Squad 2019/20 (thread locked)

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Real Ale Fan On Tour

Re: Hednesford Town Squad 2019/20

Post by Real Ale Fan On Tour »

It would seem some people want the Sheriff to leave Town :-D
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Real Ale Fan On Tour wrote: Thu Jul 04 2019 10:52 pm It would seem some people want the Sheriff to leave Town :-D
:clap:
the phoenix will rise again
Garlstain

Post by Garlstain »

If I wanted him to leave town he would been gone last yr there's a meeting at club in next few weeks and I no the forums on the agenda so u might find he will get a letter telling him to leave the club anyway he does need to go watch chasetown or strangers more his cup tea I guess
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Garlstain wrote: Fri Jul 05 2019 9:35 am If I wanted him to leave town he would been gone last yr there's a meeting at club in next few weeks and I no the forums on the agenda so u might find he will get a letter telling him to leave the club anyway he does need to go watch chasetown or strangers more his cup tea I guess
Ban someone for his opinion that's a new one good look with that
Just remember who pushed me at the tunnel what's that make you
Just remember your the manager not the owner
Any way this thread has gone way of topic
the phoenix will rise again
TerryMc

Post by TerryMc »

I have had a number of club staff/players etc. making comments to me about this forum and the constant carping and negativity that it proliferates. I have to say, quite honestly, that this negativity does not affect me in the slightest as I have not and have no intention of reading it.

I would simply offer some advice to some of my more recent colleagues, based on years of trying to engage sensibly with supporters on here and having comments twisted and rubbished by people who do not know how the club operates but simply wish to have a platform to air their uninformed and rather prejudiced views.
My advice? Do not come on here, simply ignore the comments that are made, if you never read them it is like they do not exist. Do not post a comment and expect a reasonable response, the person posting negative comments is simply trying to provoke a reaction, do not give it to them, why should you?
As far as our players go, you have been signed by a manager who knows what is required and is confident in what you will bring to the squad and if some 'supporter' is critical, who gives a toss?
A certain few individuals like to extol the virtues of 'freedom of speech' but like to post their comments irrespective of any sense of responsibility and oblivious to the fact that their negativity undermines morale. Simply ignore, forget that this platform exists, it is far easier than getting wound up over the unnecessary and unwarranted criticism.
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

democracy seems to have gone out the window hear i take everything with a pinch of salt we are not in china were you can not say what you want freedom of speech i say when you say some people have been upsetting the apple cart wye not name them instead of taring all with the same brush :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Del

Post by Del »

Squad latest

Daniel Platt
James Hurst
Charlie Gatter
Matt Curley
Sam Griffiths
Carter Lycett
Kieran Morris
Ben Bailey (club captain)
Louis Ezewele
Ollie Waddison
Jack Hallahan
Kristian Scott
Tom Elliott
Liam Truslove
Izak Reid
Daniel Glover
Ben O’Hanlon
Bradley Wells
Kieran Wells
Osebi Abadaki
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I don’t go on many forums, but I suggest that the vast majority on here are behaving themselves and let us remember that the moderators do a good job In keeping things in check.
I’m sure lots of great things are happening at the club, but it’s fair to say that the tone of some of the messages being posted on here by representatives of the club leave a lot to be desired. If this doesn’t cease then the whole thing could descend into a slanging match.
The fans are grateful for the involvement of the consortium but at the same time those running the club are custodians of this institution and as such can expect to be questioned, challenged and subjected to scrutiny.
We had a close escape with OWNAFC and there are plenty of clubs up and down the country that carry the scars from poor stewardship.
Communication from the club and manager is appreciated but they have to accept that some will always complain, doubt or simply ask for clarity if the message being delivered isn’t clear.
As for the players, it’s good to see them on here, but they will need thick skin - show me a football club forum where this isn’t the case.
:scratchhead:
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

I live in Manchester so find the forum incredibly useful for keeping in touch with the club. I would hate to see it changed so that people who criticise things are banned.

I'm surprised that so many people are offended by Sheriff. I don't often agree with him but I don't find his comments against the forum rules, which it might be a few people having a look at again:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3

For example, these excerpts

2. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

3. Do unto others, as you would have them do to you. Do not post against somebody in a rude or nasty manner. Do not flame other members for their thoughts or opinions. We all have a different perspective on life and general topics so respect others and they will respect you. If you have a problem with another user do not post it here in the forums. Send that user an email or PM but do not bring your dirty laundry to the forums. If you do you will be warned and if you do it again you will be immediately banned or account terminated if the Webmaster or Administrators deems fit.

By using the Independent HTFCSA Forum, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in chat rooms, bulletin boards or other forums, including private messages:

· Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.

I think Del has the support of people on here in doing a good job of moderating. It will make his life as a club volunteer easier if everyone keeps to the forum rules.
Stuart Bowman
cds

Post by cds »

Well, the last two pages of this thread have certainly veered off on a tangent…
As a more diplomatic solution to people falling out with others on here – bear in mind that if you don’t want to read comments from a poster or group of posters, you can put them on ‘ignore’ by logging in and going to the ‘user control panel’. Go to ‘Friends & foes’ and then select ‘Find a member’ under ‘Add new foes’. Find the poster or posters you don’t want to view their posts and submit. This means that the posts by the poster(s) selected won’t be fully visible when you log in and view the board
pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent HTFC
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Pitmanchester wrote: Sun Jul 07 2019 8:17 pm I live in Manchester so find the forum incredibly useful for keeping in touch with the club. I would hate to see it changed so that people who criticise things are banned.

I'm surprised that so many people are offended by Sheriff. I don't often agree with him but I don't find his comments against the forum rules, which it might be a few people having a look at again:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3

For example, these excerpts

2. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

3. Do unto others, as you would have them do to you. Do not post against somebody in a rude or nasty manner. Do not flame other members for their thoughts or opinions. We all have a different perspective on life and general topics so respect others and they will respect you. If you have a problem with another user do not post it here in the forums. Send that user an email or PM but do not bring your dirty laundry to the forums. If you do you will be warned and if you do it again you will be immediately banned or account terminated if the Webmaster or Administrators deems fit.

By using the Independent HTFCSA Forum, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in chat rooms, bulletin boards or other forums, including private messages:

· Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.

I think Del has the support of people on here in doing a good job of moderating. It will make his life as a club volunteer easier if everyone keeps to the forum rules.
Thanks for reminding us of the rules. I can think of the odd person that would do well to bear these in mind! :clap:
I’m not aware of any plans to make changes but it would be the SA that would presumably make such a decision rather than the club.
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Jul 07 2019 9:07 pm Thanks for reminding us of the rules. I can think of the odd person that would do well to bear these in mind! :clap:
I’m not aware of any plans to make changes but it would be the SA that would presumably make such a decision rather than the club.
I also remind everyone of this statement from the bottom of every forum page:

All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Can we all please now move on as the season approaches, I'm sure everyone, me included, has far better things to do than keep reading "snidey" comments aimed at each other .. we are all here for the same reason, to support HTFC in whatever way we can.

Finally, I too am not aware of any planned changes, mainly because I world hope there are none!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Great news, he looked very impressive in 45 minutes on Saturday!

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

Latest news: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/07 ... the-pitmen

Squad latest

Daniel Platt
James Hurst
Charlie Gatter
Matt Curley
Sam Griffiths
Carter Lycett
Kieran Morris
Ben Bailey (club captain)
Louis Ezewele
Ollie Waddison
Jack Hallahan
Kristian Scott
Tom Elliott
Liam Truslove
Joey Evans
Izak Reid
Daniel Glover
Ben O’Hanlon
Bradley Wells
Kieran Wells
Osebi Abadaki

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Dobba
Site Admin

Post by Dobba »

Thought the first home friendly after a pretty hefty squad overhaul was the perfect time to start revamping the layout of the Squad page. Bigger photos, ditching the sponsorship as part of the squad list and just generally making it a bit tidier.

Will get cracking with part 2 after the game.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

That looks much better Ben

:clap:

Had we better squeeze in Jose Veiga, since he's likely to feature, at least on the bench...?
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

Dobba wrote: Wed Jul 10 2019 4:05 pm Thought the first home friendly after a pretty hefty squad overhaul was the perfect time to start revamping the layout of the Squad page. Bigger photos, ditching the sponsorship as part of the squad list and just generally making it a bit tidier.
Will get cracking with part 2 after the game.
Cracking work Ben :clap: :clap:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Danny Glover scores for Gresley FC today in their 2-4 defeat at Walsall Wood ??
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

so has he gone then keith
Pitman1983

Post by Pitman1983 »

He might have just gone to get a 90 in before next Saturday
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

hope so mate see you sat
steve-k

Post by steve-k »

From Gresley match report....

“Gresley manager Gavin Hurren was without the holidaying Albert Lansdowne so Gresley legend Jamie Barrett was called upon to take the central defender’s role. He also added a new signing to his starting line-up, Daniel Glover.”
Pitman1983

Post by Pitman1983 »

I would hang fire before jumping to conclusions. He is player coach here and a much sought after player at this level, Gresley are two steps down. He might be there to gain fitness, await official news!!!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I don't see what the problem is. He's clearly a non-contract player with us, therefore he is entitled to dual register with a club in a different league and play for them when not required by us, and he hasn't featured much during pre-season so to get a game in before we start is ideal, isn't it?
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
steve-k

Post by steve-k »

Don’t see anyone jumping to conclusions or stating there are problems at all, not sure why those comments are necessary. Some people churning out the same old comments when people take time to post information.

Someone reported a player had turned out for another team, I looked at their website and pasted what was on it.

I know we need to wait for confirmation from the club but the information reported on is all out there on the web, it’s the way of the world. Perhaps we should not mention anything until it appears on the club website.

Sometimes I can see why people get exasperated with this forum, don’t think I’ll both with it anymore.

Have a blessed day and a good season.