Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Perton Pitman

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2024/25

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think we need a squad of 18 players in order to mount a serious challenge for the title. We may end up having a run in one of the FA competitions (getting to the 3Q round of the FA Cup may entail 5 games). Part of the challenge will be keeping everyone happy, but it does seem that our strategy is to recruit from Step 2 and pinch Leek's best two players.
We will get injuries etc but all of this is very intriguing
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Tue Jun 25 2024 12:08 pm just some thoughts about the squad, where would Jarvis fit in. and is Endall good enough ?
Endall would fit in some other teams squad for me considering the calibre of the squad we're building.

Jervis will be wide or impact player from the bench.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jun 25 2024 1:44 pm I think we need a squad of 18 players in order to mount a serious challenge for the title. We may end up having a run in one of the FA competitions (getting to the 3Q round of the FA Cup may entail 5 games). Part of the challenge will be keeping everyone happy, but it does seem that our strategy is to recruit from Step 2 and pinch Leek's best two players.
We will get injuries etc but all of this is very intriguing
I think the recruitment policy so far is the correct one because if promotions come you could have a settled squad for two or three seasons with the minimum off tweaking
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the season starts. We are filling the squad with players who have joined us from one, two and three levels above us. Talent can only take you so far. You also need team spirit and a lot of effort. We know they’re all there for the money, time will tell whether they are (or who is) there just for the money.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Agreed - we will look like a right load of muppets if we fail to get promoted. Money gives you a great chance, but players need the hunger to win so I'm hoping we've picked players with the correct attitude.
:scratchhead: