Official Website - Mobile Version (Beta)

Turns out past lives are a thing!
Dobba
Site Admin

Official Website - Mobile Version (Beta)

Post by Dobba »

After a spell of designs, redesigns and some technical headaches the official website was launched almost a year ago (February 1st 2012 to be exact) and has averaged just over 11,000 visits a month since.

Data states that around 40% of visits are made by people using mobile devices. Those of you who have accessed the website on a mobile device will have noticed that it is not optimised for the smaller screen and requires horizontal scrolling (a web designer's nightmare) to access all of the data on a page. Obviously a lot of work has gone into making the web presence of the football club as user-friendly as possible with Facebook and Twitter being a portal to the latest information on both the official and SA websites as well as answering questions raised by supporters old and new. The visitor numbers I mentioned above seem to suggest that this could be built upon by making the website easier to access "on the move".

The situation a year or so ago with the then official website being unavailable for a variety of reasons meant I was in a bit of a hurry to get the new website designed and online so a responsive design played second fiddle to the time constraints. However, better late than never, I'm making the website mobile friendly with version 1.0 now online to those accessing it via a mobile device.
1.0 is in beta so feedback on any issues you have with it and how you feel it could be improved would be greatly appreciated and will help the site continue to develop.

Happy surfing,

Ben
Site Admin
Glyn

Re: Official Website - Mobile Version (Beta)

Post by Glyn »

Hi Ben

Further to email I've just sent you saying that the home page design is now back to normal.... the daft thing is that when I try to scroll right to access the forum link (is that the "horizontal scrolling" you refer to?) - it won't let me...

Not a problem since I can access this forum via "favourites" where of course I've had it for ages but it might want another tweak?

Thanks as ever for all your efforts

GB
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Scott

Post by Scott »

Just had a quick browse via my mobile and all looks good to me Ben.

Thanks for your continued efforts in making sure we have the best website in the league.

Scott
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn wrote:Hi Ben

Further to email I've just sent you saying that the home page design is now back to normal.... the daft thing is that when I try to scroll right to access the forum link (is that the "horizontal scrolling" you refer to?) - it won't let me...

Not a problem since I can access this forum via "favourites" where of course I've had it for ages but it might want another tweak?
Sorted. Thanks

:clap: :)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn wrote:
Glyn wrote:Hi Ben

Sorted. Thanks

:clap: :)
Recurring now - doh!

:roll: :doh: :twisted:
Dobba
Site Admin

Post by Dobba »

What browser do you use Glyn? I'm trying to recreate the problem so I know how best to fix it.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Dobba wrote:What browser do you use Glyn? I'm trying to recreate the problem so I know how best to fix it.
Sorted again now Ben... but don't ask me technical questions!!

:roll: :doh: :oops: :mrgreen:
Del

Post by Del »

Lol ... Glyn usually browses over coffee during his morning break --- with his naughty mag in the other hand!!

:roll:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21