Travel Club Statement

For 2019/2020 travel to away games please see the pages above entitled "Grayshells 'New' Travel Club"
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Travel Club Statement

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

At the Travel Club AGM held on 21st June 2018 the following proposals were presented and agreed by those present and will be implemented for the 2018/2019 season.

1. The Gold Membership payment scheme will be terminated.
2. There will be a single flat fare of £10.00 for everyone on coaches to all league away games.
3. Previous Gold Members will have priority booking and will receive discounted travel on any additional coaches that are run.
4. The Lottery Bonus Ball prize draw will end on the 25th of August 2018, the scheme will then terminate and no prize payments will be made after this date.
5. All existing Bonus Ball participants are advised to cease payments and cancel any Standing Orders with their respective banks, as this can only be done by those who set them up and not by the Travel Club.
6. The Forecast Five conducted on the coach will continue but all monies collected will be paid out to the winner.
7. At the AGM to be held at the end of the coming season in 2019 (date to be advised) all matters and functions associated with the running of the Travel Club will be finalised.
8. The Hednesford Town Independent Travel Club (established 1996) will then be dissolved and will therefore cease to exist on the closure of said AGM.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank all committee members who have served over the last 22 years, as without your dedication and support the Travel Club would not have functioned and run for this period of time.

Can I also say thank you to all Gold Members past and present and all other supporters who have previously travelled with us for your support and, hope you will be able to continue to do so for what will be the Travel Club’s final season.

Committee Members

Shane Duggan- Treasurer/Secretary
Phil Raybould- Chairperson
Ken Leese Vice- Chairperson/Bookings Coordinator
22nd June 2018
Lee K

Re: Travel Club Statement

Post by Lee K »

This is sad news indeed.

I was a regular traveller with the travel club from 1998-2007 and had the most enjoyable time. Such a friendly atmosphere all the time, loads of laughs and I thank all those past and present who gave up so much time to run it. We all started on it because we wanted to watch Hednesford play away, but after a short while it became a day out with friends first, and the football was a bonus.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
FOZZIE

Post by FOZZIE »

Firstly I would like to thank all past and present committee members of the Travel Club for their time and commitment when I first started following Hednesford to away games it was organised by Neil Holden and Jim ? (its my age) then Paul Action to the present day committee, they have all worked tirelessly towards achieving an extremely well organised travel club.
The camaraderie amongst the travelling fans is second to none with many friendships formed over the past 22 years, sharing many sad and happy times together.
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

Just to say that Shane, Phil and Ken have done a great job organising the Travel Club over the years and thanks for their efforts.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Hear hear, I've never used it but am aware of how much hard work has gone into this over so many years, and what terrific away support the club - or, perhaps, more importantly, the team - has enjoyed as a result
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

Sorry state of play but this looks like the demise of our wonderful pitmen thanks to all, for there free help in running the travel club its been a credit to all that used it in the past, we had some great days out onward and upward the pitmen :clap: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: we will never die
Del

Post by Del »

TAKEN FROM FACEBOOK .......

Poster: Ken Leese

Morning all, I posted the message below a few weeks ago on another link but decided after Shane Duggan officially stepped down from the Travel Club after many years it needs reposting.

I've known about Shane's decision to step down for a little while now and said to him at the time he is the mainstay of the Travel Club, the ammount of work he puts in week in week out is the reason we are still running coaches to watch the Pitmen all over the country.
On behalf of all the Gold Members and everybody who has traveled with us the length and breadth of the country over the years I would like to thank him very much for his time, and how conscientiously and diligently he did all the many and varied tasks involved which were far more than people realised. :clap: :clap: :bow:

Obviously I and all of his friends hope he will still continue to come on the coach next season , won't be the same without you !!
(cheers)

Cheers Shane, and thank you from us all.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21