Re-arranged Marine match 24th January 2012

For 2019/2020 travel to away games please see the pages above entitled "Grayshells 'New' Travel Club"
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Re-arranged Marine match 24th January 2012

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

Further to previous post please note that the travel club due to limited funds can only run a coach to the re-arranged Marine match if we are able to secure at least £200-00 of sponsorship and 20 travel on the day, failure to meet both of these conditions means we will not be running a coach as we do not have the required funds to do so.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Re: Re-arranged Marine match 24th January 2012

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

The Beerhunter advised that my original post may have been somewhat abrupt, apologies for that. If there are any kind sponsors out there who would like to assist with funding a coach to Marine that would be very much appreciated as we would like to run a coach but unfortunately do not have sufficient funds to enable us to do so.
Ian

Post by Ian »

i am looking in to geting some sponserships for the travel club i am now waiting on to pubs one n cannock and one in chadsmoor but we may have to use the venues through the season so when i now i will post it on here
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Ian wrote:i am looking in to geting some sponserships for the travel club i am now waiting on to pubs one n cannock and one in chadsmoor but we may have to use the venues through the season so when i now i will post it on here
Thanks Ian but do please ensure that you have the agreement and authority of either the Travel Club and/or the SA Committee before agreeing any deals
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Thora Hird

Post by Thora Hird »

Do the club do a fundraising element for the travel club ? There have to be fans out there with no other means of transport who would love to attend away matches who perhaps cant afford a seat otherwise ? Dont know , could be talking rubbish as im new to the site ( and as a club supporter) but thought I would mention it, just an idea but I dont know many travel clubs who manage to make ends meet on a continually sucsessful basis and yours seems to be really well supported already. As i said, just an idea...
Del

Post by Del »

As the Travel Club is run independently from the Football Club, then I would guess it is down to them to raise their own funds, the Football Club would not subsidise them unless it was a very special occasion!

Good point though .... a car-boot sale in the Club car-park on Sunday morning would raise a few bob .... (speaking from experience here!)
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Mark

Post by Mark »

It is independent - although I know the club are 100% committed to supporting the travel club where they can. This of course has to be balanced up against what the club can actually afford in relation to subsidising fees.

HTFCSA are very keen to help the travel club too, we donated £100 from our race night last year to help them put on a coach for this specific game.

What we need is the coaches full every game to make the profit to keep it going... so if you are thinking of travelling to an away game, please use the travel club. You will be doing your bit for the environment by not driving, and also saving costs in relation to the cost of petrol.
Del

Post by Del »

Mark wrote:
HTFCSA are very keen to help the travel club too, we donated £100 from our race night last year to help them put on a coach for this specific game.

So that guarantees an away (crows) of at least 56!! :scarf:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21