Situations Vacant

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Re: Situations Vacant

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

They still can't find anyone... gizza job, I could do that...

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Pretty well everything then...
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Remembering that they tried to sabotage our forum and our "vote on the kit" poll in the early days of HTFCSA...

https://www.staffordrangersfc.co.uk/sta ... me-editor/

Who's up for it - would be fun, for one match at least

:twisted:
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

Glyn wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 8:24 am Remembering that they tried to sabotage our forum and our "vote on the kit" poll in the early days of HTFCSA...

I'll see if I can find some crayons.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Del

Post by Del »

I wonder what the wages are? :think:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Del wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 8:59 am
I wonder what the wages are? :think:
Double what you've been on for all your years of proofreading the HTFC one...

;)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The Beerhunter wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 8:28 am
Glyn wrote: Mon Jun 22 2020 8:24 am Remembering that they tried to sabotage our forum and our "vote on the kit" poll in the early days of HTFCSA...

I'll see if I can find some crayons.
:mrgreen: :-D :clap:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

They must know something...

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Your chance to give up 20 hours of your free time (for nothing...)

https://www.thenpl.co.uk/football-secre ... n=football
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote: Sun Apr 18 2021 1:00 pm Your chance to give up 20 hours of your free time (for nothing...)
Been there .. done that! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Del

Post by Del »

Commercial Manager - unpaid role??

You're having a laugh!! One of the most needed and necessary positions at the Club taking a vast amount of time and energy, there needs to be some incentive for all the man hours needed, either a wage or some sort of commission offered.
When I first became a supporter of HTFC Terry Brumpton fulfilled that role (it was he who got me involved!!) - and since he left I don't think I could name one CM who took the role on and/or achieved anything!!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

More positivity del 👍👍

Myself along with most others are unpaid around the club, this includes vice chair, commercial director & others. The club cannot sustain anything else yet and we have a common goal. We’ve always said this is the first step for the club. We all have a common goal to achieve this. Once there things will change as we want everyone working there as paid roles. But until that point we need people would buy in to the long term plan for the good of the club.

So incentives are there for all. Along with other perks not listed (including commission). It’s about getting the right people first, who can help us on this journey, hence why it’s advertised the way it is.
Del

Post by Del »

Oh I'm positive enough Graham .. I just know what is involved with the CM's job and how much it takes out of a person!!

Can you explain why a Commercial Manager is needed when you also mention a Commercial Director though? Not usually a similar role needed by a 'small' club.

:clap: :clap:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

So do I. I’m not paid for anything I’m doing for the club. Should I pack up? Same reasons. Long term success is why I do it for everyone. As most others around the club also.

And yes. Problem shared is problem halved as goes the saying. We not where we want to be commercially yet (mainly down to corona) and we want to have a focus on this beyond where results are for this element presently. Simple economics.

The view is, if we don’t ask for help, we won’t get it. We’ve always said we need everyone, nothings changed. We’re just getting more time (mainly as I don’t have to deal with a lot of contracts and paperwork now) so we move into all areas to improve and grow the club wherever we can.

Also just because we’re a “small” club, doesn’t mean we have to approach things with that mentality. If we want to be a “big” club, we must act accordingly also. As life it’s all a balance. Think we’ve done ok as a club in the last 12 months all things considered. Me personally, I’m proud of where things around the club have developed too. I just hope we pick up where we left off on the pitch. As ultimately, no matter what else we do, results count and matter most of all. That’s football.

🤞🤞🤞
Del

Post by Del »

Point I am trying to make Graham is that a CM's job is pretty much full time, so if it is also unpaid then you are looking either at a retired person with time on their hands (plus a good pension) and, with no offence meant in any way, probably too old to be driving and trudging around all the local businesses trying to drum up trade 5/6 days a week - or a wealthy young lottery winner who doesn't need to work for a living and has all the time in the world to give for no return! If you find one of those then maybe he/she would like to buy the Club anyway!
I can give you a couple of addresses in Dubai! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

Yes I do understand del.

So maybe on this basis I should stand down as again I’m not paid, I’m not a lottery winner, and I put in around 60+ hours a week to the club. I’m sure you see the frustration from me given these circumstances.

Why do I do it? For the success of the club long term. Same as everyone else helping (and everyone who helped before our tenure I’m sure - including yourself).

And yes your points are very valid and correct on respect who/what we get given this. So yes please addresses for Dubai would be a great starting point 👍🤣
Del

Post by Del »

Graham Jones wrote: Tue Apr 20 2021 9:26 am So yes please addresses for Dubai would be a great starting point 👍🤣
For starters you could try:

HH The Crown Prince of Dubai
PO BOX 545
DUBAI
United Arab Emirates

Also .. I have a very rich cousin in Nigeria who has been trying to send me $75 million, I could forward his email address to you?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Ale Fan On Tour

Post by Ale Fan On Tour »

Non league football relies on volunteers and without their support would struggle to function, as someone who's undertaken multitude of tasks at HTFC (not commercial manager though ;) ) it's a great way to connect further with your club and regardless of how much you can volunteer your support always welcome. I was young :-D when I started but think average age of volunteers probably 60+ :think: , we need some younger support before we all get too old to help out ;). Joking aside, our increasing ages was one of the factors why we ended up disbanding the Travel Club after unsuccessfully trying to recruit younger volunteers to help run it.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Ale Fan On Tour wrote: Tue Apr 20 2021 10:18 am Non league football relies on volunteers and without their support would struggle to function, as someone who's undertaken multitude of tasks at HTFC (not commercial manager though ;) ) it's a great way to connect further with your club and regardless of how much you can volunteer your support always welcome. I was young :-D when I started but think average age of volunteers probably 60+ :think: , we need some younger support before we all get too old to help out ;). Joking aside, our increasing ages was one of the factors why we ended up disbanding the Travel Club after unsuccessfully trying to recruit younger volunteers to help run it.
...we need to find some way of getting younger fans into our games.
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

Ale Fan On Tour wrote: Tue Apr 20 2021 10:18 am Non league football relies on volunteers and without their support would struggle to function ....
I've been saying that for years!
It's just that certain roles need slightly more commitment than a volunteer would give!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »