The New Bucks Thread

Please post anything unrelated to the Pitmen in here.
Glyn

The New Bucks Thread

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
sheriff

Re: Smith and Chambers sacked!

Post by sheriff »

according to their board they were the best managers at that level, not the last two years,they finished near the relegation zone
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

they had just finished assembling a team for next season, were they sacked or did they walk
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

Chairman Ian Dosser gone after 13 years .. more here

http://www.telfordunited.com/News.aspx?ID=1267

Club in turmoil!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Smith and Chambers sacked! - Rob Edwards in!

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Although I think Rob & Larry are excellent managers and did really well for us I am a bitter man and I am not crying into my beer at the thought of Telford sacking them for the second time. I do like them though and I hope they do really well at their next job as long as it is not at Stafford Rangers. All we need now is for McDonald to get his comeuppance!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
thethumb

Post by thethumb »

Justice has been served. Plus they have made Telford a poor standard national north team now too.
Chips and gravy??
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Why do so many people have this hate fixation with Rob & Larry.
Everyone seems to forget the success we had with them during five amazing seasons.
They got a better offer from Telford and decided to take it and we have to live with that that's football, how many of us wouldn't do the same if the opportunity arose in our work lives. I would imagine we had a chance to retain their services with an improved deal but didn't take it.
We are two years down the road now and I for one wish them every success at whatever will be their next appointment.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Radio WM report "it's understood Wolves are providing Telford with additional financial support"
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

PitmanKeith wrote:Why do so many people have this hate fixation with Rob & Larry.
Everyone seems to forget the success we had with them during five amazing seasons.
They got a better offer from Telford and decided to take it and we have to live with that that's football, how many of us wouldn't do the same if the opportunity arose in our work lives. I would imagine we had a chance to retain their services with an improved deal but didn't take it.
We are two years down the road now and I for one wish them every success at whatever will be their next appointment.
Absolutely. Leaving for a better offer after five good seasons is very different to doing the same after five or six months...
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'd have no problem with Rob and Larry coming back to us again one day. The issue that probably irks people is that Rob came back and took 'his players' to Telford.

We have to accept that this is par forthecourse these days no matter how frustrating.

Strange that they have built a side from scratch, but never got to see it take the pitch. Interesting times at Telford!!!
:scratchhead:
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

bix_the_dog wrote:
PitmanKeith wrote:Why do so many people have this hate fixation with Rob & Larry.
Absolutely. Leaving for a better offer after five good seasons is very different to doing the same after five or six months...
It's not that, it was the hypocrisy of saying that they were happy here (at a HTFCSA Meeting if I remember correctly) and then less than a week later pi**ing off to Teflon.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Ah right, my hednesford managerial hypocrisy memory cache has been filled a few times over since then.
thethumb

Post by thethumb »

Some people have short memories. They decimated our squad when in conference north which contributed to our relegation and put a load of cr** on contract such as Kyle Perry. I will not make them welcome at Keys Park. They will probably end up at Walsall Wood where all the pitmen rejects end up!
Chips and gravy??
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

thethumb wrote:Some people have short memories. They decimated our squad when in conference north which contributed to our relegation and put a load of cr** on contract such as Kyle Perry. I will not make them welcome at Keys Park. They will probably end up at Walsall Wood where all the pitmen rejects end up!

Utter B*ll**ks

I must have dreamt promotion, the Staffs Senior Cup, Southern League Cup et al then.

And the best managerial record in recent history at Hednesford by a country mile must be a figment of my imagination.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm with Keith on this one. Yes, they cocked up with Perry and Ennis. Both were good players, but their attitudes were dreadful. I'm not blaming Rob and Larry for our relegation, they did what they had to do for Telford and we saw MacDonald bring a load of players here which probably kept us up last season.
:scratchhead:
thethumb

Post by thethumb »

It's all a bit immaterial seeing as they won't be coming here again anyway. You will have to save your red carpet for someone else...
Chips and gravy??
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

thethumb wrote:It's all a bit immaterial seeing as they won't be coming here again anyway. You will have to save your red carpet for someone else...
Who says?
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Re: The Bucks Thread

Post by Glyn »

I've renamed the thread since it seems this one is going to run and run...

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... full-time/

I think they may be renamed "AFC Wolves" by the time they go full-time.....
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Rob Edwards decides Bucks aren't keeping Danny Westwood after all...

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... rd-united/
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote:I've renamed the thread since it seems this one is going to run and run...
Did you ask?? :evil:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Del wrote:
Glyn wrote:I've renamed the thread since it seems this one is going to run and run...
Did you ask?? :evil:
No, I used my mystery powers

:twisted: :-D
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

... now using Wolves' training ground....

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... standards/