Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Del

Re: Hednesford Town Team Talk 2022/23

Post by Del »

As per usual, the longer a stony silence comes out of the Race Stadium, the more speculation will be generated.
Certainly, as my learned friend Keith has said, the owners are obviously very inexperienced with regards to appointing footballing positions within the club (that is not meant as any sort of criticism) so they will be heavily reliant on the Director of Football, who in turn will want to be 100% certain he is giving them the correct advice this time using all his non-league experience and contacts.

Giving Lita the job immediately would almost guarantee him staying at the Club, but with the current state of affairs regarding the footballing side, has he got the knowledge, contacts and the know-how to turn things around? And would that player/manager position involve even more funds being directed to him personally when something needs to be done with the current squad?

We can but wait. :think:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

It gets worse before it hopefully gets better

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2022/09/club-update-2
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Interesting. Twitter now confirms Martin Riley is on holiday and with Cameron, Webb and Hayden leaving that just leaves Ison, Portman and Manton as the only defenders in the squad for Saturday, the latter of which is clearly not good enough for this level of football.
I am sure the new arrivals mentioned will be defenders, and if it’s a rush job signings from step 5 we could be in for a hammering on Saturday.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Time to get the Sky Bet app out.
Del

Post by Del »

Crane and Bailey to return?
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Things don't look good. Given recent developments perhaps KMR saw what was coming and bailed out. The squad, already short on quality, is now short on numbers.
Definitely worth sticking a few quid on tamworth on Saturday for those that partake in that pastime
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

And here is the first of those predicted step 5 players:

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... w-Defender

If we’re replacing Cameron with step 5 players it doesn’t matter who the manager is, we are going to struggle to stay in this league.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff

Post by sheriff »

We can also confirm two new arrivals to the squad will be announced in the next 24 hours.

MANAGER UPDATE

We can confirm that discussions to appoint a new manager are still ongoing however we are hopeful of being able to complete this process soon and make an appointment in the near future.

doesn't the manager decide what players he wants
i smell a rat
the phoenix will rise again
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Thu Sep 08 2022 5:37 pm We can also confirm two new arrivals to the squad will be announced in the next 24 hours.

MANAGER UPDATE

We can confirm that discussions to appoint a new manager are still ongoing however we are hopeful of being able to complete this process soon and make an appointment in the near future.

doesn't the manager decide what players he wants
i smell a rat
We can all draw our own conclusions
from that and I've already drawn mine. I think we will be visiting a lot of new clubs next season if I'm correct, I do hope I'm not.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Welcome to our new player. A step 5 signing. Hope he can bridge the gulf ...
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Two more signings

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Looks like we are gearing up for step 4 football next season
Del

Post by Del »

Perton Pitman wrote: Fri Sep 09 2022 2:42 pm Looks like we are gearing up for step 4 football next season
I guess it's all about money now ... IF Lita is getting the manager's job or even if he isn't - money will be needed to tempt someone to take over the current lot at the moment!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Fri Sep 09 2022 2:57 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Fri Sep 09 2022 2:42 pm Looks like we are gearing up for step 4 football next season
I guess it's all about money now ... IF Lita is getting the manager's job or even if he isn't - money will be needed to tempt someone to take over the current lot at the moment!
I just wish we could be treated like the reasoning adults we all are and someone would come out and say look lads we just haven't got the money needed to compete at this level, I'm sure everyone would understand and rally around.
It certainly appears that is the case with the signings coming in and that is in no way meant to be disrespectful to those particular players.
I do hope I'm wrong and that it is an interim measure to bolster the squad while we are waiting to appoint a new manager, but that then also begs the question who is making these signings.
Also I hope no one at the club gets offended by my post as that is not my intention I'm just a very concerned supporter.
Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Fri Sep 09 2022 4:00 pm
It certainly appears that is the case with the signings coming in and that is in no way meant to be disrespectful to those particular players.
I do hope I'm wrong and that it is an interim measure to bolster the squad while we are waiting to appoint a new manager, but that then also begs the question who is making these signings.
Also I hope no one at the club gets offended by my post as that is not my intention I'm just a very concerned supporter.
I'm sure other can back me up (Scott, Keith, Lee) but wasn't one of the ideas of the original HTFCSA that some of the funds raised could be used to help pay the wages of a suitable incoming player should the budget require help ... when Mr Price held the purse strings?
That idea was kicked out when a certain chair took over from Scott though! :evil:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think openness and transparency is essential at a time like this. We appear to be pursuing a strategy of sorts and this is fine if it is in line with the financial model. I have no issue with the club having a budget which is not sufficient to compete at this level and there is no shame in saying this to fans.
A lot of fans are reasonable people and will accept this. The owners are doing their best I have no doubt and if, as others have said, they set the position out clearly then i am sure fans will back them , continue to support the team and hopefully rally around to ensure that our great club, steeped in history, continues to be a focal point of the local community.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Sep 10 2022 7:11 am I think openness and transparency is essential at a time like this. We appear to be pursuing a strategy of sorts and this is fine if it is in line with the financial model. I have no issue with the club having a budget which is not sufficient to compete at this level and there is no shame in saying this to fans.
A lot of fans are reasonable people and will accept this. The owners are doing their best I have no doubt and if, as others have said, they set the position out clearly then i am sure fans will back them , continue to support the team and hopefully rally around to ensure that our great club, steeped in history, continues to be a focal point of the local community.
More or less what I was trying to say PP, but perhaps a little more eloquently put. My passion overrides my words sometimes
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Sep 10 2022 7:11 am I think openness and transparency is essential at a time like this. We appear to be pursuing a strategy of sorts and this is fine if it is in line with the financial model. I have no issue with the club having a budget which is not sufficient to compete at this level and there is no shame in saying this to fans.
sorry i can't wear that hat it appears that our club have no ambition
the phoenix will rise again
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm sure we have ambition, but we all know money is the key to success at this level. We appear to be generating more revenue from alternative sources which is a positive. We have to accept that many smaller businesses are going to struggle over the winter and so prising money off them will be more of challenge for all clubs and I can see a recalibration in the coming months as clubs start to feel the pinch as costs rise and revenues stagnate. The owners will do what they can, but ultimately they have finite resources and they shouldn't have any criticism coming their way because of that fact.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Sat Sep 10 2022 8:56 am
sorry i can't wear that hat it appears that our club have no ambition
Mate there's a big difference between ambition and affordability.
Caroljohnson

New signing

Post by Caroljohnson »

Ben Bailey is back!
bix_the_dog

Re: New signing

Post by bix_the_dog »

Good news :)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman

Re: New signing

Post by Perton Pitman »

I am very pleased. If nothing else, Ben is Hednesford through and through.
Welcome back Ben