The Ig Nobel Prizes 2013

You can add your jokes or other humorous items here for us all to enjoy .. BUT PLEASE KEEP THEM CLEAN .. or you could face a ban!!
Soup Dragon

The Ig Nobel Prizes 2013

Post by Soup Dragon »

Found this within the digital edition of the Daily to which I subscribe.

These Awards are basically for research that “first makes you laugh, then makes you think”.

The winner of the Prize in Probability went to Dr Tolkamp for “two related discoveries: first, that the longer a cow has been lying down, the more likely that cow will soon stand up; and second, that once a cow stands up, you cannot easily predict how soon that cow will lie down again”.

Priceless!
:clap:
It took me years to understand "here's" from "hears", so their you go!
Del

Re: The Ig Nobel Prizes 2013

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Soup Dragon wrote:Found this within the digital edition of the Daily to which I subscribe.

These Awards are basically for research that “first makes you laugh, then makes you think”.

The winner of the Prize in Probability went to Dr Tolkamp for “two related discoveries: first, that the longer a cow has been lying down, the more likely that cow will soon stand up; and second, that once a cow stands up, you cannot easily predict how soon that cow will lie down again”.

Priceless!
:clap:
Have you got any udder examples?
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

As Five Live are inclined to say when they can't be bothered reading out all last night's football results....

"A full list of results is available on our website"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24061992

Doesn't it just delight you to know that so many great scientific minds are devoted to such vital research?

:roll: :twisted: :clap:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34