Missed the game? Catch up here.
Jon

Hednesford v Altrincham Highlights

Post by Jon »

Glyn

Re: Hednesford v Altrincham Highlights

Post by Glyn »

Thanks as ever Jon... points arising:

a) such cool defending by Dis to hook that one off the line after Dan had got a hand to it

b) Tayls just oozes class in everything he does, doesn't he... and I'm not "just saying that", I've been saying it ever since he arrived - and for the benefit of those who didn't have the viewpoint on the opposite side of the ground (as we did) of his goal, that wasn't volleyed with his instep, it was with the outside of his ankle. Tremendous skill.

c) The "penalty" - 1) outside the box 2) in my book it wasn't even a foul anyway, the guy just stumbled 3) but the ref cooked his goose by pointing clearly to the spot and brandishing his yellow card

Sadly the camera panned away just as Walshaw did whatever he did, but watch the lino on 6.50 explaining to the ref what he had seen, and to me he seems to make a head-butt motion. Quite how they agreed on a yellow card, or on a free kick outside the box, only they will ever know
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Re: Hednesford v Altrincham Highlights

Post by Perton Pitman »

...if anything the push in Marv's back on 4.15 was more of a penalty. Have to agree that their guy stumbled (I won't say he dived) and thereafter a half-decent performance by the ref quickly degenerated into farce. Clearly he and the lino agreed between them to give a yellow card to Walshaw for whatever he did

True to say that our defence looked a little porous towards the end, whereas Alty were well organized and resolute
:scratchhead: