Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
C D S

Post by C D S »

Welcome all. Not a lot in the way of relevant step three experience or quality on paper, so we shall see what these guys bring; dual registration suggests these are bodies to pad out the numbers for the busy SSC/BSC schedule this week. Most of these signings look DoF-related based on their past club history as I can’t see where/how Danny would know about them, so I’m a little dubious about the context of the ‘Glover bags 4’ title.

Another four players closer to the record if they play, this will take us into the fifties already for players used this season.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

C D S wrote: Mon Jan 09 2023 2:07 pm Welcome all. Not a lot in the way of relevant step three experience or quality on paper, so we shall see what these guys bring; dual registration suggests these are bodies to pad out the numbers for the busy SSC/BSC schedule this week. Most of these signings look DoF-related based on their past club history as I can’t see where/how Danny would know about them, so I’m a little dubious about the context of the ‘Glover bags 4’ title.

Another four players closer to the record if they play, this will take us into the fifties already for players used this season.
Spelling me thinks should say Deakin bags four👍🤣
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/foru ... 06#p103606

You may all like to refresh your memories of the current squad.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

On that thread, isn't Joe Morley now at Chasetown?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Glyn wrote: Tue Jan 10 2023 9:38 am On that thread, isn't Joe Morley now at Chasetown?
As with Williams loan at Sutton it has never been confirmed by the club that Morley has left or indeed Williams loan has ended.
To quote a good friend of mine "we don't deal in rumours".

🤣🤣🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Jan 10 2023 10:30 am
Glyn wrote: Tue Jan 10 2023 9:38 am On that thread, isn't Joe Morley now at Chasetown?
As with Williams loan at Sutton it has never been confirmed by the club that Morley has left or indeed Williams loan has ended.
To quote a good friend of mine "we don't deal in rumours".

🤣🤣🤣
I have just received clarity from the club regarding certain player situations which have caused some confusion with supporters.
I can now confirm that Rhys Williams, Joe Morley and Samir Nabi are all playing under dual registrations with other clubs. They are still available at anytime to play for Hednesford as and when required, it doesn't work like a loan and as senior club in all three situations Hednesford have first call if required.
Hope this clears up confusion and here is a link to the squad which I am now confident is bang up to date, for today at least🤣🤣

http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/foru ... php?t=5229
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

:clap:
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

A loan signing from Wycombe for a month, a centre back.
C D S

Post by C D S »

Steph Morley signs:

Now that, I have to say, is a very impressive signing. The sort of quality player I was hoping Morrell could bring in but didn't. Absolutely oodles of step two experience for Bucks, Leamington, Tamworth and Kettering.

Am I allowed to point out it's Stephan and not Stephen though? :think:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

C D S wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 7:51 pm Steph Morley signs:

Now that, I have to say, is a very impressive signing. The sort of quality player I was hoping Morrell could bring in but didn't. Absolutely oodles of step two experience for Bucks, Leamington, Tamworth and Kettering.

Am I allowed to point out it's Stephan and not Stephen though? :think:
My thoughts entirely, an excellent signing but how do we get to spell the first name of such an experienced and well known local Non-League footballer incorrectly?
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Interesting replies here, although I can’t find his Twitter account to which they refer…
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

C D S

Post by C D S »

Lee K wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 8:06 pm Interesting replies here, although I can’t find his Twitter account to which they refer…
This tweet perhaps? Alludes to not being paid by Kettering for services rendered:

And again see comments, including a bit of a dig from Agustien as well at the Poppies' behind-the-scenes shenanigans.

Nice to have a proper left-back on the books again and not someone filling in out of position and/or some child. It's been a while.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

C D S wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 8:21 pm
Lee K wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 8:06 pm Interesting replies here, although I can’t find his Twitter account to which they refer…
This tweet perhaps? Alludes to not being paid by Kettering for services rendered:

And again see comments, including a bit of a dig from Agustien as well at the Poppies' behind-the-scenes shenanigans.

Nice to have a proper left-back on the books again and not someone filling in out of position and/or some child. It's been a while.
Indeed, and LOL at the Redditch manager tarting himself about…
C D S

Post by C D S »

Lee K wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 8:02 pm
My thoughts entirely, an excellent signing but how do we get to spell the first name of such an experienced and well-known local Non-League footballer incorrectly?
He also didn't start his career at Hinckley United in 2010, he was at Kettering as a kid and played for Rugby Town (twice), Banbury United, King's Lynn and Halesowen Town between 2006-2010, clocking up over 100 starts for these clubs before moving to Hinckley. Just saying....
HaydenDando

Post by HaydenDando »

The press release for Stephan was done by me, it’s been a long day as we have all worked hard to get this signing completed in time for tomorrow at the same time as running my other businesses so apologies to anyone upset by my spelling error, similarly with his background info I relied on the wrong website to put that together.

It’s been a long day :doh:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

HaydenDando wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 10:29 pm The press release for Stephan was done by me, it’s been a long day as we have all worked hard to get this signing completed in time for tomorrow at the same time as running my other businesses so apologies to anyone upset by my spelling error, similarly with his background info I relied on the wrong website to put that together.

Well done Ade, I’m sure you’d be disappointed if the pedants on here lost interest… :-)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

HaydenDando wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 10:29 pm The press release for Stephan was done by me, it’s been a long day as we have all worked hard to get this signing completed in time for tomorrow at the same time as running my other businesses so apologies to anyone upset by my spelling error, similarly with his background info I relied on the wrong website to put that together.

Nice one Ade🤣.

There's plenty of us on here with a lot of local non league expertise, if you need any help just ask us we're only to willing to help out with stuff like this when needed.👍
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Fri Jan 13 2023 11:02 pm Well done Ade, I’m sure you’d be disappointed if the pedants on here lost interest… :-)
From the last two posts it's not only pedants we have on here!

I'll join in then - well done ADE, you can always post here for a good response! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Good to see we have attracted a player of this calibre. A sign perhaps that we can be relied upon to pay wages etc. Some clubs sail a bit too close to the wind when managing their money
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Jan 30 2023 8:12 pm Three leave Keys Park

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... art-pitmen
Heard good reports about Akinwe from the Studley game but he didn’t do much at Leek, Nabi needs to lose weight and take his tights off before he makes his next move, and Payne was OK but certainly not NLN level.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Loan ends following recall by parent club

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... d-by-stoke
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Jan 30 2023 9:26 pm Loan ends following recall by parent club

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/0 ... d-by-stoke
Luke has been excellent for a young player in a struggling team. Really impressed with his reading of the game and composure on the ball. He has a great future ahead of him if he continues to work hard.