Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Rambling Syd

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

Post by Rambling Syd »

Disappointed to hear Jai has left, he was top of the list of 3 or 4 players from last season I would have held onto despite our poor season. Along with the announcement of the warm weather training camp, I just hope we're not trying to run at this too quickly. Personally I would have liked to see how Jai in particular would have performed with better players around him. He's certainly good enough to play step 3 and 4 and retention of a few faces would have given us a feel of transition rather than revolution!
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I think we ran Jai into the ground last season and going into the last month of the season, wasn’t anywhere near effective as he had been.

Call me crazy, but I don’t think we’ll miss him that much.

With Harry his instructions were to stay out wide but with Moore he was given the freedom to come inside, in a more “10” and looked great at running at defenders but his final ball was always suspect, where that be from out wide and trying to thread it through from 10
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Anyone else getting worried about the lack of signings or am i just being paranoid?
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

You're not the only one!

I thought with the delay of the manager being announced, the signings were already in place and would follow the manager in being announced.

At this rate, we'll either be calling the Coleshill friendly off or we'll all be bringing our boots.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Don't think players can be registered till July 1st so if we have agreed some decent ones we could just be being canny and not alerting other clubs to nip in and steal.
Players can sign a deal with you but until it's actually registered it's not legally binding.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Thanks guys, wasnt aware of the 1st of july rule so guessing you may just be right there keith.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Hoggie

Post by Hoggie »

It has become something of a modern phenomenon for non league clubs to advertise signing players prior to 1st July registration date opening. Managers are trusting players and taking them on there word that they will sign, when in reality all you are doing is advertising the availabilty and putting a player in the spotlight. It doubt it does very much to increase season ticker sales. I think we've already seen a player or two agree to sign for one only then to be announced signing for another.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I guess it's the modern way. The days of a player's word being his bond are long gone and so we should get used to the cloak and dagger approach. We also like to appear to take the dramatic approach when making announcements.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Hoggie wrote: Mon Jun 10 2024 10:06 pm It has become something of a modern phenomenon for non league clubs to advertise signing players prior to 1st July registration date opening. Managers are trusting players and taking them on there word that they will sign, when in reality all you are doing is advertising the availabilty and putting a player in the spotlight. It doubt it does very much to increase season ticker sales. I think we've already seen a player or two agree to sign for one only then to be announced signing for another.
I don’t think it does advertise availability. Managers know everyone not on contract is available whether they are announced or not. I don’t see the problem in announcing players before July.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Hoggie

Post by Hoggie »

It has become something of a modern phenomenon for non league clubs

I don’t think it does advertise availability. Managers know everyone not on contract is available whether they are announced or not. I don’t see the problem in announcing players before July.
[/quote]
Lee K wrote: Tue Jun 11 2024 5:56 pm
Hoggie wrote: Mon Jun 10 2024 10:06 pm It has become something of a modern phenomenon for non league clubs to advertise signing players prior to 1st July registration date opening. Managers are trusting players and taking them on there word that they will sign, when in reality all you are doing is advertising the availabilty and putting a player in the spotlight. It doubt it does very much to increase season ticker sales. I think we've already seen a player or two agree to sign for one only then to be announced signing for another.
I can assure you it does. I worked with a manager whom insisted that the club did not publish whom he had signed because previously he had lost a player that had been announced only for another manager to phone the player and offer x amount more. He even had a club put 7 days in for a player whom signed just after 1st July but before the season had even started. His moto, out of sight, out of mind.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

apparently we have a squad of 18 players but can't announce who the are yet
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Fillet

Post by Fillet »

Roll on 01 July when we can find out who the new players are, and learn a bit about them.

if they're all off training together, this will really help generate team spirit and get them to gel as a team ready to come out fighting for the badge, club, supporters and community.

It really is exciting times here at Hednesford
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Jun 15 2024 11:15 am Defender signs for the Pitmen

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... tt-johnson

Do we know who the other guy Cant is .. and what position he prefers?
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

So we signed two players from two levels above and one from three levels above. Any more of this and we’ll have the title wrapped up by February.

Johnson wasn’t even released by Dagenham, he was in discussions over a new contract:

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-Nwy8TIsRcJH6yLMaq_z
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

We've made some really exciting signings so far. We probably have the biggest budget in the league and possibly the biggest at step 4 so it is likely that we will have a successful season. Other clubs will see us as a real scalp and there will be high expectations amongst our fans and everyone connected with the club.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Sounds like we have another incoming at 18:00...
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

bix_the_dog wrote: Sun Jun 16 2024 12:45 pm Sounds like we have another incoming at 18:00...
Mbappe I've heard🤣🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Gone Early

Attacking midfielder Trickett-Smith from Leek..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... kett-smith
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Some signing this is!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote: Sun Jun 16 2024 3:27 pm Gone early..

Attacking midfielder Trickett-Smith from Leek..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... kett-smith
This is a great signing, best player at Leek over the last few years and is a proven success in this league.
njp

Post by njp »

Brilliant signing! I’ve been a big fan of his for a long time.
:lol:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Interview with Trickett-Smith

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A major signing in my view. He has been successful at this level for a few years and he is in his prime. I don't know much about the Step 2 and 1 players we have signed, but if can emulate the strategy employed by Rob Smith a decade ago and sign the best players in the league then this puts us into a good place. I still have reservations about signing players from Step 1 as they will cost huge money, relocating them won't be cheap and isn't sustainable in the long term, but signing the likes of Trickett-Smith is a great move.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

https://macclesfieldfc.com/latest-news/ ... m-stadium/

This guy has just walked out on Macclesfield. Terrific scoring record with FC Utd, Radcliffe and Macc in the NPL might be worth a look.
However it does say he's looking at a higher level.