Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Lee K

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

Post by Lee K »

Graham Jones wrote: Wed Aug 03 2022 7:16 pm Someone else. 👍
Has he played for us in any of the friendlies Graham?
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Are we envisaging any more player activity before Saturday Graham or is that it?
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

Lee K wrote: Wed Aug 03 2022 7:21 pm
Graham Jones wrote: Wed Aug 03 2022 7:16 pm Someone else. 👍
Has he played for us in any of the friendlies Graham?
No games just trained for us. Saw the opportunity and took it as his background speaks for itself. Management did the normal due diligence 👍
Graham Jones

Post by Graham Jones »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Aug 03 2022 8:07 pm Are we envisaging any more player activity before Saturday Graham or is that it?
We’re trying….. but it’s in many complex positions. 2 or 3 irons in fires. Even I have no idea if they will happen or not. You never know what crops up at this stage too. Always last minute goings on behind the scenes.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I suspect Wilding's arrival will see someone leave. The squad is pretty large and needs trimming back .
:scratchhead:
C D S

Post by C D S »

Great to see a defensive midfielder coming in so hopefully that'll shut my big fat mouth about bringing one in. Quick text exchange between me and my former workmate who's a Sunderland season ticket holder earlier and he sounds very promising; big and strong, decent engine and good organisational qualities - he was captain of Sunderland's U23s for a spell in 2020-2021. Did well at South Shields at the back end of last season and they were quite keen to bring him in permanently apparently but he's chosen to move back to the Midlands instead at the end of his Sunderland deal.

I can think of a couple of pre-season's underwhelming performers under threat with this signing so I'd also expect the squad to be thinned out in the coming days and weeks. Now, about that centre-back... :think:
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Graham Jones wrote: Wed Aug 03 2022 8:13 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Aug 03 2022 8:07 pm Are we envisaging any more player activity before Saturday Graham or is that it?
We’re trying….. but it’s in many complex positions. 2 or 3 irons in fires. Even I have no idea if they will happen or not. You never know what crops up at this stage too. Always last minute goings on behind the scenes.
Thank you Graham, fingers crossed then👍
Dobba
Site Admin

Post by Dobba »

Seems Wilding had a decent spell with Gloucester City during pre-season. Seen a few of their fans disappointed that they couldn't keep hold of him.
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

He’s a local lad and found travelling down to Gloucester for training and such to much has he wants to get a part time job so was more than happy to sign for us.
I can tell you he is more than useful.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

The amount of times we’ve been told a player has chosen to sign for us ahead of a club in a higher league just puts more and more pressure on KMR to achieve. If the players are so good and we fail to make the play-offs the fault can only be down to the quality of the management….
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

I think we have assembled a decent squad seems to be a few youngsters from the youth team in around the squad this year. Wilding is a great signing South Shields supporter told me he was more than capable to play the level above and a good squad player at national league level. Still think we are a central defender, winger and a forward away from competing for the playoffs but in Graham, Ade and Terry sure they are trying to get a couple over the line. UTP
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I hear Lycett has gone. Can't get on the official site to confirm.
Might be best for him in the long term as I don't think KMR was a huge fan as evidenced by the amount of messing around we saw in PSFs
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I can’t get on the official site but the story has been posted to Facebook.
It’s a ridiculous decision if you ask me. How old is he? 18? And he’s one of our best players at that age? We’re left with Harry Manton who isn’t any near as good unless we announce a signing. Just find it really strange how KMR puts a lot of faith in youth and then gets rid of one of the best that has come through the system.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

None of us can get on the OS (oh, yes we can, see links below) but Twitter is giving us the clues

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... rts-pitmen

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... ater-today
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I believe that Cameron has signed which is great news. I think what will happen is that Portman will play left back - KMR rates him - and Cameron will play alongside Ison.
I agree that Lycett has been badly treated - he is a good player and I don't think he was well looked after. Mind you, we've seen this before with the likes of Ben Bailey.
I would like to thank Lycett for his service and wish him well for the future - I am sure he will have a good career and sometimes you are better off moving on if you aren't being valued.

Well done to the club on getting Cameron is - a great signing for us.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

This is the signing we all wanted and hopefully bring some organisation and calm to the defence.
I saw Cameron play a few times last season for Kidderminster and he is an exceptional defender. In their play-off eliminator against Boston last season he had to leave the field twice to be patched up because he likes to put his head where it hurts. Our other defenders should improve with Cameron around them and it’s almost makes up for the loss of Lycett. I’m sure Portman will move to left back and it’ll be interesting to see what he can offer with his distribution in attack.
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

Great signing kudos to graham,ade and terry getting this one over the line! 👍🏻
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

By Carter going it’s probably released the finance for Cameron.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
C D S

Post by C D S »

Great stuff 👏🏻 I know a lot has been going on behind the scenes to get Nathan's signature over the line - a proper statement signing and one that instantly improves the team. We know all too well how much experience pays in this league so a step in the right direction.

Good luck to young Lycett; I expect him to be snapped up by a local step three team quite quickly. He was rarely played in his best position on the left wing and was never comfortable when asked to play in defence as he always had a clanger in him. A few teams in pre-season seemed to spot a weakness at left-back and looked to exploit it - we conceded a lot of goals down that side. It’s been a problem position since Foxy left; we’ve been ‘making do’ with untried youngsters and/or the likes of Curley/Griffiths/Webb/Mendez-Jones playing out of position there since then.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

C D S wrote: Wed Aug 10 2022 7:35 pm Great stuff 👏🏻 I know a lot has been going on behind the scenes to get Nathan's signature over the line - a proper statement signing and one that instantly improves the team. We know all too well how much experience pays in this league so a step in the right direction.

Good luck to young Lycett; I expect him to be snapped up by a local step three team quite quickly. He was rarely played in his best position on the left wing and was never comfortable when asked to play in defence as he always had a clanger in him. A few teams in pre-season seemed to spot a weakness at left-back and looked to exploit it - we conceded a lot of goals down that side. It’s been a problem position since Foxy left; we’ve been ‘making do’ with untried youngsters and/or the likes of Curley/Griffiths/Webb/Mendez-Jones playing out of position there since then.
My only worry is it looks like we will continue to play youngsters in the left back position, probably either Portman or Manton.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

One hopes Portman continues to improve. Mind you, when they think he is good enough, Stourbridge will come back for him!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »