Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Lee K

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

Post by Lee K »

Is it just me or has every player we’ve signed refused clubs from a higher level to play for us? The way we are going automatic promotion should be ours by the end of January….
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

No news yet though regarding the likes of Carter Lycett and Riley O'Sullivan. It's nice to see we're getting plenty of experience on board at this level again.🙄
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
C D S

Post by C D S »

Cuff’s an interesting one. The very dictionary definition of ‘mercurial’ when describing a winger. I’ve seen him absolutely take us to pieces in games but have also seen completely anonymous performances from him as well. Strangers have always had a lot of time for him as a game-changer but he has a reputation for being a bit stroppy. Rowe’s had a few clubs in the last couple of years but did have a decent campaign for Redditch last time out. Don’t know anything about Carter-Byrne.

Squad starting to come together now - an experienced holding midfielder - someone like Ryan Beswick - would be high on my shopping list as well as a target man if O’Sullivan isn’t coming back, then take a look at what’s out there on trial in pre-season.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

O-Yay, O-Yay
Just back from town crying trips.
Looks like we need one more player to make a team of 11.
Hit the ground running come the season start and we will all be on the terrace shouting --
O-Yay, O-Yay
dig a-ling
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I suspect that clubs higher up the pyramid are keen to swell their numbers at this time with a view to having a cull as friendlies progress. Cuff is possibly the best signing of the three, but I don't see how we can play both him and Tilt as the latter was highly inconsistent and became more so as the season progressed.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 10:42 am I suspect that clubs higher up the pyramid are keen to swell their numbers at this time with a view to having a cull as friendlies progress. Cuff is possibly the best signing of the three, but I don't see how we can play both him and Tilt as the latter was highly inconsistent and became more so as the season progressed.
Tilt hasn't actually signed yet Perton.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Without wishing to keep repeating myself we need three or four experienced signings if we are not going to have another season of under achievement and mediocrity.
We can't keep relying on youngsters hoping they'll come good.
I'm not seeing anything at the moment that will tempt me back to Keys Park.

Sorry.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 11:46 am
Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 10:42 am I suspect that clubs higher up the pyramid are keen to swell their numbers at this time with a view to having a cull as friendlies progress. Cuff is possibly the best signing of the three, but I don't see how we can play both him and Tilt as the latter was highly inconsistent and became more so as the season progressed.
Perton must have a different source, eg this one... ;)

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 1:06 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 11:46 am
Perton must have a different source, eg this one... ;)

Without looking it up, I think the press release said something along the lines of Tilt (and Webb and Hayden) indicating their intention to remain at KP for next season. Therefore, unless we hear anything more concrete than that I make Keith right.
And there’s definitely been no mention of Lycett or Ebbutt at all, so Sean Paul is definitely jumping the gun!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 11:56 am Without wishing to keep repeating myself we need three or four experienced signings if we are not going to have another season of under achievement and mediocrity.

Sorry.
What do we need again? :-)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 2:16 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 11:56 am Without wishing to keep repeating myself we need three or four experienced signings if we are not going to have another season of under achievement and mediocrity.

Sorry.
What do we need again? :-)
🤔
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

My son is my source as he gets twitter alerts (I can't be bothered with that nonsense). If anyone believes that we have the financial clout to compete with the likes of Stourbridge, Tamworth et al then they are deluding themselves. We obviously have less awareness of what clubs outside our region are doing, but I do forecast another season of mid-table at best. Nobody is to blame, but I guess the club needs to look at developing additional sources of income and not relying as heavily on matchday receipts as we perhaps currently do.
Del

Post by Del »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 3:30 pm Nobody is to blame, but I guess the club needs to look at developing additional sources of income and not relying as heavily on matchday receipts as we perhaps currently do.
Sponsorship, Sponsorship, Sponsorship!!
A Commercial Manager worth his salt and prepared to go around knocking on shop doors .. (and takes a %age of the deal as a reward!)
Been there, got the t-shirt!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Del wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 4:07 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 3:30 pm Nobody is to blame, but I guess the club needs to look at developing additional sources of income and not relying as heavily on matchday receipts as we perhaps currently do.
Sponsorship, Sponsorship, Sponsorship!!
A Commercial Manager worth his salt and prepared to go around knocking on shop doors .. (and takes a %age of the deal as a reward!)
Been there, got the t-shirt!
Give Del a job, Graham!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

A proper Commercial Manager was suggested over 12 months ago and again in personal emails 6 months ago, if it's not happened by now it's not going to.
C D S

Post by C D S »

Just found this match report from three years ago when Coleshill played Whitchurch in the F.A. Cup. Some rather familiar names there. The manager certainly sticks with what/who he knows:

That's step 4 Coleshill losing to step 5 Whitchurch by the way.
www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Probably because its all he knows.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

C D S wrote: Tue Jun 07 2022 5:57 pm Just found this match report from three years ago when Coleshill played Whitchurch in the F.A. Cup. Some rather familiar names there. The manager certainly sticks with what/who he knows:

That's step 4 Coleshill losing to step 5 Whitchurch by the way.
So we should re-sign Campion then?

(If he were fit I'd say yes!)
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

A plethora of players announced as signed:

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/0 ... rally-call

Not sure I agree with some of the descriptions but hey, ho and looking at who some of the local clubs in our league are signing I think we’ll do well to match last season’s 9th place on the evidence of overall business so far.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

What I will say is that a fair few clubs in our area are strengthening by signing players who are proven at this level. This doesn't guarantee success as we know.
We have chosen to retain a couple who will do well for us, a couple with question marks hanging over them, a couple who are step 4 at best and a crop of kids who will struggle to make an impression next season. The only player on the list who is genuinely exciting is the young keeper who I think is a serious prospect.
I may be proven wrong, but I think a top 12 finish will be an achievement despite the hype in the press release.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Out of all players signed up so far there isn't one with genuine step 3 quality or any sort of lengthy experience at the level. The only exception is probably Lita but you have to ask the question how many games will we get out of him.
With this squad I will be happy to avoid relegation but I certainly won't be stumping up 9 quid a game to watch the same style of football we used last season.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Jun 13 2022 8:55 pm Out of all players signed up so far there isn't one with genuine step 3 quality or any sort of lengthy experience at the level. The only exception is probably Lita but you have to ask the question how many games will we get out of him.
With this squad I will be happy to avoid relegation but I certainly won't be stumping up 9 quid a game to watch the same style of football we used last season.
Don’t be grumpy Keith :-)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I call it being realistic mate
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

...spare a thought for those of us paying 12 quid!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 14 2022 2:27 pm ...spare a thought for those of us paying 12 quid!
Worth every penny Perton to watch the manager tear the league up.
🤔