relatively low cost which incidentally had not increased for some six seasons, or the ability to book a seat at any time including on the day of travel.
It would be interesting to know what other clubs arrangements are for away travel as there may be different ways of doing things so feel free to comment but, I suspect they will not be as favourable as those previously offered by the Travel Club. So if your going to criticise Grayshells proposals, before you do compare theirs to what other clubs offer
Real Ale Fan On Tour

To clarify any potential issue of doubt quoting following message received off Ian Pitt for clarification "Get your facts right Shane it's Tony O'Brien who setting up the 16 seater mini bus not me I just put it on Facebook on is behalf I might help him out if he does it's nothing to do with greyshells or the exciting travel club what happens I am not trying to be funny with you" So for the absence of doubt Ian you are not setting it up but Tony is as he has a friend who has a mini bus ( information from now original deleted FB post ) but, you will help him out if he does and it is apparently purely coincidental this was proposed solely by Tony after you were personally told by people that they were not happy with what Grayshells were proposing to charge, obviously this is all pure conjecture on my part. So I'll stick to the facts, yes you're right it isn't funny far from it and, it is further coincidence that your apparent now somewhat circumstantial involvement in this possible venture follows yourself being told at the Travel Club AGM the financial terms peviously offered by the Travel Club over many seasons was no longer available?
Real Ale Fan On Tour

I have now been advised by Ian Pitt that a mini bus will now not be running. So as it stands at this period in time the matter is now closed.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

They've added £1.00 to the Silver membership cost! :doh:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Del wrote: Thu Jul 04 2019 6:39 pm They've added £1.00 to the Silver membership cost! :doh:
Not sure why will check.

All Gold Membership payments and bookings should be made direct with Grayshells, previous Travel Club committee members are assisting in the intial set up but only in an advisory capacity. Please beware if you have any queries, want to make a payment or booking these are being managed entirely by Grayshells, so please do not contact us in particular Ken to try to make a booking, check time of coach, ask if any spaces left etc, etc. Your cooperation in this is appreciated especially by Ken :-D
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Ok the fixtures are out, I'm liasing with Grayshells and we will publish full away fixture list asap but, can confirm the first away fixture to Coalville on Tuesday 13th August can now be booked by contacting Grayshells (see above for contact details).The cost is £10.00 and will depart Keys Park at 6-15 PM.
Pitmen1187

Post by Pitmen1187 »

Ok look forward to seeing the times.are we looking to get to places 2 hours before kick off still? 6.15 to coalville we wouldn't get there till 7.30!
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Pitmen1187 wrote: Sat Jul 13 2019 9:19 am Ok look forward to seeing the times.are we looking to get to places 2 hours before kick off still? 6.15 to coalville we wouldn't get there till 7.30!
Timed originally to leave at 6pm but advised coach only available 6-15pm, agree probably arrive around 7-30 traffic willing, will raise timing again see if any leeway. Will post rest of departures today, in general aim to arrive 2 hours before kick off on Saturdays depending on where away ground is located and what's in the local area.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Departure times and day passenger fares, to book contact Grayshells direct.

Coalville Town Tue 13th August 2019 6.15pm £10.00
Stourbridge FC Sat 17th August 2019 11.45am £12.00
Tamworth Mon 26th August 2019 1.00pm £8.00
Kings Langley Sat 14th September 2019 10.00am £19.00
Stratford Town Sat 5th October 2019 11.00am £13.00
Bromsgrove Sporting Tue 15th October 2019 5.30pm £13.00
Leiston Sat 19th October 2019 9.00am £22.00
Barwell Sat 2nd November 2019 11.45am £12.00
St Ives Town Sat 16th November 2019 10.15am £18.00
Biggleswade Town Sat 30th November 2019 10.15am £18.00
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Sat 14th December 2019 11-00am £16.00
Rushall Olympic Thu 26th December 2019 1.00pm £8.00
Lowestoft Town Sat 4th January 2020 9.00am £22.00
Alvechurch Sat 18th January 2020 12.30am £12.00
Needham Market Sat 1st February 2020 10.00am £21.00
Royston Town Sat 22nd February 2020 10.15am £18.00
Redditch United Sat 7th March 2020 11.45am £12.00
Nuneaton Town Sat 14th March 2020 11.30am £13.00
Peterborough Sports Sat 28th March 2020 10.15am £18.00
Banbury United Sat 11th April 2020 11.00am £17.00
Hitchin Town Sat 25th April 2020 10.15am £18.00
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Bromsgrove is closer than Redditch but a pound dearer
not much drinking time for the beer bellies, actually I can see a few will be put off by this
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Real Ale Fan On Tour

sheriff wrote: Sun Jul 14 2019 6:54 pm Bromsgrove is closer than Redditch but a pound dearer
not much drinking time for the beer bellies, actually I can see a few will be put off by this
Dont shoot the messenger Sherrif :-D depends on which way drive but perhaps could be same price but Coalville discounted price so a saving there, suggest you contact Grayshells direct with your query. With regards arrival time, this is around two hours before kick off on a Saturday not midweek games but, favourable traffic should mean arrival time of one hour before kick off to Bromsgrove.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

well I think closer to 1.30 ish for most, take Tamworth for example, possible 1.45 arrival
Real Ale Fan On Tour

sheriff wrote: Sun Jul 14 2019 8:54 pm well I think closer to 1.30 ish for most, take Tamworth for example, possible 1.45 arrival
The departure times were advised by Gayshells with arrival time of around two hours before kick off but exact timings dependent on traffic conditions. I did advise on some alterations for example where the football ground is out of town, Nuneaton/Stratford to allow more time , also taking into account what's in local area and where ground located and going straight to the ground around hour before kick off as with Alvechurch. With regard to Tamworth, as with the Travel Club local games had later departure times to try and facilitate more people travelling, as said previously any queries people have you can raise them direct with Grayshells.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Ok
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Real Ale Fan On Tour

Glyn wrote: Wed Jul 17 2019 3:08 pm Only just spotted this:

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/07 ... lls-travel
Neither did I, assume if the post is edited with any fixture changes then these will automatically be changed also via the link.There is still the Travel Club page, does this now need to be deleted or the link redirectedto this with the away coach travel listed on it, either way Ken as contact person needs to be removed.
With regard to fixture changes there needs to be a method to communicate these and update whatever page is used, I previously emailed them as person doing the coach bookings assume this will now be manage by Grayshells.
Myself and other members of previous Travel Club committee will continue to have a watching brief during this period of transition and can advise/assist as required.
Del

Post by Del »

Any info on the travel info page (viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4444) will need to be changed manually, by me I guess!
I added the link onto the Official Club article to try and make things easier for travellers.

If I am told of any changes then I will update that page as soon as I can. :shock:

If you want the old Travel Club page (viewforum.php?f=16) deleted, then again, let me know and I will 'kill it off' !! :twisted:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Del wrote: Wed Jul 17 2019 6:10 pm Any info on the travel info page (viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4444) will need to be changed manually, by me I guess!
I added the link onto the Official Club article to try and make things easier for travellers.

If I am told of any changes then I will update that page as soon as I can. :shock:

If you want the old Travel Club page (viewforum.php?f=16) deleted, then again, let me know and I will 'kill it off' !! :twisted:
Thanks for reply as I thought your the person to update, what's the best way to notify of changes can then inform Grayshells but don't think they have registered on the forum.
With regards old Travel Club page, assume possibly two options either delete it or rename/change and use it as away travel information page rather than current forum/viewtopic link?
Respond later to any reply as off to help install new dugouts :-D
Del

Post by Del »

Real Ale Fan On Tour wrote: Thu Jul 18 2019 9:30 am Thanks for reply as I thought your the person to update, what's the best way to notify of changes can then inform Grayshells but don't think they have registered on the forum.
With regards old Travel Club page, assume possibly two options either delete it or rename/change and use it as away travel information page rather than current forum/view topic link?
Respond later to any reply as off to help install new dugouts :-D
Changes (dates/times/prices) need to be sent to me, then I can apply them to the new Travel Club details page.

I will rename the now unused Travel Club page to 'Old & Defunct Travel Club' .. but leave it visible as people do like to reminisce!! :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

:-D :mrgreen: :clap:
Pitmen1187

Post by Pitmen1187 »

Any idea on numbers for the gold membership with greyshells? Looks a great deal hope people go with it..