Post by Perton Pitman »

Cheers Jon
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Re: Hednesford v Grantham highlights

Post by Glyn »

Thanks as ever Jon...

points arising:

a) Ozzy fouled 4 times in the first half (and that's just from edited highlights), is he the most fouled player in the league this season?

b) GOTS contender from Bails, centre-backs have no right to score goals like that (I'm reminded of an overhead-kick from Gary Cahill for Villa against their Second-City rivals before MON decided Cahill wasn't good enough for Villa [now playing regularly for England and the European Champions of course, but how could I ever doubt MON's judgement :roll: (muppet) ])

c) ... and Bails also showing captaincy credentials by stepping in to break up potential flashpoints.... memo to opponents, don't pick a fight with Ben...

d) Hadn't realised just how well Woolfie played, and how many superb crosses and final balls he put in.... and, as Scott said on Twitter, yellow-carded for "having the ball kicked at him"

Funny old game isn't it...

:roll:

We don't want to give all our secrets away but I wouldn't mind if forthcoming opponents took a look at those highlights, some coruscating football and enough to strike fear into their hearts....

:-D
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

To be fair to the ref. Woolfie didn't go out of his way to retreat 10 yards and had an opponent did what he did when 'chasing' the game (not sure Grantham were ever in the match) we'd have all been shouting for a yellow card so a reasonable decision in my view.
I did suggest to someone that Ozzy be taken off at some point as the law of averages suggests that he will pick up a nasty injury at some time given the reckless nature of tackling by some teams
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote:To be fair to the ref. Woolfie didn't go out of his way to retreat 10 yards and had an opponent did what he did when 'chasing' the game (not sure Grantham were ever in the match) we'd have all been shouting for a yellow card so a reasonable decision in my view.
I did suggest to someone that Ozzy be taken off at some point as the law of averages suggests that he will pick up a nasty injury at some time given the reckless nature of tackling by some teams
a) Yes. But (and I understand that FIFA are reviewing the offside law, which they changed to break something which worked.... [but see below*]) one still wonders how you get yellow-carded for that but not for taking someone off at the knees... maybe the law-makers need to review this...

b) Great minds, see my comments on the updates thread

* Phil Parkes, Sedgley-born ex-Walsall/QPR/WHU keeper told the tale on talkSPORT today that he had a goal disallowed when he hoofed the ball from his own box and over the keeper's head, it was scrubbed out because one of his team-mates was ahead of the last defender just inside their half when Parkes kicked it. But even that should have been covered by the "interfering with play" clause.... and maybe even by officials using common sense.... oh, sorry, silly me... :roll: ;)

Sorry, I went off at a tangent there...

:-D
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34