Old Player Watch

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Dobba
Site Admin

Re: Old Player Watch

Post by Dobba »

Joel Logan has featured in the last couple of friendlies for FC United, after being released by Guiseley at the end of last season.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee and I were both at Kidder v Chorley today, on separate missions, he reporting, me with the paying customers (although it's cheaper for me to get in there than it is at Keys Park, and nearer to home, and a more pleasant journey, so I didn't mind... and speaking of journeys kick-off was delayed until 3.15pm as Chorley were delayed by an accident on the M6, which remains a nightmare on Saturdays...)

Digie was an unused sub for Kidder; but McQuilkin was the focal point of midfield, everything played through him, he took all the dead ball kicks, etc etc - a completely different player from the one we saw a few years ago. Wasted at right-back for the last 23 minutes after substitutions led to positional changes...

Tyrone Williams, playing left-centre-back alongside the immense Liam Daly, was solid, combative and quick to recover and win the ball back on a couple of occasions when he lost out in challenges. Also made a few surging runs forward, as he did when playing full-back for us.

That said, he got the deflection on the cross which brought about the only goal...

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/2017/08/ ... e-chorley/

Thus they lost to a tough Chorley side who did a professional job on them and, while both sides had other chances, it would have been 0-2 were it not for a sensational save from the Kidder keeper... I'll look for the highlights in the next day or two

It took 31 minutes for the home fans around me to start moaning (though there was plenty more as full-time approached and they rarely looked like scoring...) - we'll see how long it is before the home fans start at Keys Park next Saturday....
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

I was at Boundary Park (sorry, the Sportsdirect.com Stadium) today for Oldham v Oxford. Marvin Johnson at left back (!) for Oxford looking good.

Also a young fan had "Dunkley" on the back of their shirt, not sure if that counts a news of a former player...

Drifting off topic a bit, it was £24 for the cheapest seat. No that is not a typo. Rather than Neymar's transfer and wages, for me these kind of prices are the bizarre face of modern football.
Stuart Bowman
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Pitmanchester wrote:I was at Boundary Park (sorry, the Sportsdirect.com Stadium) today for Oldham v Oxford. Marvin Johnson at left back (!) for Oxford looking good.

Also a young fan had "Dunkley" on the back of their shirt, not sure if that counts a news of a former player...

Drifting off topic a bit, it was £24 for the cheapest seat. No that is not a typo. Rather than Neymar's transfer and wages, for me these kind of prices are the bizarre face of modern football.
Crazy. I paid £8 for Kidder-Chorley, (the joys of Over 60s getting the concessions discount, to which the Pitmen haven't yet caught on...) it would have been £14 for a younger person, or £16 to sit - which maybe puts that Oldham price into perspective, for an allegedly better standard of football

http://www.harriers.co.uk/admissions/

Elsewhere, Ahmed Obeng with both goals as Brakes start their NLN campaign with a win at Gainsborough

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeamingtonFC?p=s

(or maybe just one, depends where you look... http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/results)

And Barnes-Homer got Bucks' winner at York

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/rou ... orth-38161
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Sam Barnes with a rare goal for Colwyn Bay in a 3-2 PSF win over Romulus

https://twitter.com/ColwynBayFC
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote:Lee and I were both at Kidder v Chorley today, on separate missions, he reporting, me with the paying customers (although it's cheaper for me to get in there than it is at Keys Park, and nearer to home, and a more pleasant journey, so I didn't mind... and speaking of journeys kick-off was delayed until 3.15pm as Chorley were delayed by an accident on the M6, which remains a nightmare on Saturdays...)

Digie was an unused sub for Kidder; but McQuilkin was the focal point of midfield, everything played through him, he took all the dead ball kicks, etc etc - a completely different player from the one we saw a few years ago. Wasted at right-back for the last 23 minutes after substitutions led to positional changes...

Tyrone Williams, playing left-centre-back alongside the immense Liam Daly, was solid, combative and quick to recover and win the ball back on a couple of occasions when he lost out in challenges. Also made a few surging runs forward, as he did when playing full-back for us.

That said, he got the deflection on the cross which brought about the only goal...

Thus they lost to a tough Chorley side who did a professional job on them and, while both sides had other chances, it would have been 0-2 were it not for a sensational save from the Kidder keeper... I'll look for the highlights in the next day or two

It took 31 minutes for the home fans around me to start moaning (though there was plenty more as full-time approached and they rarely looked like scoring...) - we'll see how long it is before the home fans start at Keys Park next Saturday....
It cost me the time of walking to the office to pick up my "media ticket" to get in, where I was presented with a free programme. Oh, and the free cup of tea and two free custard creams as the second half started. I've had a free programme working at Wrexham before, and free refreshments at Alfreton, but never both. I like Kiddy!
Completely agree with Glyn's match summary, Chorley are big, strong and powerful. They won't beat anyone 5-0 this season but they won't concede many at all. Kiddy couldn't quite get it together, they've suffered from losing a number of players over the summer (including 3 of the back 4 to Fylde) and both the manager and chairman speak in the programme of being "competitive" but nothing else. However, I saw Kiddy twice last season and they were brilliant, I think John Eustace has had an excellent start to his managerial career and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.
Attendance 1,793 with 130 coming from Chorley, it was a nice way to start the season!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote:
Glyn wrote:Lee and I were both at Kidder v Chorley today, on separate missions, he reporting, me with the paying customers (although it's cheaper for me to get in there than it is at Keys Park, and nearer to home, and a more pleasant journey, so I didn't mind... and speaking of journeys kick-off was delayed until 3.15pm as Chorley were delayed by an accident on the M6, which remains a nightmare on Saturdays...)

It cost me the time of walking to the office to pick up my "media ticket" to get in, where I was presented with a free programme. Oh, and the free cup of tea and two free custard creams as the second half started. I've had a free programme working at Wrexham before, and free refreshments at Alfreton, but never both. I like Kiddy!
Completely agree with Glyn's match summary, Chorley are big, strong and powerful. They won't beat anyone 5-0 this season but they won't concede many at all. Kiddy couldn't quite get it together, they've suffered from losing a number of players over the summer (including 3 of the back 4 to Fylde) and both the manager and chairman speak in the programme of being "competitive" but nothing else. However, I saw Kiddy twice last season and they were brilliant, I think John Eustace has had an excellent start to his managerial career and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.
Attendance 1,793 with 130 coming from Chorley, it was a nice way to start the season!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote:
Lee K wrote:

Did you want to say something? :?
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote:
Glyn wrote:
Lee K wrote:

Did you want to say something? :?
Nah, silence is assent

:roll: :doh: :oops: :twisted:

You have to make allowances for me, I'm old

:-D :mrgreen:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The highlights of the above game have finally made it online... the OG Ty Williams scored was a lot harder than the chance he missed at the same end early on...

And you'll notice that it went very dark at half-time...

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Durrell with an assist against Hartlepool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40786068
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

I went to FC United on Tuesday, an absolute cracker that saw Spennymoor hang on for a 3-2 win. Joel Logan was unimpressive for the home side although did put in one decent cross they scored from.

All in all a great advert for non league football. £10 in, great facilities, free shuttle bus from the station and the club office gave a free metal club badge to my German friend friend who is visiting us.

Continuing the thread drift, a lad called Nathan Lowe played central midfield for FCUM and looked a very good player indeed.
Stuart Bowman
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Pitmanchester wrote:I went to FC United on Tuesday, an absolute cracker that saw Spennymoor hang on for a 3-2 win. Joel Logan was unimpressive for the home side although did put in one decent cross they scored from.

All in all a great advert for non league football. £10 in, great facilities, free shuttle bus from the station and the club office gave a free metal club badge to my German friend friend who is visiting us.

Continuing the thread drift, a lad called Nathan Lowe played central midfield for FCUM and looked a very good player indeed.
Loving that phrase.... :-D

Highlights here, suggesting it could easily have finished 4-12, if the players all knew how to pass the ball into the net, as did the scorer of FCUM's 2nd goal

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-2849976
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Nice one. Won't have to move house either...

:clap:
Dobba
Site Admin

Post by Dobba »

Hull seem very keen to bring Marvin Johnson in, if you believe the press.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote:Durrell with an assist against Hartlepool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40786068
He was also stretchered off with what could be a serious knee/leg injury. There is a lot of concern for him on the Macclesfield forum:

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown ... ?id=174235
Dash

Post by Dash »

The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The Beerhunter wrote:Desean Martin to Brocton.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/broctonfc ... 21679.html
Interesting... as trailed on the squad thread... (see my post on 29 July)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3574&start=60

But this link says it's a "season-long loan" from which there is, as I understand it, no recall clause

Yet another mystery
The Beerhunter

Post by The Beerhunter »

Stephane ' Big Steve ' Ngamvoulou started for Hungerford Town in the NLS yesterday.
Spencer Weir-Daley and Vinny Mukendi both played for Redditch in their 5-0 win over Dunstable, Vinny scoring after coming off the bench.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

J'Cee Abraham now registered with Romulus - like George Cater, you can't be either on loan to or dual-registered with another club in the NPL empire, so yet again, clarification is needed

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/saturday ... n=football

Zak Martin to SCT also in that list. We already knew about Josh Craddock
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Curtis Tilt makes the (League Paper's) League One team of the day:

cliff edge

Post by cliff edge »

Jack Fitzwater on loan FGR.