Travel club in talks

For 2019/2020 travel to away games please see the pages above entitled "Grayshells 'New' Travel Club"
Jude71

Travel club in talks

Post by Jude71 »

The travel club belonging to hednesford town is being discussed and talks are being held news will follow
sheriff

Re: Travel club in talks

Post by sheriff »

the above 2019/20 link is giving me an HTTP 500 error ?
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

sheriff wrote: Sat Jun 15 2019 3:34 pm the above 2019/20 link is giving me an HTTP 500 error ?
Had no updates regarding this lately Sheriff.
Beerhunter or Real Ale Fan on Tour may be able to help.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

Hi only just saw this thread so apologies. Assume everyone knows the Tavel Club no longer exists having given 12 months notice of ceasing to run coaches end of last season.

So with regards the club taking over it's running, there is nothing left to run so I can only assume they mean setting up their own away travel arrangements administered by the club.

At the Travel Club AGM Grayshells who provided coaches advised they were willing to run their own version of the Travel Club for the coming season administered by themselves. To help facilitate this remaining members of the Travel Club committee agreed to provide initial advice and support, there has been a delay in meeting with Grayshells to progress this but we are all due to meet this Thursday 20th June.

If as indicated above the club want to make their own arrangements then we will not progress these discussions but, in the absence of any additional news since 22nd May it would be beneficial to know asap if the club still intend to provide away travel so we can cancel our meeting so can avoid the scenario of two potential away travel schemes being progressed at same time.

With regards residual capital still held by the Travel Club, as agreed at the AGM this will continue to be overseen by committee members and used for the benefit of previous Gold Members for example subsidising their coach travel to cup games, sponsoring games/ players and, we will do the upmost to continue to consult previous Gold Members regards any proposed expenditure.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

In addition to above:
Myself and Phil have had albeit initial brief discussions with members of the football club consortium regards the Travel Club at Supporters Association meetings and understand they were invited to the AGM. We were approached by Grayshells regarding the providing of away coaches next season and they attended the AGM to put forward their proposals. It was then agreed with them that they would firm up these proposals and we would meet with them in an advisory capacity to discuss further, hence the arranged meeting.
Appreciate the consortium have only relatively recently become involved and had to hit the ground running following the OWNA situation but, the Travel Club gave 12 months notice of ending away travel and felt it only proper we at least tried to facilitate away travel for this coming season hence discussions with Grayshells.
Whoever provides away travel next season and hopefully this can be progressed asap, we are more than willing to share our knowledge and experience to help facilitate this.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Just to update, can advise the club are not proposing to run supporters coaches for this coming season so we will continue to meet with Grayshells as planned and will update afterwards.
As this is a new venture, understand as with Grayshells the club will review it's involvement or not in the potential provision of coaches for away supporters in the future after this season.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Real Ale Fan On Tour wrote: Wed Jun 19 2019 2:03 pm Just to update, can advise the club are not proposing to run supporters coaches for this coming season so we will continue to meet with Grayshells as planned and will update afterwards.
As this is a new venture, understand as with Grayshells the club will review it's involvement or not in the potential provision of coaches for away supporters in the future after this season.
I heard long away trips are around £25, can anyone conform this
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Real Ale Fan On Tour

I heard long away trips are around £25, can anyone conform this
[/quote]

Whatever the fares are will be determined by Grayshells in due course once they confirm they are providing coaches next season along with departure times and membership schemes, interested where you heard £25 from as not aware anything having been decided at present?